Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. GhoshYour feedback matters!
I am 28 year old male having knee pain at times and I feel my knee got weak. I am regular jogger and I do play football at times. How to strengthen my knee?
I am 39 year old guy, I can walk 3 km on flat surface, but I get knee pain during climbing stairs. I get pain on both of my knees.
I am 68 years male. For last 4 years (as per m. R. I report---- having problem in lumber spine-- bulge disc annular tear in l-4 & l-5 (arthopathy between l-5 & s-1) feeling serevre burning sensation in legs down to feet while sitting on cushioned seats, even during night while sleeping). Now having developed arthritis stiffness in joints, arms knees etc. No treatment including pysiotherapy, allopathy, homeopathy could prove effective. Please suggest effective sure cure, to get my disease cured,
Osteoporosis is a condition where the bones become progressively thin and weak and bone density decreases.Decreased Bone density weakens the bones, making them more porous and unfit for the weight bearing and postural functions. The bones brcome brittle and prone to fracture. As there are no warning signs, it frequently goes undiagnosed until the fracture occurs.
LIFESTYLE FACTORS THAT AFFECT BONE HEALTH :
• Not getting enough Calcium and Vitamin D.
• Non exposure to sunlight – Natural source of vitamin D.
• Losing weight in an unscientific way
• Not eating enough Fruits and vegetables.
• Getting too much Protein , sodium and caffeine.
• Having an Inactive lifestyle.
• Smoking –the calcium stealer.
• Alcohol- another calcium stealer.
• Use of certain medications.
Joints are intersections between bones; they provide support to your body during movement. There are a host of conditions which might lead to joint pain; they are bursitis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout. The most common joint pain disorders are knee pain, hip pain and shoulder pain.
Ayurveda associates joint pain with loss of bone density in the joints. This problem is characterized by a feeling of discomfort and cracking sounds. If the condition is not treated, it might lead to immobilization of the joint. The condition of the bones tends to deteriorate as they do not receive enough nutrition.
The other cause that leads to joint pain is toxin accumulation in the joints. As the toxin accumulates, it leads to heavy and stiff joints. If preventive measures are not taken on time, continuous accumulation of toxins may lead to swollen joints.
The various Ayurvedic remedies for joint pain are:
- Diet: Focus on eating foods especially that are salty, sour and sweet in taste. Add healthy foods such as rye and quinoa along with ghee as they pacify the "vata" in your body. Focus on natural foods such as vegetables and fruits to your diet.
- Herbs: Certain herbs such as turmeric help to treat joint pain. It contains curcumin that has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the pain. You may also consume fenugreek seeds for its antioxidant content and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Lifestyle Changes: Make sure you exercise on a daily basis, do basic bodyweight exercises such as push-ups and squats to improve your strength. You may also start with yoga workouts to build flexibility and mobility in your body.
- Smoking and Alcohol: Limit smoking and alcohol consumption to keep your body healthy, and free from free radical damage. Alcohol may also cause you to put on weight, thus leading to obesity. Smoking may cause various problems in the lungs that may lead to breathing disorders.