Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geetika GoelYour feedback matters!
I'm a 28 year old female. I had sex with my husband on 7th of this month. I was about to get my periods on 5th but I had a tablet to delay my periods as there was a special day on 7th. Now I haven't yet get my periods. Most importantly we had sex without any safety and only once he dropped his sperms into my vagina. Is there a chance of getting pregnant.
Hi I'm had a sex with my bf before 2 weeks ago nd we had a protect sex. The periods are not coming I thnk its my 33 day today. Before month wen have sex periods are came twice in one month distance 15 days. It happd to me b'coz of fasting. My menstrual cycle days are 26. So now I didn't getting periods why its happening to me so please solve my prblm doctor.
I want to have sex without condom for my honey moon so Please confirm if my wife want to take I-pill or not required to avoid pregnancy.
Hi I have pcod multiple cysts on ovaries. I have been using geocysts tablets & gycon syrup for past 50 days and its been 70 days that I got my last period. And I am also trying for pregnancy. Negative pregnancy test last week. My height is nearly 5. Weight 50. Age 26. My stomach is bloating and having on & off pains. Please suggest me. Im sooo confused wat to do. How can I get pregnancy soon?
Me and my girlfriend did sex on 18th July its our first time that's why I accidentally used expired condom and by mistake I roll it from wrong side but I unroll it and once again roll it from right side that's why for safety reason my girlfriend took the ipill in 6 Hour and her periods done also on timely means 31 July (after 26 Days from previous) but little much heavy from regular periods. Her next period done also on correct time (after 28 Days) but not much as regular periods is this ok or not and is there any chance of pregnancy?
My wife once pregnant and underwent d&c after that she didn't conceive yet will I need to undergo semen analysis?
Madam we are married in Feb 15 2014 before marriage my wife's menses are accurate after marriage in this one year 4 to 5 times menses skipped up to 7 to 10 days. From last two months we r consulting a doctor. Last my wife went for scanning in report " both overlies bulk in size and shows multiple small follicies. Arranged peripherally, no dominant follicle seen . Impression: polycystic ovarian syndrome : doctor prescribed M2-Tone syrup(charak), ginette 35. Plz suggest us to my wife pregenecy
Plz tell me of use of HCG injection of an present women. I am afraid because my wife is present and my friend says that, if your wife is pregnant then completely forgo the use the HCG. Dr. inject 3 injection in duration of 15-20 days.
I am 21 years old female, I missed my period 5 days before, pregnancy test is negative, what should I do.?
I am 22 year old. I became pregnant to at last 15 days I feel n I confirm but I don't want to be pregnant now anyway except abortion. What are the others way. Plzz give me prescribe and recommend to remove pregnancy? What should I do now.
Dr sahab, my wife is suffering from thyroid antibodies disease. Due to this disease,we are facing the problem of child growth during pregnancy. Child dead after 1 or 2 months in pregnancy. Please help and advice me
I am 32 years old female, weight 72 kgs, planning my 1st child. In 2010 I had an abortion, in the 22nd week of my pregnancy. I have normal MC & Ovulation too. I had thyroid 6.5 in feb so I am having thyronorm 25 mcg. Now my thyroid is 3.2, I am still continuing it. All other tests and reports of both my husband and myself are normal. I want to know what are the precautions, do's & don't for me. I prefer using indian style toilets, is it fine? Is bending, sitting down on the floor, running etc safe? It would be of great help id you can provide me the details.
If you are concerned about whether you should drink water right before and after a meal, you should know that there are different ideologies and beliefs. Many doctors suggest you should not drink water before a meal, in between a meal or after a meal. Some say that you should not have water before and after a meal, but you can have it in between. Hence, there is a lot of confusion over this subject. Here is an analysis, according to Ayurveda about why you should not drink water just before or after having a meal.
When to drink water?
According to many doctors and studies, it is recommended that you should not take water in between a meal. However, according to Ayurveda, you should drink water in between your mealtime, instead of having it before or after.
Drinking water before a meal
According to Ayurveda, water before taking a meal is capable of diluting and weakening of your digestive strength and capacity. This is because of the factor that water is a coolant and having it before a meal opposes your digestive strength. Thus, you should avoid having water right before you sit down for a meal.
