Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Geetu
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GeetuYour feedback matters!
The term infertility in females explains a wide range of disorders but in order to simplify things, lets’ just say, infertility in women is a condition in which women are unable to conceive. There are numerous reasons that can be responsible for this situation and although some are preventable or curable, most others have no specific cure or treatment.
One of the most common reasons for infertility is an ovulatory disorder. Almost 30 percent of female infertility is caused due to this reason. 70 percent of such infertility is treatable with drugs such as Reprones/Menogan and Clomiphene. Here is a list of causes of failed ovulation-
Disruption in the complex hormonal balance.
Ovaries fail to produce mature eggs. Polycystic ovarian syndrome is the most common disorder causing this problem. This syndrome has reduced FSH production and increased production of LH, Oestrogen and Testosterone. Suppressed FSH production may cause the partial development of ovarian follicles.
Hypothalamus may malfunction thereby causing the pituitary to malfunction, thus losing control over the process or FSH and LH production.
Physical damage to the ovaries by multiple surgeries or due to the formation of cysts.
A rare case of premature menopause.
Problems of the follicle.
Poor functioning of fallopian tubes
Diseases or disorders in the tube have been another major reason of infertility in women. Almost 25 percent of women infertility occurs due to this reason. Although treatments exist, success rates of the treatments are as high as 30 percent. The causes of tube damage may be as follows-
Infection caused by bacteria or viruses
Previous pelvic or abdominal surgeries.
A condition called ectopic pregnancy which occurs in the tube, and even if very carefully but successfully overcome, may leave permanent damage.
Rare congenital defects in which women may be born with tube anomalies.
This is the condition where the endometrium expands excessively thereby preventing individuals from getting pregnant. This affects almost 10 percent of the population of infertile women. Almost 40 percent of women with endometriosis are infertile.
Other additional factors may include:
Behavioural factors like personal habits, lifestyle and health factors.
Cigarette smoking reduces the chances of conceiving by one-third.
Alcohol increases the chances of birth defects.
Ashwini 24 years unmarried I'm suffering from pcod since 8 years tried many treatments but no use I request you to suggest me a good treatment for my health issue Thankyou.
Can ecp (i pill) can stop getting pregnant while ovulation taken within 24 hours? How does it works? Drawbacks of it. Total doses to be taken. How soon take I pill 24 hours. My friend took I pill after intercourse having unprotected. Within 24 hours, is there any kind of risk getting pregnant?
Hello doctor's. I am 29 years old 2nd January 2017 did unprotected sexual intercourse couple of times with my boyfriend and 4th January 2017 take unwanted 72. 4th January 2017 did sexual intercourse with my husband but with condoms. My last period end 9th December 2016. Still not my period start. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
No matter what your desired weight goal may be, you should never starve yourself to lose weight. This slows down your metabolism and is counterproductive. Eating a balanced meal along with exercise is the best diet plan. However, there are some foods that should be avoided.
- Aerated drinks: Aerated drinks like sodas and soft drinks are equivalent to junk food. They do not offer any nutritional value and can lead to weight gain instead. Aerated drinks have a high sugar content that influences the blood sugar levels. Aerated drinks also often leave you feeling thirstier instead of hydrated.
- Processed foods: Processed foods should be avoided whether you are on a diet or not. They contain preservative and harmful chemicals that can harm the body. They also have a high sugar content and unhealthy fat content. Processed foods include chips, pasta, pizza, burgers, noodles and cookies that can easily be made at home using fresh, healthier ingredients.
- Added sugars: Simply eliminating sugar from your diet in the form of jams, sweets, breads and cakes can have a big impact on your weight. Added sugars do not include food that is rich in natural sugars like fruits. Manmade sugar has no nutrient value and is very high in calories. Brown sugar or honey is a much healthier alternative to processed sugar and can be used to replace it.
- Deep fried food: The healthiest of ingredients if cooked in an unhealthy manner can rid it of nutrients and pack on calories instead. Deep frying should be completely avoided if you are trying to lose weight. Deep frying makes food difficult to digest and leads to fat absorption. Instead, try grilling or steaming your food or eat it raw if possible.
- White flour: White flour can lead to high blood pressure, cholesterol and weight gain. Instead replace white flour with whole wheat flour or oats to make it healthier without interfering too much with the taste.
- Desserts: Most desserts fall into the category of food to be avoided as they are heavy on sugar content and made with white flour. Many desserts also use a lot of creams that can lead to cholesterol problems.
However, not all desserts fall into this category. Ice lollies are a viable alternative to ice creams while muffins and frosting free cupcakes made with whole wheat flour can be used to replace pastries and cakes. Chopped fresh fruits are the healthiest way to end a meal on a sweet note.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My date was 26th and since now it has not yet come, and my mom is that go and consult a doctor. Please tell what could be the reason?
I am 20 yrs old having. Hypothyroid. I am facing irregular periods and so much of hairfall. What shall I do to control this? please sugest me. I am going to depression day by day due to these hairfall problem. And shall I get pregnant? my tsh level is 1.4 nd my t4 is 10.4. Please suggest me.
When tissues that usually grow inside the uterus, start growing outside the organ, it is called endometriosis. Painful periods, pain during sex, pain while urinating or bowel movements, extreme bleeding, fatigue, infertility, diarrhea, bloating and nausea are some of the symptoms of endometriosis.
Treating endometriosis usually depends on the following factors
- Severity of symptoms
- Severity of the disease
- Future plans for children
Depending on these the doctor might opt for any of the following treatments
- Medication for Pain: If the symptoms are mild, then the doctor will prescribe some pain killers like Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is effective, but once you stop them, your symptoms may come back. Some of the hormone therapies include:
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Birth control pills, vaginal rings and patches are useful in controlling the hormones that are responsible for tissue build-up outside the uterine cavity.
- Medroxyprogesterone: This drug stops menstruation, which in turn stops the tissue build-up and put an end to all the symptoms. But on the other hand, gaining weight, low bone production and depression are some of the common effects of this drug.
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) antagonists and agonists: Hormones that stimulate ovaries are blocked by these. They bring down oestrogen levels and hence prevent menstruation.
- Danazol: This drug prevents menstruation and symptoms of endometriosis by blocking the hormones that stimulate the ovaries. However, Danazol may not be a favourable option because of its side effects. The drug should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Conservative Surgery: If you are trying to get pregnant, but you already suffer from endometriosis, then removing endometriosis surgically is a viable solution. Your uterus and ovaries will be preserved, which might increase your chances of becoming pregnant. Even suffering from severe pain might find relief from conservative surgery.
- Hysterectomy: In extreme cases, the only way to deal with the symptoms is to completely remove the uterus, ovaries and cervix. Since a hysterectomy means you cannot have children, it is kept as the last option for women in their reproductive age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.