Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeetuYour feedback matters!
In today's hectic and stressful time, where both men and women have their own priorities physical intimacy has taken a back seat. Most men complain that women are sexually passive because they do not initiate sex more often and that makes them question their own sexual viability. In reality, women want sex as much as men do, but it takes a right man and right situations to get her in the mood for it. The sole reason for it is unlike men; women's sexual desire is unpredictable and depends on their level of intimacy with their men.
The following are some of the tips that can help you to set the tone to get her into the right mood:
1. Get her out of her head: The most prominent factors that hinder women from enjoying sex to the fullest is stress and insecurities. The more capable you are to make her feel attractive and comfortable in her own skin, the more she will feel confident around you to open up both emotionally and sexually. Once her insecurities subside, you can get her in mood with ease.
2. Give her genuine compliments: Women are good at differentiating genuine compliments from tasteless ones. Make sure that you compliment her genuinely on her inner beauty rather than her outer appearance. Most of the time women are skeptical of the things that men tell them. It is a defense mechanism of women to protect themselves against manipulative and emotionally unavailable men. The more you express your true feelings for her the more she will feel connected to you and will respond positively to your sexual approach.
3. Prolong the foreplay: The longer you invest your time in foreplay, the easier it will be for you to get her in mood. Pay proper attention to her face, neck, shoulder and lips. Some erotic massage techniques may prove handy in the foreplay. Make sure you make ample of eye contact during the entire process.
4. Be gentle in your caresses: Most women do not prefer rough actions prior to engaging in sexual activities. Women crave soft and sensual touches on their body. Caress your way to her erotic zones with slow and prolonged touches that make her crave for you more. Gentle touches will arouse her and get her in the mood.
5. Pay attention to her like and dislikes: ask her about her sexual likes and dislikes, such intimate confessions are known to arouse her sexually. Use her likes to your advantage. You will be surprised how quickly she will get aroused with your considerate approach. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello doctor I get itching in vagina nd open vulva. Y it is there. Wht to do. please suggest me some remedies. Its itching me. please help me.
Strokec2 hi I am 16. My boyfriend is almost 18 and yesterday at about 10am we had unprotected sex and he ejeculated inside me. This is my first time and I never experienced sex before. My period was on late april and during may, I haven't had my period yet. Yesterday when I came back home I took 2 capsules of vitamin c and this morning I took 2 capsule of vitamin c and ate a piece of unripe papaya. Becuz internet said it would help not to have baby. I'm still worried so today at 11: 15am I took ipill. But then the internet said it only work with women age 25-45 and i'm 16 but I did took it 25hours after intercourse. Will I still have a chance to be pregnant? I really want your help. What should I do more? will I have period soon?
I am 29years old. I have been married for 4yrs. I had a miscarriage on 23rd of april, 2015. As my lmp I was 9weeks pregnant. On my 8week I had my first ultasound and my ultrasound showed it there was only a 4weeks 3days gestational sac. No yolk or fetal pole was seen. After that I had my second ultasound on the day I lost my baby. The result was the same as my first ultasound. No development at all. It was not an ectopic pregnancy. I was very scared. And I am worried about my future pregnancy. When will I be pregnant again?
My wife age 23 recently test blood report hemoglobin 11.6 d/gl hematocrit 36.3% White Blood cell count 7.8 thou/ Segmented neutrophil 40% eosinophil 10% Lymphocytes 47% monocyte 03% basophil 00% sedimentation Rate (ESR) 35 mm please tell me what can I do it is arthritis.
Dear Dr. My monthly period is delayed by almost 20 days and still not yet. Till last month it was regular but this month it is missed and 20 days passed. I am using copper-T from past 2 years and having thyroid which is in normal only. 2 times have done the pregnancy check last week and this week in the morning only but Negative. Kindly suggest to get my period regularly Thank you.
Hello sir, My mothers age is above 50 years. She was fit and fine until recently in last one year she has lost quite a kilos of weight. She is not suffering from any disease. I just want to know any good multivitamins for her, that can fill her necessary vitamin gap.
