Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gourav Mishra
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Gourav MishraYour feedback matters!
There's a wound on my knee which has not healed in weeks, because it on the knee it keeps hitting here and there, could this be an infection?
I am a 54 year old male, I have knee joint muscle pain for both knees. How do I strengthen muscles surrounding knees. Who is the TOP doctor available for the same?
I am 38 female. I have pain in my foot. I can not walk after getting up from bed. After some time I can walk but pain is there. Pls answer.
Do's for knee pain:
1. Make a habit of walking for 15-20 minutes twice a day.
2. Apply hot pack in painful area for 10-15 minutes.
3. Start taking calcium reach foods in diet such as milk, paneer etc.
4. Try using knee cap or knee braces if there is pain while walking.
5. Maintain normal healthy weight.
Dont's for knee pain:
1. Avoid running in high speed.
2. Avoid sitting cross legged.
3. Avoid sitting in low height chair.
4. Try to avoid stair climbing.
Also consider for physiotherapy exercises guided by physios for better results if the pain persists.
I have been suffering from my knee joint pain from past six months tired of going to hospitals and looking for remedies, please suggest me any remedy.
Joint pain problems in knees, backpain, am suffering from diabetes from last three month's, also from hypertension Please tell.
Concentrated pain in the neck can be especially tormenting. Before you look for a cure for this pain and start treating it, it is important that you try and find out the underlying cause behind it as well. Contacting a physiotherapist in time will allow you not only to avoid any and every side effect posed by neck pain, but also assist you to get good riddance from it.
Causes of Neck Pain:
There can be multiple causes of neck pain. The treatment of the same depends wholly on the factor that is causing the pain. Some of these causes of neck pain include
- Misaligned hips
- Misaligned Spine
- Misaligned shoulders
- A constantly forward-tilted head
- Lack of movement of the head from one specific position
- Tensing up of the muscles in the upper back
- Tensing up of the muscles in the neck region, etc
- It is all these factors and a few more that end up resulting in stiffening of muscles in and around the neck and causing you intermediate to unbearable pain
Exercises for neck pain:
Neck exercises are a predominant part of the treatment extended by every physiotherapist, to cure neck pain. Some of the most vital and effective exercises for neck pain are listed below.
- Frog: Funny as it way sounds, the frog is one of the best exercises when it comes to treating neck pain. All you have to do is lie down on the floor with your knees apart, your feet joined, your hands laid upward on the floor at a 45-degree angle to your body and just stay there in that position for two minutes. This will force your back to arch naturally, slowly giving some relief to your neck.
- Sitting floor: Try sitting floor for neck pain. All you have to do is sit straight with your back rested on a wall, with your legs laid straight forward. Bring together your shoulder blades and bend to help them meet your knees while curling the toes outward to optimal. Stay in this position for a good 3 minutes, without bending the legs.
- Static wall: Lie down on the floor with your bottom against a wall and your legs up it. You can always scoot back a bit if there is the slightest of discomfort. The aim here is to help the tail bone lie comfortably on the floor. Tighten your thigh muscles but curling your toes outward and pointing your feet straight out from its previous position. Maintain this position for 3 minutes for maximum effect.
- Static back: The static back is the most common and most helpful exercise for neck pain. All you got to do is lie down on the floor, while placing your legs on an elevated surface, such as an ottoman or a chair at a 45-degree angle to your body. Now put your arms at an angle of 45 degrees to your body as well, only sideways on your shoulder. Follow this position by lifting your palms and staying in that position for five to ten minutes.
All these exercises are aimed to positively influence one muscle or the other in and around the neck region and to help you get rid of that pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!