Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. GouravYour feedback matters!
Hi it's been 3 days up that my periods are delayed is there anything to worry about and what could be the reason for this delay. Though my legs and back pains just the same as the symptoms before periods come kindly please help.
I am having knees pain from last 1 week, not the continuous pain. I applied Volini gel couple of times before going to bed and it is better but cured properly. Please advise the reason and suggest any medicine.
I sprained my ankle 6 years ago while playing football. I had a lot of pain and swelling, my brother rubbed it immediately to heal it and I lost the swelling on next day it self, so I had not visited any doctor. But after 2 years it again started swelling and when I walk or run heavily it starts paining. Till now this is like this only. What I have to do to heal my sprain.
I have injury in my foot as it was twisted while playing soccer 2 years ago I have used many medicines and ointments.
My knee is painting in the morning everyday and whenever I sits on the ground above half and hour. Please give me a right solution quickly.
Hello doctor. I am 25 years old. I have cellulite in my thighs n back portion. Its very difficult for me to wear shorts. please suggest treatment for the same.
Hi recently I have check my vit D and vit b12. Vit D shows normal 70 Ng. But vit b12 shows more than 2000 pg. Which is much more. One month before I had eucalmin tab for 10 days and 3 nevrigine ing. Every week. I am old case of cervical spondylosis. Slip disc osteoporosis and severe back pain red. D7- d10 spondylosis advise how to reduce this high value of vit b12 and know me the cause. Last Dec 2015 I have undergone bypass surgery. Waiting for your experts suggestion.
I have problem with my right hand elbow problem last 20 days. No relief for pain killer under the orthopedic consult please give a some solution ?
Lower back pain is a household condition in today’s times. It has become a concern to reckon with, thanks to all the different job descriptions which require sitting for long stretches in front of desks and computers. This automatically puts a pressure on our lower back, resulting in lower back pain.
Lower back pain is actually a pain perceived in the lumbar region, which is situated below the ribcage. The spinal muscles, tendons, nerves and bones located in the lumbar spine experience severe pain which is referred to as lower back pain. Some of the major sources of lower back pains are:
- The ligaments, joints or bones get damaged
- Degeneration of the inter vertebral disc
- Irritation in the long nerve roots which start from the lower back and extend to the legs can cause pain
- Strain on the lower back muscles
Although with adequate rest lower back pain heals over time, seek advice from a doctor immediately if you have the following indications.
- Sudden fever or a feeling of chill all over your body
- Sudden weight loss
- You experience weakness in legs
- A problem in metabolic activities or improper functioning of bowels. You may feel unable to control your urine or have difficulties in bowel functions
- A persistent and severe pain in the abdomen
Factors that put you at risk
- If you are overweight
- Maintain bad postures while sitting or standing
- Follow unhealthy lifestyle habits such as excessive smoking or drinking coupled with a bad diet
- Lift heavy items/weights in your work
It is advisable to consult a doctor, if the lower back pain persists for a prolonged period. But if you have occasional bouts of pain, there are certain home remedies which you may follow:
- For a temporary pain relief, use a heating pad on the affected area. You may also take a warm bath.
- Do light exercises and yoga. Studies suggest yoga can actually heal the problem of lower back pain permanently, provided you practice it regularly. One thing you must remember is that you must exercise according to your body weight and postures.
- Physiotherapists and chiropractors use treatments such as spinal manipulations for treating the pain. It is actually applying pressures on the tissues around the affected area.
- Undergoing massage therapy is also one of the effective ways to reduce lower back pain.
- Acupuncture which involves tapping of the skin at specific points with the help of needles is the latest invention in the field of lower back pain treatment.
Finally, bring in some change in your lifestyle, if you never want to experience any kind of lower back pain. Make exercises an indispensable part of your daily life, cut down on alcohol and quit smoking immediately. To top it all, try to follow a healthy diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.