Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harpreet Kaur Khurana
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harpreet Kaur KhuranaYour feedback matters!
Skin allergy is one of the most common complaints in the general population. While the skin has an overall protective function, it also comes in contact with multiple chemicals and substances including pollen, animal dander, environmental pollutants, various metals that might irritate the skin.
When the body comes in touch with any of these, it produces what is known as histamines. Excessive histamines can cause the liquid portion of the cells (plasma) to escape, causing swelling, redness, and itching. This can happen due to either of the two reasons:
- Contact dermatitis, wherein the skin comes in touch with an irritant. This could be animal dander, detergents, laundry products, soaps, etc.
- It could also be due to eating some allergy-inducing substances like eggs, chocolates, milk, peanuts, etc.
Most common causes of contact dermatitis are listed below:
- Metals like nickel, which are used extensively in artificial jewelry
- Latex which could be used in kitchen and bathroom gloves
- Toiletries including soaps, creams, lotions, scrubs
- Laundry and toilet cleaning products
- After the first contact, it could take up to a week to 10 days for the symptoms to manifest
Testing for allergy: It is not easy to pin down the exact cause of the allergic reaction. Skin tests are done usually by exclusion, wherein the most likely causative agents are tested to see if they produce an allergic response. Once detected, the patient is advised to avoid contact or use of that particular agent. Patch test is done where the suspected allergy-causing agent is applied on the skin to see if it indeed causes an allergic reaction.
Management: Skin allergies are treated by a combination of topical and systemic therapy, both immediate and long-term.
When an allergy has actually happened, then the following needs to be done?
- Keep the area moisturized
- Avoid itching
- Apply a topical antihistamine agent
- Keep it free of metal or any other objects
- Avoid tight clothing, so that air circulation can help in healing
- Oatmeal powder helps in getting rid of the itching
- Use cool compresses to control the inflammation
- Use calamine and hydrocortisone creams
- Keep yourself hydrated
- Take systemic antihistamine if required to bring down the allergy response
- Once the causative agent is identified, it should be avoided.
- It is not easy to identify the allergen, but keeping a dairy whenever there is an allergic reaction helps. Look back to see what products or chemicals you came in touch with or used recently and by excluding some, the cause can be identified.
- If you are prone to skin allergies, always carry an antihistamine and also topical anti-allergy cream to manage the allergy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
One of my nostrils always remain blocked especially when I lie down. My nostrils start itching badly if I go in dust or have anything cold. I start to sneeze more frequently. Please suggest.
Im 18 years im getting grey hairs at this age. How can I reduce it and get rid of completely. Suggest some tips please.
I am facing problem of loose motion from last 2 days. As I ate 4-5 egs yesterday. So which typ of medicine should I take.
I am 38 years I have black patches on my check since 5 years. I used olay cream now I am using organ oil for wrinkles, dark spots, glowing and dark circ; es. Can you suggest me some good treatments for me please? Thanks.
I'm suffering from dark forehead and dark circles around eyes my cheeks and everything on my face was good in tone but when it comes to forehead and eyes it's disappointing please give me a reliable answer so that I will take medication.
Older people are at a higher risk of developing mental disorders as with age the neurology of the brain tends to deteriorate. Various physical illnesses, such as chronic pain and bone disorders which are common in older people can restrict their ability to live an independent life. Most of the diseases that affects older people tend to require long term care.
Other causes of mental disorders are events like death of near ones, disabilities or a reduction in socioeconomic status. These factors can make them isolated and lonely leading to psychological problems in the elderly. Physical diseases such as heart problems may also lead to mental problems.
With respect to the above points, you may follow these pointers to stay away from mental disorders:
- Physical exercise: It is very important to stay active as it has multiple health benefits. A sedentary lifestyle increases the risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases in the body. In case of movement restrictions, focus on doing simple activities like walking and moving about as replacement for regular exercise.
- Food: Food is important to mental health as they provide the necessary nutrients to the body. Add almonds to your diet as they contain vitamin B6 which is very good for the brain. Omega 3 and Omega-6 acids in almonds also contribute to brain health. Eat a diet that is low in fat, focus on simple and natural foods.
- Communicate: Take up a hobby or participate in social gatherings to get more involved with people. These activities will keep your mind occupied and stimulate your brain. It will reduce the risks of depression and related disorders.
- Remove negative emotions: Try to avoid negative emotions as they are the major source of depression. Take up meditation as their effect on improving mental health is well known. Focus on the positives in every experience to be content and happy. Negative emotions can lead to serious mental problems such as depression and anxiety disorders.