Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gopal Goyal
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Gopal GoyalYour feedback matters!
Hi, I was diagnosed with a generative osteoarthritis based on x-rays on my knees. Can I take glucosamine sulfate? And what is the dosage. I am 60 years old, male. Thank you very much.
After Reunion of the colles fracture. I got cyst in elbow. Weather it is dangerous or not. Please give reply.
My hip dhs is done on 25 March and now physiotherapy is going on but from past 2 days suddenly I got severe pulling pain in the lower back, do not know what can it be and how it started. How to know this?
Hello, I was playing cricket in last 2-3 weekends. I got minor right shoulder pain ,that pain comes down in between of my chest. I am having minor bone or joint pain and feeling weak too. I am worried that I am not in arrest of any cardiac disease. I did my whole body test. My Ldl in report is 126 Vldl is 30.4 tc/ hdl 4.7 And also increase Eosinophil 6.9 and sgpt in liver is 46. I have a diabetics came from father and my obesity .i was taking euglim 1 mg half tablet a day as suggested by doctor till last 6 months .no medicine as I have started diet plan.
Tennis elbow is a condition which is characterized by the inflammation of the tendons occurring in the elbow region due to excess use of the muscle groups present in the overarm. Tennis elbow can cause a lot of distress once it occurs so it is best to perform certain exercises to strengthen the muscle groups in your overarm so that muscle strain does not occur during your physical activities. Read on more to find about all the different ways to strengthen your muscle groups to prevent tennis elbow.
1. Staying in good physical shape overall tones your body and strengthens your muscle groups, thus reducing the likelihood of tennis elbow.
2. It is also important that the physical activities which are performed by you are done using proper technique as otherwise undue strain might cause unnecessary discomfort and pain.
3. You should try strengthening the muscles in your shoulder, arm and upper back to reduce the stress your elbow undergoes during physical activity.
4. Using a counterforce brace for activities which include twisting or grasping of the arm can also help. The use of a counterforce brace is to distribute the pressure throughout the arm which reduces the stress on the elbow. The brace is highly recommended for people who are likely to develop tennis elbow. One should consult a doctor before opting for a counter brace. However, it is not a substitute for rehab exercises.
If repeated arm movements or certain physical activities are causing discomfort or pain in the elbow region, check for alternative ways of performing the task. If you have taken up tennis, cricket or golf as a sport, it is highly recommended that you take proper lessons in technique as these sports involve twisting and grasping your arm which can cause injuries if you do not follow proper techniques. Also keep in mind to choose sports equipments which are at par with your physical fitness, flexibility and strength.
In daily activities, take a note of the activities which involve putting stress on your elbows. In such instances follow techniques or different ways to perform the tasks which will put minimum stress or pressure on your elbows.
Having pain in hip reason and lower back from last 9 months. MRI reports says bilateral asymmetrical sacroiliitis and Hla-b27 positive. rheumatoid FACTOR 14.8 Consulted a doctor he says that I have ankylosing spondylitis and taking medicine sulfasalazine 1 gram twice a day.
Pain in knee joint. When I sit folding the leg and when I stand after this position I feel lots of pain in my knee joint please advice me.
Muscle strain or muscle pull is a condition, which is characterized by damage to the muscles or its adjoining tendons. Undue pressure can be exerted on the muscle when you are carrying out routine activities such as sudden lifting of heavy things or playing contact sports. The damage to the muscle is usually in the form of partial or complete tearing of the tendons and fibres attached to the muscles. The small blood vessels in the muscles can also be damaged by the tearing of the muscles, leading to local bleeding and bruising.
The symptoms of muscle pain are:
- You will experience pain even while resting
- There will be bruising, swelling and redness around the affected area
- You will experience weakness of the muscles and tendons
- The movement and mobility of the muscle will be impaired
- You will experience pain when you use the affected muscles
The causes of a muscle strain are:
- Playing contact sports can lead to injuries
- Lifting heavy things
- Exercising without a proper warm up routine
- Lifting extremely heavy weights during exercise without proper acclimatization
- Sleeping on one side only for a long period of time
- Not stretching properly
- Falling from a height
The treatments for muscle strains are:
- Pain medications: You can opt for pain relieving medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications to help combat the associated pain of a muscle strain.
- Rice: Rice stands for rest, ice, compression and elevation. This treatment is usually the first step after suffering a strain, before opting for medications. This treatment prevents further aggravation of the problem.
- Compress: You can alternate between hot and cold compress to reduce the swelling and pain.
- Stretches: Once the affected area has healed, it is important for you stretch the muscles to improve their mobility and strength. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.