Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gurinder Bedi
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Gurinder BediYour feedback matters!
Last night I slept in such a position that while taking another position I felt much pain my shoulder got blocked and after regaining my normal position my shoulder got serious pain today my shoulder is paining badly please suggest any prescription.
I lifted heavy weight on February and it's been 7 months since I got lower back pain ,I don't have shooting pain in my legs, is it symptom of herniated disc?
Back pain is one the most common problems that you are most likely to experience, given the rigors of the modern day lifestyle. Back pain is usually characterized by a mild to severe pain in your lower back area. Some of the causes of back pain can be:
Homeopathy, with its plethora of medicines, serves as a better alternative as compared to its allopathic counterpart in curing back pain permanently, both acute as well as chronic. Homeopathic remedies are completely natural remedies without any side effect whatsoever.
Here are some basic homeopathic remedies for back pain:
- Arnica: If the cause of your back pain is an injury, Arnica can be one of the best homeopathic medicines. In this sort of a pain, you experience stiffness and soreness at the back of your muscles.
- Bryonia: If your backache worsens with movement, Bryonia can help to cure this problem. You experience a stiff and tearing pain which worsens in humid and hot conditions. Try not to lie on a soft surface if you experience this sort of a pain. Proper rest with this medicine is suggested.
- Kali Carb: Kali carb is best in treating low back pain, especially in females after a delivery. This medicine caters to the sort of a pain which renders a great amount of weakness to your back muscles.
- Mag Phos: It is one of the best homeopathic remedies if you experience a sort of a pain, which is relieved by external application of heat. Pain, both of acute and chronic stages, can be cured by this medicine.
- Rhus tox: If your pain gets worse with movement, Rhus-tox is one of the most potent homeopathic remedies which can treat the issue. This sort of a pain causes stiffness in the back and at times, gets aggravated when you are resting.
- Bellis Per: This homeopathic wonder takes care of pain which is chronic, or which has been left untreated since a long time. Any surgical related back pain problem can also be remedied by this medicine.
Even though some of the medications are mentioned here, it is better to take proper advice from your homeopathic practitioner, as the dosage and frequency must be decided by your doctor only based on the symptoms and your medical history.
Gone are the days when back pain affected a person only in their old age. Nowadays, almost every second person suffers from some kind of a backache. From sedentary lifestyle to certain diseases and ailments, the back pain can result from the amalgamation of various factors, making the condition painful (mild to chronic) and uncomfortable to the hilt. In this article, we will mainly stress upon the factors responsible for a back pain.
Underlying factors that often triggers a back pain
More than often, prolonged and chronic back pain interferes with the daily activities of a person, thereby jeopardizing their lives. For a proper treatment and management, one should first identify the factors responsible for the back pain. Some of the common and critical triggers include
- Sciatica: Sciatica is a neurological disorder whereby an inflammation or injury of the sciatic nerve (considered the largest nerve in the body) triggers numbness and a shooting pain that moves downwards, often from the lower back (the lumbar region) through the buttocks and hips into the back of one leg. Sometimes, a person may experience a pain down both the legs.
- Osteoarthritis of the spine: This is a painful degenerative disorder of the spine that mainly affects the neck and the lower back. Here, the cartilage of the discs and joints (lower back and neck) are damaged causing pain and weakness. In some people, the pain is so severe that it limits their motion to a great extent.
- Lumbar spinal stenosis: Stenosis of the lumbar spine results in severe back pain, especially in the lower half (lumbar area), triggered by narrowing down of the spinal canal.
- Osteoporosis of the spine: This is a bone disorder where the bones become so porous, thin and weak that they start to crack and break (including those of the spine), a condition known as vertebral compression fractures. These fractures are a common cause of weakness and back pain.
- Shingles: This is a viral infection (varicella-zoster virus) characterized by the appearance of a rash which is often painful. Shingles can occur in any part of the body including the spine. The viral infection in the spine is what triggers the back pain.
- Spinal Cancer, muscle spasm or ligament tear and strain on the back can give rise to back pain.
- Back pain can also be an outcome of rupture or disorder of the discs that act as a defensive shield between the spinal vertebrae.
- Leading a sedentary life can be dangerous, often causing back pain.
- People who are overweight or obese (especially the lower half) are known to suffer from a back pain.
- In many people, rigorous exercise and physical activities can be a major contributing factor, triggering a back pain.
- Women who wear high heels are more susceptible to developing a back pain.
- In addition to these, bad posture, stress, a poor quality mattress can equally contribute to back pain.
- Do not neglect the condition if the pain persists for more than a week. Get medical assistance to avoid further deterioration and complication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.