Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. GeetuYour feedback matters!
Ovaries are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. The primary function of ovaries include producing ‘ova’ or eggs and secreting hormones such as progesterone and estrogen. Cysts are fluid filled sacs that form the ovaries; they usually do not cause any symptom and are not painful.
There are primarily two types of ovarian cysts:
1. Follicle cysts: During a woman’s menstrual cycle, the egg develops in a sac known as the follicle. Under normal circumstances, the sac breaks open and releases the egg. When this doesn’t happen, fluids start accumulating in the follicle to form a cyst.
2. Corpus luteum cysts: Follicle sacs dissolve after releasing the egg, but in some cases, these sacs remain and the opening of the sacs gets sealed. It again results in fluid accumulation, leading to the formation of corpus luteum cysts.
Usually, cysts do not cause any symptom. If the size of the cysts increases, they may cause symptoms such as stomach pain, pain during bowel movements and sex as well as pelvic floor pain. The breasts may become tender and one may experience rapid breathing. Other symptoms of ovarian cysts are fever, nausea and dizziness. Usually, rupturing of a cyst leads to these symptoms surfacing; hence you would know when exactly to call the doctor.
The treatment options for ovarian cysts are:
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is carried out if the cysts are small in size. An incision is made close to the navel, through which an instrument is inserted to get rid of the cyst.
- Birth control pills: For chronic ovarian cysts, oral contraceptives are prescribed to stop the ovulation process in order to arrest the formation of cysts.
- Laparotomy: In case of large cysts, this procedure is recommended. A relatively bigger incision is made in the abdomen, through which the cyst is removed.
Ovarian cysts, if left untreated, can certainly cause infertility. Pre-menopausal women and who suffer from frequent hormonal imbalances in the body are the most vulnerable to this condition.
Respected sir my wife feel tired after do some work, I have two kids both are born by cesarean operations. Pls tell me what can I do.
I am 29 yrs old female. I feel I'm pregnant 10 weeks but still getting a negative urine teat. I have symptoms like gas, fluttering inside belly, mild cramping, heavy breasts and so on. I still have period like bleeding. Please suggest.
I am 22 years old married lady, I missed my period 12 days then me and my hubby met a gynacolagist and take pregnancy urine test and it comes negative. When I missed my period I feel back pain, vomiting tendency, bloating, gas trouble, weakness, hungry etc and now a days breast nipple pain also. Our gynaecologist said me to take susten 300 tablet with 7 days and and also give me some vitamin tablets. Now I complete susten 300 tablet and now I missed my period 22 days. And today I take a home pregnancy test it comes negative again. But the symptoms are felt always. What I do? am I pregnant?
Doctor, I am a newly married girl. During sex I do not arouse soon. I don't feel any pleasure. What should I do doctor?
I am a 23 year old female, about 3-4 months ago I got physical with my boyfriend, he had worn a condom and he did not enter me, later he was not near my vagina and he removed the condom and came totally outside my vagina area, however he had pre-cum when he was rubbing himself against my clit, and I have a problem of pcod, and I am on medication for it, I am also under lots of stress and tension and have irregular sleep. Can I be pregnant?
Rules for living:
• Do not smoke.
• Drink alcohol in only very small amounts or not at all.
• Keep to an ideal weight and waist size.
• Avoid saturated fats.
• Select preferably low-Glycemic Index foods.
• Have a low-salt diet.
• Be careful of excess CATS—Caffeine, Alcohol, Tobacco, Sugar.
• Take regular exercise.
• Practice relaxation.