Drinking water after a meal
Drinking water right after having a meal is considered to affect the quality of the food you intake, along with your digestive strength. A touch of its coolant effect is conveyed to whatever food you have consumed. This may make a person obese over a certain period of time. Therefore, you must not have water immediately after finishing a meal.
Drinking water in between a meal
This is the proper thing to do as per the principles of Ayurveda. Drinking water while you are having a meal helps in moistening the food you are eating. It helps in breaking down the food particles into small fragments. It also quenches your thirst in between a meal. Hence, drinking water in between a meal is considered ideal.
What to do in case you need to take a medicine before meals?
In case you have to take a prescribed medicine before a meal, you must drink water 20 minutes before the meal. Do not have a lot of water and only take the amount you need to gulp down your medicines.
There are counter views regarding this subject, which say that you should drink water right before, and after a meal, as it helps in digestion. Diabetic patients are adviced to take medicine of diabetes with the meal or just before having the meal.
I just have a doubt that, previously a doctor suggested me that, to have sex from 10 day of menstrual cycle till 20th day. After 20th day should we stop having sex or what please give me a clarification.
She age is 19 year and she got pregnant. She has a child in her womb of 2 month. She does not want to give birth to child. What she should do. Give years advice.
There are a few very common things that a man consumes or does every day without even realizing, that they have a tendency to reduce his fertility. These causes start from drinking and could end with something as harmless as caffeine.
Let's see which habits can cause reduction in sperm count thereby reducing fertility of a man.
- Eating processed meat harms sperm quality.
- Excessive usage of laptop can also lead to reduction in sperm count because of the heat that a laptop releases.
- Hormonal imbalance also causes low sperm production.
- If a man is underweight or overweight, this could also lead to less production of sperm. So, a man should watch his weight before thinking of extending his family.
- Exposure to too much heat for a prolonged time leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Regular smoking also leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Excessive stress also causes reduction in sperm count.
- Regular and continuous exposure to chemicals like xylene, painting material and metal like lead also leads to low sperm count.
- Chemicals present in sunscreen lotion can harm a man's sperm count so one should be alert while using a sunscreen lotion.
- Sex toys also cause infertility in men because of presence of phthalates in them.
- Regular intake of canned food can also contribute in low sperm count.
- Regular drinking habits reduce testosterone levels thereby reducing the quality and production of sperm.
- Excessive intake of canned food leads to intake of bisphenol A which lowers down the quality of the sperm.
- Excess intake of caffeine also leads to reduction in sperm count.
- Lack of exercise and laziness also reduces sperm count to a great extent.
Some of the above mentioned things can be unavoidable, but point here is that taking everything in moderate quantity doesn't do any harm but problem occurs when the intake is excessive, regular and beyond limit. So, it's better to reduce the quantity and regular use of such things than letting it affect your sperm count. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Spotting can be stated as a form of mild bleeding from the vagina. It is similar to a period, but it is much lighter and can occur in between your periods. Most women who are pregnant and are in their first trimester experience spotting. In fact, spotting is often seen as one of the early signs of pregnancy.
Spotting can happen because of any of the following reasons:
- Cysts in the uterus can cause spotting
- Though very rare, a thyroid problem can also lead to spotting
- Any infection in the cervix or uterine cancer can also cause spotting
- Lastly, hormonal imbalance can also cause spotting
What can spotting signify?
Spotting is completely normal and there is no need to be worried if it happens on account of any of the following reasons.
- Light spotting at the end of the bleeding period during the menstrual cycle is common.
- Spotting can also occur during ovulation; in fact, seeing some spots of blood when one is ovulating, is often considered as an excellent sign of fertility.
- Mild spotting can also develop after sex, especially if it is for the first time, owing to the hymen getting ruptured
- Mild spotting if one is on birth control pills is also normal.
When should you be worried?
- Spotting is an early sign of pregnancy and if you are not planning to conceive any time soon, then you must visit your gynaecologist.
- Spotting may also be a symptom of any STD, primarily Chlamydia or Gonorrhea.
- As spotting could also be indicative of cancer, it’s advisable to not delay and consult a gynaecologist immediately.