I am 40 years old man married just now. I want to do anal sex without condom with my wife. What precautions I should take? Explain me in details.
What is Obesity and how to confirm that?
The most often asked questions in this context are- what is a normal acceptable weight, when does one get labelled as overweight and what is the definition of obesity? Another important question we often get asked is- what’s the difference between being overweight and obese?
In very simple terms, what a physician evaluates to check for obesity in a person is a simple index known as “body mass Index” or BMI. BMI can be calculated by simply dividing the person’s body weight in Kg by the square of person’s height measured in meters. BMI is measured as Kg/m2. Following are broad guidelines for detection of obesity-
1. BMI of < 18.5 indicates that the person is underweight
2. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 indicates that the person has got normal weight
3. BMI between 25 and 29.9 indicates that the person is overweight
4. BMI of > 30 indicates obesity
How does Obesity affect fertility?
Excessive body weight in women causes multiple hormonal imbalances, which can result in irregular menstruation and reduced frequency of ovulation, thus leading to infertility. Also, the outcome of Infertility treatment in obese women is poorer than in their normal weight counterparts. Obesity also increases the chances of pregnancy related complications such as miscarriage, pregnancy induced hypertension and gestational diabetes and hence increases the requirement offers cesarean delivery. And not to forget that the labor is that much harder and prolonged for obese women.
Obese males also suffer from reduced fertility as they tend to have lower level of testosterone, which suppresses sperm production. Obesity can also case erectile dysfunction in men, which can result in reduced fertility.
What can you do?
Here are five easy weight management tips to help you realize your dream of having a child-
1. Watch your meals- take a healthy diet and avoid excess carbohydrates and fat
2. Watch your beverages- drink adequate quantity of water, avoid soft drinks as they contain empty calories and refrain from alcohol
3. Stop smoking and keep in mind that there is nothing like occasional/ moderate smoking
4. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle- short sessions of brisk walking, swimming, jogging or skipping are good means to keep one active and healthy
5. Avoid stress and practice Yoga/ meditation or other stress buster techniques that suit you
If you want to know more or seek an expert opinion, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
My 2 upt test are negative. When to take blood pregnancy test? Is blood pregnancy test better than upt? A year back when I had pregnancy the upt test give the result in positive after a month. Can it be possible again?
I am having lot of itching and irritation in my left side of vagina and it has been 5-6 months I also have left ovary cyst is this irritation and itching because of cyst?
Just wanted to know is it a good idea to have intercourse when a periods is missed for more than 4 days. Please reply. Am very much confused. If I had will periods come. We are interested in having baby.
‘Probiotic’ is one of the most popular word in health food industry today. The health food and grocery stores today are full of options on probiotic food and drinks. The literal meaning of probiotic is ‘for life’. Probiotics in scientific terms are microorganisms who provide enormous health benefits when consumed. In normal terms, they are friendly bacteria needed for our body to maintain a healthy gut.
Yogurt is one such super healthy food made by adding friendly bacteria to the milk. Doctors recommend eating a bowl of yogurt (400 gms) every day. Being a dairy product, Yogurt is not only packed with Calcium and Protein, it is also a powerhouse of vitamins and minerals like vitamin A, B2, B12, Riboflavin, Potassium, Phosphorous and Magnesium.
Let’s now look at some well researched health benefits of yogurt:
Yoghurt is effective in the prevention of Osteoporosis. This calcium rich food serves great benefits when fortified with Vitamin D. Look for yogurt with a boost of vitamin D as consumption of Calcium and vitamin D on a regular basis can aid in the prevention of Osteoporosis.
Many of us need to consume antibiotics in sickness to eliminate the infection. However, antibiotics not only kill disease causing, but good bacteria as well. Thus, it is very beneficial to consume yogurt especially when on antibiotics to help our body replenish lost nutrients and good bacteria.
Yogurt has now emerged as a beauty ingredient. A lot has been said about yogurt and weight management as well as its skin care benefits. A lot of beauty products now boost of yogurt goodness. Eat Yogurt and apply a yogurt mask for a spotless glowing skin!
