Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Hema MahawanYour feedback matters!
Dear Doctor, I am aged 63 years and my wife age is 54 years. We have oral sex on a daily basis which gives us much pleasure, happiness and clear mind. While doing oral sex with my wife, I never wear any type of condom because without condom wearing oral sex gives us more pleasure than condom wearing oral sex. While doing condom less oral sex with my wife, she swallows all my fluid. Does it give hurt to her beautiful body or will any disease enter into her body? Likewise any disease enter into my body while swallowing her fluid during vagina oral sex? Please clear my doubt.
My partner was recently diagnosed with a type of hpv infection and he is using some ointment called podowart for those warts which he had in his penis due to the infection. But as we dint no about it priorly we participated in sex even . So will that infect me even? Is it a serious issue for me than my partner?
I had sex with my girlfriend on 8th day of her period without protection but I ejaculated outside and also I had sex in standing position, and her date is 17th and still she is not having her period, im so so worried doctors, please tell me something, that I can do in home to avoid her pregnancy if she is, im so worried doctors please please please suggest me pleases, I do not no what to do now, is there something that I can give to her, I do not want to give her tablets and I can not take her to any doctor, please if there something that can help me and that I can do in home then please tell me please doctors I request you please doctors suggest me. Thanks.
I am 30 years female and gave birth to a baby girl few days back. But in the early stage what precautions should I take to build a healthier growth of my baby. Please suggest.
Hi, I am 8 weeks pregnant. From 4 days I am suffering from fever, cold and cough. Doctor gave me wikoryl tablet but it does not work for me. Again today I went for check up, my temperature was 100°F.doctor gave these tablets, dolo 650, numox LB and grilinctus BM syrup for 3 days along with that daily m taking folic acid. U have a few questions running in my mind. Plsssss please kindly give me the answers please. 1) can I take these many tablets in my pregnancy, can it affect for fetal development? 2) is there any chances of miscarriage? 3) dolo 650 tab can be taken daily 3 times? 4) is these medicines are safe to take during this time? 5) if mother is sick, is baby too is sick which is in the womb? Thank you in advance.
I had a sex in 22 january and his period date is 29 january so pregnancy is happen or not pease reply.
Onions are incredibly common vegetables, and we often overlook the impressive health benefits that they provide. Onions have a similar nutrient profile to garlic, as well as the active ingredient, allicin, which affects our bodies in many different ways. Onion juice has been known as a natural remedy for angina and other cardiovascular issues, and it can quickly reduce cholesterol levels if taken on a daily basis. Extracting onion juice and drinking it directly may not seem like the most appealing remedy or preventative measure for angina, but it has been proven to work!
My wife is not pregnant, but she missed her period n now it's 18 days late. What is the solution or medication to solve this problem?
What is premenstrual syndrome (PMS)? In a layman's language, it is that time of the month you don't really want to unnecessarily bother a woman or you might have to face the brunt of an emotional outburst. In medical terms, it is a combination of emotional, physical, psychological changes that occur in a woman after ovulation and culminates with the ending of her menstrual flow. The most common mood-related symptoms are irritability, depression, crying, oversensitivity, and mood swings.
The most common physical symptoms are fatigue, bloating, breast tenderness, acne, and appetite changes with food cravings. In severe cases, anger, irritability, anxiety and tension leads to loss of the functioning ability of a woman. If you've been there or are suffering, you are not alone. There are scores of women around the world who experience these symptoms. Here are ways to minimize and get rid of PMS.
1. Control PMS with diet changes: Certain food types in general are not a healthy choice but can cause more harm than good during PMS. Depending on what factor affects you the most, cut down on these types of food.
- Salt: Excess salt can lead to bloating
- Caffeine: Can lead to anxiety, sleeplessness and irritability
- Alcohol: The concoction for depression
- Sugar: Can cause mood swings
As always, eating more fruits, veggies and grains at the right time can keep you healthy and prepared for those dreaded days.
2. Exercise: Exercise is a mood lifter. It gets you into shape, adds to your stamina and slowly but steadily boosts your confidence to become slimmer, stronger, and fitter. The trick is to pick up on an exercise you love. Hit the road and run free with your thoughts or turn on the music and dance with aerobics.
3. Stock up on vitamins: Hormonal imbalances are the primary cause behind PMS. Though it is not proven, stocking up on some essential vitamins like calcium, potassium and minerals can give you more strength to fight the symptoms.
4. Herbal remedies: They've been around for hundreds of years and you are likely to have an aunt or grandma swear by one of these cures. From ginger to primrose oil, these cures can balance your hormonal activity in a natural way. You will need to experiment to see what really suits your need.
5. Take a break: No matter what physical or emotional trauma you go through, it can double up because of stress and lack of sleep. Knowing your 'off' days, it's best you find a way to take some time off for yourself at a spa or try meditation and deep breathing. Do what you love to do to. Keep your mind calm and clear. Listen to music, take a walk with your dog or simply read a good book.
To start with, change your diet, take a few supplements and herbs, and start exercising, and you should see the change in the first few cycles itself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Obesity has emerged as one of the most common and serious health problems today, affecting all and sundry. Children, in particular; are the worst affected. Obesity is an amalgamation of sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy eating habits and certain medical conditions. If neglected, it can create havoc. Diabetes, high blood pressure and hypertension are some of the major health complications that obesity can lead to. Thus, one needs to control and check this menace at the earliest. Maintaining a healthy body weight is the best way to control obesity. Many surgical and non surgical options are available to lose weight. Weight loss the Ayurvedic way is not only effective, but 100% natural.
Ayurvedic tips for weight loss
The following Ayurvedic tips, if practiced diligently, can give you a lot to cheer about. For an effective treatment, one needs to understand their body type well. Ayurveda classifies people in two categories. People of the Vata Type (more of ember and air in their system), those who can eat like a glutton and yet have a figure to die for. On the contrary, people having more of earth and water in their system (Kapha Types) can put on weight at the drop of a hat.
- Exercise your way to fitness: The benefits of exercise are immense. Start your day with a 30-45 minute exercise to feel the difference. Jogging or brisk walking will be very beneficial. It will give you the extra zeal to fight the unwanted fats in your system.
- Yoga and pranayams: Our body is made up of seven chakras. Proper activation and functioning of the chakras are important to enjoy sound health. Yoga and pranayams are instrumental in activating these chakras. Meditation also rejuvenates a person mentally and physically. A sound mind and body positively responds to the various Ayurvedic weight loss programmes.
- Healthy Sleeping Habits: Early to bed and early to rise can indeed make a person, healthy, wealthy and wise. People with unhealthy sleeping habits are more likely to be obese. Work is important, but not at the expense of one's health. A 10.30 pm-4.30 am sleep schedule is highly recommended.
- Eat healthy: Unhealthy eating habits contribute significantly to obesity. It should be noted that starving will do you more harm than good. A healthy practice is to have small meals at regular intervals. Do not keep your stomach empty. Reduce the carbohydrate and fat intake. Include lots of vegetables, fruits, lean fish, and low fat dairy products in your diet. Ayurvedic medicines like, Triphala churan, guggulu, Triushanaadi loha, shilajit, swarnmakshik bhasm and Medhohar guggul are very effective. However, these medicines should be taken under medical supervisions.
- Avoid sedentary lifestyle: Try and avoid a sedentary lifestyle as much as possible. If your work requires you to sit for a long period of time, a short break every one hour can prove to be beneficial.
Ayurveda goes a long way to keep obesity and the associated health complications at bay.