Lybrate.com has top trusted Homeopaths from across India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Geetika ManchandaYour feedback matters!
It cannot really be a nice situation to be in when a person happens to have osteoarthritis. So, while a lot of the effort to improve the situation is focused on making use of painkilling medicines, can physiotherapy help in such cases?
Well, the answer is a resounding yes! When osteoarthritis patients practice some physiotherapy on a regular basis, what they will find is that a fair amount of the freedom they had before the condition affected them would have returned. Is this not some great news?
When it comes to active physiotherapy in order to improve a situation of osteoarthritis, it is generally divided to fall into categories. These categories are namely exercises in strengthening and exercises in flexibility. While the former group aims to make the joints stronger, the latter makes an effort to restore the normal functioning as a result of increasing the range of motion.
Truth be told, it can be said that both are of very high importance in order to cause an improvement. In addition to this, following the directions of the physiotherapist is vital, as an expert knows what hero she is talking about!
While a lot has been told about active physiotherapy, in order to fight osteoarthritis, what can be said of passive physiotherapy for the condition? There are three general categories of treatment under passive physiotherapy. They are heat therapy, cold therapy and hydrotherapy. The aim is to use the different sensations the three have so as to cause an improvement in the circulation of blood in the area or to reduce the extent of the pain and symptoms which are part and parcel of having osteoarthritis.
Cold therapy usually takes place by the way of a cold compress which is applied to the knee. What the aim is, in this case, is that the amount of swelling in the region will reduce and so, the pain that is being felt will also recede, to some extent.
On the other hand, in the case of heat therapy, improved blood flow helps decrease the amount of stiffness. Mobility is obviously an issue when it comes to having osteoarthritis and the best way to get mobile again is to do so in water where the impact is very minimal, as compared to other surfaces. This is why hydrotherapy exists and is so successful.
A lot of osteoarthritis exercises can be done at home after the proper technique is learnt and with such benefits, everyone would wish to learn!
How to lose weight. I am becoming fat day by day even I am controlling my diet. pleas give any suggestion regarding it.
Hello sir I am 17 years old I want yo know that, when I awoke yhan from that yime I suffering from cold why sor please give advice.
I am 33 year old male my weight is 85kg and I want to reduce my weight. I heard that free coffee bean extract will help in reducing weight ahts your opinion about that?
I am 25 years old and I am still underweight according to my height. I am suffering from early age of my life having underweight. What should I do or what kind of diet I have to eat?
Hiii doctor my name is vijay kumar and my age is 21 year old. My weight is 47 kg. What can I do for gain weight please tell me.
Hello Dr. I am Dr. Mukesh Yadav 25 year old .i have hair problem. My all hair become white within 1 year Face hair also .please suggest me real treatment . I really want good treatment.
Ayurveda offers a unique and holistic approach in treating acne. It is an Indian healing system, which aims at treating pimples and acne by managing its underlying causes. Toxicity build-up and impaired digestion are targeted according to the doshas identified in an individual by an Ayurvedic practitioner.
According to Ayurveda, the whole of the cosmos is made of 5 elements namely water, fire, air, earth and space. Doshas are aggregations of these elements and affect our well-being. If access to an Ayurvedic practitioner isn’t feasible, then try cutting down on junk food as they contain additives and preservatives. Eat foods which don’t have more than 4 ingredients.
Raw and unprocessed food is the best for digestion. Replace artificial skin care products with natural ones. Change your sheets and pillows regularly as they may have trace residues of acne causing organisms. Insecticides and disinfectants should be substituted for their natural counterparts, such as neem based cleaning agents.
Here are some Ayurvedic natural substances which work wonders for treating your acne:
- Tulsi: An amazing way to get rid of pimples is tulsi (basil) paste when used by you on a daily basis. If access to fresh basil is difficult, then get a jar of dried basil from your neighborhood departmental store and use it with warm water. Use about 3 teaspoons so that a smooth paste can be formed and apply it on your face for over 10 minutes up to 5 times a week.
- Lemon and Honey: A mix of lemon juice and honey is a simple, but effective homemade beauty remedy for the treatment of acne. Mix 1 tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Apply the mix on the pimples and on the spots caused by the pimples. However, do not apply on severe pimple outburst as it can cause a severe and intense burning sensation. Keep it on your face for about 10 minutes and then wash it off. You can continue doing this 7 times in a week. You will eventually find very satisfactory results.
- Cinnamon: Try dry roasting dalchini or cinnamon. Grind it finely and then make a creamy paste by adding honey to it. Apply this paste for a minimum of 5 times a week. Let its goodness soak into your skin and watch the benefits of the paste work its miracle!
- Neem: Neem leaves (Indian Lilac) are the perfect natural way of treating pimples. Turn it into a paste and apply it on the areas affected with pimples. If getting fresh neem isn’t feasible, try procuring some dried and bottled leaves instead and soak for about 15 minutes in hot water and use the same as a paste.
- Sesame: Turn sesame seeds into a paste by soaking them overnight. Then turn into a paste. You can also use powder, which is readily available. Keep the paste on for 15 minutes and wait for the magic to work.
- Potato: Potato juice or grated potato can be applied directly onto your pimples. Let the sticky potato juice sit on your face for over 10 minutes before washing it off. It lends a mild and natural bleaching glow to your skin. The same technique can be also tried with tomato juice.
- Mint: Soak a few mint leaves and turn it into a fresh paste , it will act as an astringent. Mint is also effective in making acne marks fade away if used regularly.