Yogurt can leave you feeling full for long as it has high-quality protein. Thus, it can be a great snacking option. These days, yogurt occupy a big place in the food industry. We have many options over the counter from frozen yogurt, sweetened or flavored ones, smoothies to thick Greek yogurts. Though they are all great options to have, it is important to go for trusted brands and read the ingredients before you buy. Nutritionists, however, recommend fresh homemade yogurt over the ready-made ones to reap their maximum benefits.
There are many ways to add variety to your yogurt bowl every day. Whip it up with some fresh fruits; add ground flax seeds or nuts for a boost of Omega-3. Blend it with some natural honey and muesli for a perfect healthy smoothie.
Say cheers to good health with a bowl of yogurt every day! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
The top 5 reasons to eat broccoli are:
1) A high intake of broccoli has been found to reduce the risk of aggressive prostate cancer and may also help prevent heart disease.
2) Averaging just four weekly servings of veggies like broccoli, cabbage, and cauliflower slashed the risk of dying from any disease by 26% among 6,100 people studied for 28 years.
3) Broccoli contains a flavonoid called kaempferol which has anti-inflammatory properties. This makes broccoli potentially useful in assisting with chronic inflammatory ailments, such as arthritis or gout.
4) This dark green veg also helps your body absorb vitamin D. This is due to broccoli’s high levels of of vitamins A and K, which both aid in the healthy absorption of vitamin D.
5) Broccoli may have a positive impact on our body's ability to naturally detox. This is possibly due to three phytonutrients found in unique combination in broccoli - glucoraphanin, gluconasturtiian, and glucobrassicin. This nutritional trio is able to support all steps in body's detox process, including neutralization and elimination of unwanted contaminants.
How to eat broccoli?
Broccoli is usually boiled or steamed but may be eaten raw and has become popular as a raw vegetable in hors d'œuvre trays.
As the benefits of broccoli are thought to greatly reduce if boiled, light steaming is a far healthier way of cooking it. Scientists have also discovered that steaming broccoli lightly releases the maximum amount of sulforaphane.
There are many reasons leading to infertility, but one of the main causes is the inability of the sperm to travel all the way up to the uterus to fertilize an egg. This is caused by defective sperms and could be due to poor sperm quality, poor motility, etc. There are multiple reasons for this, and even smoking, obesity, diabetes, hypertension, etc. could be reasons.
Many technical advancements in fertility treatments are being done, and they try to keep the natural process of fertilization intact, at the same time improving the chances of success. Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI, often used as a standalone term iksee) improves the rate of fertilization in that the sperm is directly injected into the egg. The environment of this artificial fertilization is completely controlled, and the fertilized egg is then placed into the womb for further growth. It is one of the recent methods of improving fertility, a part of ART (assisted reproductive technology).
Poor sperm perms motility
Semen where sperm concentration is low
Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
Poor sperm quality, with sluggish sperms
Ejaculation issues, such as retrograde ejaculation (semen is ejected into the bladder)
Useful in couples who have failed IVF.
What to expect?
The following outlines some of the steps for both male and female before and during the procedure.
Before the procedure - males:
First step is the sperm collection; a screening is first done
Sperms collection happens through either masturbation or directly from the testicles via a small incision
Sperms could be collected fresh or collected and frozen for later use
Before the procedure – women:
In the normal menstrual cycle, only a single egg is released. However, prior to ICSI, the woman is given ovulation drugs, which are high-dose hormone injections prior to ovulation. This ensures multiple eggs are released, which are then retrieved for fertilization in the external environment.
Blood and urine are monitored regularly to identify the ovulation time, and eggs are collected within 24 to 36 hours of release
During the procedure - How ICSI happens:
A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass tube, and a sperm is introduced to ensure fertilization
This could be repeated in multiple tubes, and the most healthy one could be chosen to be implanted into the uterus
Some of the fertilized ones could be frozen for later use, in case the implanted embryo fails to grow as expected
The success rate for this procedure is quite high as the fertilization rate is almost 80 - 85 %
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.