Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Geetanjali AggarwalYour feedback matters!
Dear sir my son age 5 years suffering from nephrotic syndrom from last 2. 5 year what is actual complete treatment ?
Is it a wise decision to do operation for tonsillitis in the age of five.Or any other alternate is there?
I'm a breast feeding mom all of suddenly I got fever and cold, doc suggested not to feed baby until I get cured, but unfortunately the milk left over in my breast is paining a lot pls give me Solution urgent I can't handle this pain.
How safe is loperamide for 2.5 years old toddler. My son had successful surgery for hirschsprung disease at 6 months of age. Bt the food transit is on the higher side. Are there any bowel management programs which can help/medication.
My younger son his age is one and half year and he is suffering from the problem of stool at the time of stooling he suffers more pain and stool is so hard and tight. So please tell any thing else.
My son is 15 months old. He has got 3-4 teeth. and few are about to come. When is a good time to start with brushing? Also he still isn't standing or walking on his own. But he does stand up holding sofa, chair n also walks holding them. A few doc said its OK up to 18 months. So should we wait for few months or see a physio? As 3-4 docs v consulted said a strict NO for walker.
My male baby Age is 17 months old. His last two month the health is poor viral fever submit in body due to changing in weather so how can I build his immune system what type of necessary supplement I give to him or follow food chart please give me the solution.
Sir my daughter is 1 years 5 month old. Yesterday she was suffering from loose motion, vomit. What should i do?
There are few things I hear over and over again from students:
- How they are studying for so many in a day
- How they do not have even time for anything else in their life due to study pressure
- How they are sleep deprived
- How much they are stressed
- And finally, after all the sacrifices and hard work, their exam performance is not what they expect.
Here are few tips to study smart, improve your grades and yet have a life!
We all know that 2 hours of focused study will be much more productive than 4 hours of distracted study. And, the good news is that concentration is a mental skill that you can develop and improve. There are two ways to improve your concentration:
A. First, work on raising your brain's natural ability to concentrate or in other words, learn to increase your attention span.
B. Second, adjust the environment around you to make concentrating easier.
Improving your concentration takes a little time and effort, but it is worth it. In my personal experience with students, I have seen noticeable improvement in relatively short time.
A. Ideas for daily concentration boosting habits include
- Mindfulness meditation: Many studies confirm that 20 minutes of meditation or more per day improves concentration and attention span. Mindfulness meditation, where one focuses on one's breathing, is one of the simplest way of meditation. Start with ten minutes in the morning and ten minutes before bed. To begin with you may try a guided meditation. One can easily find audios for guided meditation online.
- Proper sleep: I am sorry to say this. Pulling all nighters will not help with your grade. Unless you are getting sufficient restful sleep, you are not going to be as mentally focused as you could be to study as well as answer questions in exams.
- Food for your Brain: The more you use certain skills, the more they are reinforced in the brain. So it makes sense that playing concentration games and games that require you to focus will improve your concentration ability. You need to be consistent in this. Play for about 10 to 20 minutes each day. Have fun, and get the benefits but remember not to spend more than 20 minutes a day. Your goal is to improve your concentration and not just keep scoring higher in the game! Try Lumosity and use only free version this will help you restrict your daily play time to 20 minutes and have maximum benefit.
- Eat healthier: Your brain needs the proper nutrients to allow you to focus. Eat more vegetables and fruits and avoid consumption of junk food as much as possible. Instead you could keep some nuts such as walnuts, almond or peanuts as in between munches. Lot of research has now proven that sugar is very harmful for our health. Reduce sugar and refined white flour in your diet as much as you could.
- Exercise: It is helpful in both reducing stress and increasing energy and focus. At least 20 minutes a day would go a long way. Going for a short jog of 20 minutes will make next 4 to 5 hours of study very efficient.
B. Optimize your mental state & environment
In addition to building the habits described above into your daily routine; also adjust your environment and your current mental state to improve your concentration when studying.
- Create a study space: Your brain loves routine. Create a place where all you do is study. An obvious choice is a secluded desk of some kind, but the trick is to make sure you only study in that spot. Studying in bed is a bad habit, for example, because your body is trained to want to sleep once you get into bed.
- Remove distractions: Turn off the ringer on your phone and take other steps to prevent interruptions. Don't study with the television on or with radio playing. Some studies have shown that soft instrumental music (no vocals) can help improve your concentration.
- Reduce background noises: If you have to study or work in an environment where it is too loud (classroom or open space) or too quiet (such as at home or at a library) you can get easily distracted by outside influences. With the right amount of background noise you can actually block out distractions and enhance your creative thinking.
- Use timer: Set a time limit when you need to study new material. For example, let's say you want to read one chapter in a book (and remember it). Decide in advance that you can have 45 minutes to read the chapter, and 15 minutes to review it. Set a timer to keep yourself honest, then pace yourself to keep within the allotted time.
- Stay motivated: If you see studying as burden, it's hard to concentrate. One way to stay motivated is to set up a reward system. Tell yourself you have to earn that hour of watching your favorite show later in the evening by first completing 2-3 hours of intense studying. That way, even if the material is dry, you have the reward to look forward to.
- Take breaks: Take a break every two hours. You mental energy will begin to decline after a long period of study. So every two hours or so, take a ten minute break. Walk around, eat a light snack, or just stare at the wall to relax your mind.
Concentrating is the first step to learning anything new. It only makes sense that if you improve your concentration, your memory will improve also.
How an expert can help?
If you want to get individualized expert opinion about how you are studying currently and what ways you can improve; you can always consult the expert. Once he/she knows what your current study methods are, they will be able to give you specific tips to improve upon. Most likely once you incorporate those tips you will be spending less time studying and your grades will improve. That's what is studying smarter and not harder means!!
My baby is 22 months old. He was vit D deficient with >10 count. After 3 months we did the test and it showed sufficiency about 48.3. After 3 months we did another test it showed 43.9 even if we continued giving supplement (not booster. Then doctor told to stop giving supplements. Is there any chance for lowering vit d if we stopped giving supplement? Is he normal now? And his hb count is 10.3.
Sir, my cousin's child having a mute and deaf problem by birth. When I saw the doctor at my native (Brahmapur, odissa) he says the left hear have a hearing sensitivity of 70dbm and right 90dbm. Sir, is it treatable to talk& hear like normal persons.
Complementary feeding / weaning should be started after 150 days of life.
Its better to start home prepared semi solids first. If you are not confident in preparing food initially you can give cerelac rice / cerelac wheat/ nestum rice etc.
Add a new food item only after trial of 3 days. I mean don't give new food everyday. Wait for any intolerance to a particular food.
Fruit juices orange, apple can be prepared at home and can be given from 7 months.
Mashed potato can be given by 7-8 months.
Egg can be give by 8-9 months. Give egg yolk initially and the egg white later.
Hi, My 8 month old baby got fever yesterday I showed to pediatrician he told fever is spread it was 102 degree he told if It increase to 104 you should admit and he told this fever will be till 5 days so m fully sad today my baby fever is 100 degree once raising once reducing he gave two types of medicine per day two times macfast oral suspension then another is xyclave dry syrup. Please let me know how to cure my baby fast from fever.
Start early. Let your baby grow up cavity-free.