Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GirishYour feedback matters!
My daughter is about 6 years old. She have hearing problem, as per bera test doctors says that the problem will be cleared as her age grown up. But I feel that her hearing ability is constantly getting down. Please give some suggestion. If you want to see beta test report please help.
Meri 1 year 6 month old baby h. Usko loose motion ho rhe h. Or latrine me khoon aa ra h. Khoon kyu aa ra h? Or vo bahut kmjor ho gya h please give solution.
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.
My 2 months baby's body getting sometimes hot and sometimes normal. Don't know why past 3 days it's happening.
My 1.5 year old kid is not keeping well from last 4 days. She is vomiting. Not eating anything except mother feed. Have initially been giving ondem but from last two days Emiset, Oflox 50, and Bifilac. Frequency of vomit has reduced but she remains uncomfortable entire day. Keep crying. I am unable to sooth her. Does she have some major stomach infection? Should I get her some tests done? Yesterday she was continuously crying for 2-3 hrs. Gave her colicaid too thinking she might have stomachache. Pls help me know what should I do. Thanks.
Baby bottle syndrome is a decay that affects the milk teeth in children who fall asleep with a bottle containing sugary drinks. Prolonged contact between the liquid and the surface of the teeth promotes the destruction of tooth enamel.
Causes and symptoms
The symptoms of baby bottle tooth decay are discoloration of the tooth (enamel), with the formation of yellow or black spots on the surface.
When a child falls asleep with a bottle containing sugary liquids such as milk, fruit juice, sugar water, or with a pacifier dipped in honey or syrup - bacteria present in the mouth, (streptococcus mutans to be precise) transform the sugar into lactic acid.
Normally, the saliva helps to neutralize this acidity, but its production declines during sleep. Thus, teeth are subjected to acid attacks that promote the formation of cavities. As milk teeth are weaker than permanent teeth, decay can be quick with enamel getting hit first, then dentin and finally the pulp in the centre of the tooth.
At this stage, the infection can spread rapidly to other teeth, causing significant pain when the dental abscess formation often requires removal of the damaged teeth.
To avoid it, the first thing to do of course is to stop giving your child a sweetened drink at night or when putting the child for a nap. You should also brush your baby's milk teeth twice a day, especially at bedtime with a cotton swab and water and in a year - with a toothbrush and toothpaste.
In case, the teeth are already decayed or you have doubts about it (staining of the tooth that becomes pink or white can be the harbinger of decay), consult a paediatric dentist immediately. Decayed milk teeth may lead to deformation of the permanent teeth if not attended to immediately.