Lybrate.com has top trusted Urologists from across India. You will find Urologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Gurinder S KoharYour feedback matters!
What are kidney stones?
The primary function of the kidney is to filter the blood and eliminate the waste products through urine. The waste deposition is sometimes in the form of excessive calcium, uric acid and other undesirable contents. It may cause the urine to get highly saturated. This is when stone-like formations take place inside the kidneys. Kidney stones are also termed renal lithiasis or calculi. There are different kinds of kidney stones, which are differentiated based on its varied constituents. Kidney stones cause excruciating pain and uneasiness. Frequent urination, extreme discomfort during urinating and presence of blood in the urine are some of the major signs of kidney stones. The symptoms are not evident if the stones are very small in size.
Causes of kidney stones:
- Incorrect calcium intake: High amounts of calcium can lead to high calcium depositions in the kidneys. It is important to keep the calcium intake moderate. Calcium supplements must be checked if you have already included dairy products in your diet.
- Abnormal rates of sodium in the body: Sodium, just like calcium, gets deposited in the kidneys.
- Excessive animal protein intake: Too much of animal protein intake can make the urine turn acidic, leading to uric acid depositions in the kidneys.
- Sugary, aerated drinks: These lead to undesirable waste deposition in the blood stream and eventually in the kidneys.
- Inadequate water intake: Not keeping the body well hydrated can cause the urine to turn acidic and increase waste deposition.
Potential risks and complications of kidney stones:
- Kidney stones may cause an infection in the kidneys which may eventually spread to the other internal organs and surrounding tissues.
- Kidney stones block the ureter and cause severe pain and discomfort that make sitting, standing or any other posture difficult.
- Kidney stones rarely cause kidney failures but the severe blockage and infection may cause such detrimental results in the human body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.
My daughter age is 5 yrs. She has a habit of doing toilet in nights daily. What to do now please advise me.
Hello, I am only 30 years old, and healthy. I found a little lump on the outer skin of my anus, it does not hurt so far and smaller than a pea. It do causes itching though every time. It's been a month now, when I clean after poo it itches so I go deep inside to clean it properly. Again the soft stool began to continue. This morning while I was doing the same I got blood not coming out but inside. Could it be a cancer. How can I prevent or cure it.
Hello doctor I am suffering from anal fissure more than 2months. I consulting local doctor. He told me that the only solution for fissure is operation. But I don't want get operation. Please tell me.
He is CKD, HbSg reactive and TB patient with creatinine at 12. Can he be cured without dialysis? Pl advise accordingly.
Is over masturbation causes to kidney failure at 18 age? Dear, I am shameful to say that I am a victim of it So please help me.
To overcome stone problems, what should we do to get rid off it. ITs size is 5-6 mm. Without operations.
Gd mrng sir. I am 50 male. I am having a problem with passage of urine I don't have burning or pain while passing my urine but my stream & flow of urine is slow since last 4 years. I have bloodpressue & for that I am taking telma 40 & I have not started medicine for my blood sugar yesterday my fasting was 109. Sir I had a, renal calculi way back in june 2001 is it having any correlation with weak urine flow becoz that time I took homeopathy medicine & got respite from it. After thatvI have gone through ultrasound twice but things were normal. Sir please advice me some medicine for this problem of weak urine flow. I don't have any sexual contacts since last seven years. Expecting your kind suggestion in this regard.
I am a 23 year old male. I go to gym 5 days a week and I am a vegetarian. For the adequate amount of protein in my diet, I drink 2.5 liters of pasteurized milk during the whole day and I have been following this schedule for over an year now. However, I wanted to know if drinking so much amount of milk could have adverse effects on my health? Like causing kidney stone? Please suggest. I drink 2-2.5 liters of water a day and consume 3 meals a day.
Sir I am of 26 years of age having kidney stone of size 5 mm in both kidney since last one year I have taken medic protest mb and near but no improvement observed. Sir please suggest.
When I go for Urin than I notice two things 1st color is dark yellow and feel very bad small that's why?
After finishing my urinal, alittle to get ineed to wait for 3minutes wat cani do its not coming fully.
What happen with continuous mest urination what its effects and please teel me in what time period a person has to do or not to do. What will be the appropriate size of penis plzz I'm not I'll but I just wanted to know that please Sr/ mmam.
My son has been diagnosed kidney stone on both side. Right side kidney size is 4 mm and left side kidney stone size is 16 mm. He is 20 years old. Right side kidney size is 8.7 x 2.5 cm and left side kidney size is 9.2 x 5.1 cm with no hydronephrosis. Kindly suggest, is it curable by medicine or surgery is compulsory?
I am 63 years old male. I have been diagnosed With BPH for the past 6 years. I am on Alfucin Since then. Also I am suffering from erectile dysfunction for more than 8 years now. Sidnofil Citrate and other medication doesn't provide the desired result.Would you 'please suggest some remedies for my condition.
Bladder is an organ of the lower abdomen which stores urine. Though it is a problem common to both men and women, women are two times more prone to be affected than men.
The following are some of the causes that give rise to bladder pain.
- Bacterial infection or urinary tract infection is one of the common causes of bladder pain. Women are more likely to encounter uninary tract infection. It occurs if bacteria sneak in through the urethra leading to develop an infection in the urinary tract, which in turn affects the urinary bladder.
- Sometimes bladder stones can also give rise to bladder pain.
- Painful Bladder Syndrome is yet another cause, wherein your bladder holds pee after your kidneys have filtered it but before you pee it out. This condition causes pain and pressure below your belly button, causing pain in the bladder.
- Chronic pelvic pain is pain in the area below your bellybutton and between your hips that lasts six months or longer. There are multiple causes for such pain.
- Bladder cancer is another possible cause of bladder pain. If uncontrolled cancer cells are formed in the bladder, then it gives rise to bladder cancer. Bladder cancer is one of the most common cancers and generates unbearable pain in the bladder.
- Interstitial cystitis is another condition which gives rise to severe bladder pain. This condition is more commonly seen in women. The bladder becomes inflamed and irritated and the pain gets worse when the bladder is full or during menstruation. It is a chronic condition.
- Urethral stricture is another cause of bladder pain. Men are likely to be more affected by this condition. In this case, the urethra becomes inflamed and narrow creating difficulties to pass urine.
- Yeast infection also known as, Torulopsis is another cause of bladder pain.
Bladder pain can vary from being mild to severe. But, no matter what the degree of pain is, it requires serious medical attention. It is highly recommended that if you are suffering from bladder pain you must consult and seek a doctor's advice right from the beginning.