Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh PriyadarshiYour feedback matters!
I am 24 year old. My lmp was 26 march 16, my due date is over by 4 days. Currently there is back pain, tenderness in nipple and constipation from last 3 days. The bowl movement is not regular as it was earlier. I am suspecting pregnancy but I am afraid with my constipation and back pain at all. please help me to under stand the complications faced by me.
Sciatica pain arises from the sciatic nerve which is the single largest nerve in our body. It consists of individual nerve roots, which branching out from the lower back of the spine to the back of each leg and combining together forms the sciatic nerve. The origination of the sciatic pain lies in the lower back of the body and radiates down the buttock to the sciatic nerve.
Causes of the sciatica pain
- Arthritis: If an individual is diagnosed with arthritis, then he or she can expect a throbbing pain or numbness down till the leg.
- Herniated disc: Another cause could be a herniated disc in the lower back of the body.
- Spondylosis: Spondylosis in the lower back would also be a reason for the development of the sciatica pain.
- PIVD/DISC bulge
Other causes are a spinal injury, diseased degenerative disc, infection on and around the lower back. The pain would worsen, if an individual is in an occupation where he or she has to stand or sit for hours at length. The lifting of heavy things would strain the sciatic nerves as well.
How to identify sciatica pain?
Sciatica pain varies from infrequent to a constant throbbing down the lower back. So initially it is difficult to detect whether it is sciatic pain or not. But when the constant pain in the lower back leads right down till the toes and foot, it is really time for an individual to get in touch with a doctor. The pain can give a burning sensation almost searing making it difficult for the person to stand up or walk properly. Along with the pain, one can feel fatigued. An involvement of the spinal cord is rare in the sciatic pain but is possible.
Treatment for sciatica pain
Sciatica can be treated in both surgical and non-surgical way. Surgical treatment is rare as sciatica tends to respond well with non-surgical treatments. If the pain continues for over a month despite treatment, surgical treatment will be considered. The non-surgical pain treatment would include physical exercises and oral medications along with natural treatment.
- Medications: Painkiller medications prescribed by the doctor can be used to reduce sciatica. Medicines like aspirin, non-steroidal or oral steroids can help reduce the pain.
- Steroid injection: Epidural steroid injection acts faster as it is injected in the affected area, thus providing relief from the pain quickly.
- Exercise: Early morning exercises can be quite helpful.
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Discectomy: The surgical treatment of Percutaneous endoscopic disc dissectomy constitutes a large part of interventional pain physicians and it has evolved considerably in terms of surgical technique and instrumentation. Percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is a relatively new technique for removing lumbar disc herniation. It involves using an endoscope to visualize the disc removal. The discectomy is performed through a posterolateral approach using specially developed instruments. The advantage of percutaneous endoscopic discectomy is that the disc is approached posterolaterally through the triangle of Kambin without the need for bone or facet resection thus preserving spinal stability. The procedure is day care and is done under local anaesthesia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pain Management Specialist.
I have an pain in my left hand from tw o months. I have shown it to a doctor. He told me that some nerve has been tampered. N gave me some medicines. Bt pain is still there. What should I do. Pain in in my left hand wrist n palm n all fingers. Reply plz.
My mother recently developed pain in joints specially in interphalyngeal joints. She took a glass of lemon with warm water in the morning daily for 1 month. After which she developed these joint pains. She is a known diabetic, hypertensive, hypothyroid, and dyslipedimia patient and on medication for them. All the medical conditions are under normal values (she follows a good diet, takes regular medications and does her lab tests and medical checkups regularly) my question is. What could be the possible cause? does taking lemon water causes weakness? her triglycerides, cholesterol, hdl levels were in upper limit and now after taking lemon water for 1 month her lipid profile has decreases to. Triglycerides 100mg/dl, hdl 44 mg/dl, sr. Cholesterol 120mg/dl. She is using tab. Atocar f for dyslipidemia. Thankyou in advance for your patience to go through this lengthy question:-)
Am 32 years old, had Pulmonary Embolism two years back, now I am off of blood thinners since six months. I am interested in muscle building/body building so just started working out in gym, I was wondering when can I start taking supplements, such as whey protein, creatine or any other. Thanks.
Due to the hectic schedule and regular bad eating habits and the changed style of relaxing with tv and high-headed pillow caused many health problems in the society. Here we focus on the remedies for general problems, cervical patients and low back pain patients.
For good mental and physical health, the stress and strain should be minimised or avoided by everyone. The patient must be assured of getting the right treatment. Daily rehabilitation is the principle of treatment, hence, prolong rest should be avoided at every cost. Ignorance of physical posture causes many problems; therefore postural education is of great importance for the patients. Patients should go for regular exercises like walking, swimming, exercises to increase the spinal mobility, maintain the range of motion with exercises, exercises for back muscles as advised by a physiotherapist. It is important to mention that personal hygiene is very important. One should not forget to take proper diet as advised by the physiotherapist. The patient should keep in mind the generated stress during their office hours; therefore, the working hours may be reduced or patients should take breaks in the day. One should avoid the high impact exercises such as jumping or running, strenuous sporting activity and sudden uncontrolled movements. Cars are an inevitable part of our daily routine but we should always use seat belts while driving. Many muscle relaxants are advised and thongs of advice are available in many forms today, but a patient should follow the guidelines of his or her physiotherapist and over use of muscle relaxants must be avoided.