Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Geetanjali AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Hello doctors My baby in six month & we have started DAAL WATER. Request pls confirm whether we can add CURD in daily routine or guide what other diets which can add parallel to mother feed.
Hi my 3 months daughter has much khansi and sardi last 3 days yesterday I consulted a child doctor he prescribed me acudov and ambril khansi syrup but still there is no improvement on my child please help me how many days I have to wait for improvement?
Hi sir. My baby is 15 months old. He had a vaccine of typbar psv on 31 /1/16 from a good doctor in delhi And yesterday only I.e on 19th June one of the doctors in haryana applied him the 2nd doze. Of typbar psv and a doze of MMR 1$ ,he is having pain on his right leg and he vomited 2 times yesterday after eating some solid. He is having fever also.
My son is frequently getting cold with age 4 years. Tired of using medicines. Any natural remedies to avoid cold. Ghee ,fruits even not suit for him.
My son aged 3 years 6 months weighing 12.7 kg have had his first febrile seizure on friday with a temp of 102.8. We immediately rushed him to hospital and he was admitted for 2 days. Al his blood test came normal and doctor said that he had viral infection. So to prevent future seizures he prescribed gardenal 10 ml for 15 days. And later tab frisium 5 mg and nasal spray medacif. My question is since from the day he has come come home I find him active but trembling whenever I hold him to make him sleep he is always shivering. And when I ask him do you feel cold h says no. Like when I keep my hand on him I feel the vibration. Wveyone says that this cud be due to the weakness or cough syrup impact. Also his temp varies from 97 to 99 from past 3 days. He is suffering frm cough right after the discharge he is taking medicine as ascoril ls 5 ml thrice aday, gardenal 10 ml once night, multivitamin and avfer 2.5 ml twice a days. We are really tensed and stay in remote area near rewari. Please let us know if we are getting the right dose and do we need to take him again to doctor for chkup. He otherwise has become very hyperactive and does not even rest.
My child have undescen testicles problem which we came to known recently. His age is 5 and weight is 24 kgs. Am fear of surgery. Any solution in homeopathy for this.
My grand daughter who is just 6 months' old is having problems in sleeping she sleeps only 5-6 hours a day and is constantly troubling her mom to continuously feed. How to manage this? what type of solid we can start?
lymphadenitis near neck of baby is becoming big day by day .now baby is in 4th month .what to do please help me with your suggestions.
My Son is one year old . Facing cold & cough again & again also what should I feed him bcz he not wants to eat cerelac , dal etc. What should I give me ?
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs.
Hi I have 10 days old baby. And my wife says that He has a gilti on the super side of head. What is the issue for it.
Usually mothers often feel insecure about their milk production amount and they often feel that their babies aren't getting enough milk, which results in switching to formula feeds, which is not good for their babies in the long run.
This post will help the willing mothers to feed their babies and help as confidence building measure.
1. Milk production gets boosted when mother keep their babies close to body. It provide warmth, bonding, ease tension, etc
2. Proper positioning of baby while feeding is important. You can watch YouTube videos on breastfeeding positions, like CRADLE, CROSS CRADLE, FOOTBALL positions etc.
3. Breastfeeding is a painless procedure,if you are feeling pain,something is wrong.Getting sore nipple,crack nipple are findings of improper attachment.
4. Feed the baby for atleast 20min, it helps baby getting foremilk(watery part of milk) which quench thirst as well as hind milk(thick part of milk) which provides satiety.
5. If baby sleeps while feeding,wake her up by gentle stroking in feet, completely empty your breast otherwise the baby becomes cranky,pass frequent small quantity stools with improper weight gain
6. Passage of urine more than 8 times per day,good sleep in between feeds and proet weight gain are good sign of successful breast feeding.
7. Dont get biased based on advertisement of formula feed in media. They aren't superior to breastmilk in any ways.Breastmilk provide protection against asthma, allergies, blood pressure, heart diseases etc
I have a 6 years old daughter. She is suffering from dry skin problem on birth itself. Doctor told, we could not cure this one. Just apply moisturizing cream continuously. If there is any possible to cure.
Although the cause of over 60% of birth defects are not known, there are things that you can do to help ensure optimal health for your baby.
There are a number of things you can do to increase the probability of having a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Some are more challenging than others because they may require that you break bad habits, but it is worth your effort.
Here are a variety of tips you can use to prevent birth defects as you contemplate starting or adding to your family:
- The first and foremost tip is maintaining preconception health; eating well balanced and nutritional meals, and taking a multivitamin daily that includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid.
- If you are sexually active and pregnancy is a possibility, make sure you take a multivitamin daily, which includes the recommended 400 mcg of folic acid and other essential B vitamins.
- Avoid all activities that could potentially lead to birth defects, including alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs, and caffeine.
- Seek an annual gynecological and wellness exam.
- Obtain genetic counseling and birth defect screening, particularly if you have any family history of birth defects or if you are 35 years of age or older. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.