Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Geeta JainYour feedback matters!
Doctor I had physical relationship one time on 22sept. After 30hours later I have eat unwanted 72 pill. After I week 30th sept my period cycle is start stay on 1week. After 35days later again my period cycle is start and it stay 1week. But after 54days are no period between current date. So doctor am I Pregnant?
I was diagnosed with polycyctic ovarian syndrome 5 years ago. My periods are irregular. I had been taking meprate from 1 year now. Is this the permanent solution? or I need to do something else? wat should I do?
My last periods date was 23 mar, I have not got periods yet. Also I am getting a lumpy type small white granular discharge. Are there chances of pregnancy.
My mother wants to eat curry leaves daily empty stomach with lukewarm water. Is this okay or not. She have diabetes and blood pressure also?
Sir, when I am sucking my wife's breast milk is coming. Already we have children but they are above 10 years. What to do. Can I drink the milk. Please help me in regarding to.
My period misses very often. Sometime it crosses almost 2 months of time. But sometime it happened on time. I have low bp, low hemoglobin, low blood level in my body. Kindly suggest what to do? What diet I should maintain?
Hi doctor I am priyanka meena I am 24. Year old girl and I have irregular period time please suggest me Home remedies for regular period.
Had sex with bf but she is telling he didn't insert as her period is late they are doubting (jst had oral sex and bf rubbed precum on vagina. And tensed .What can be done?
The coconut plant is an extremely versatile plant. No part of it goes waste. The whole fruit is used from its succulent flesh to its water everything is utilized. Coconut is in fact filled with various nutrients. It has many health benefits. The coconut is now seen as a superfood.
The reasons behind so many health benefits of coconut have been laid down here:
- Consuming any coconut product leads to a positive effect on weight management. It speeds up metabolism and provides instant energy. Unlike other energy sources, coconut has fewer calories than other fats. In fact, it is most likely to burn up than being stored in the body as fat.
- Coconut has good fats. It contains medium chain fatty acids. Long chain fatty acids are responsible for high cholesterol. But medium chain fatty acids are not. Instead, they help to lower the chances of atherosclerosis and other heart diseases. Also among the coconut's several different properties, it contains lauric acid. Lauric acid is found in human breast milk.
- Carbohydrates are of two types, digestible (soluble) and non-digestible (insoluble). Soluble carbohydrates do not leave the body and get stored as fats. Insoluble carbohydrates do the opposite. Coconuts contain insoluble carbohydrates. As the body cannot digest the fibre, it cannot retain any calories and does not affect blood sugar levels.
- Since coconuts contain insoluble fibres, they do not raise glucose levels. Coconuts, thus have low glycaemic index.
- Sweet cravings are lessened and insulin secretion is improved. Blood sugar has better utilization. Coconut lowers any growth in blood sugar, thus reducing cravings.
- Coconut oil is beneficial to fight tooth decay. It fights the bacteria and the mouth bugs that give rise to dental caries.
- Brain disorders like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's and strokes can be prevented.
- It has no trans-fat
- It is gluten free. Also, the flour made from dried, powdered coconut flesh can even be used in baking!
- It is hypoallergenic
- Boosts immune system
- Coconut contains fatty acids that have antimicrobial properties. They kill bacteria, yeasts, fungi and viruses that cause diseases.
- Protects body from free radicals that lead to premature aging
- It is also good for your hair and skin
The knee is known as the largest and one of the most complex joints in the human body, and also one of the most vulnerable, as it supports the weight of the entire body. The knee joint is made up of several elements including the knee cap, meniscus, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, and muscles. Damage to any part of the knee can cause chronic pain. So how can you protect your knee from damage and injury? Take a look at these three points!
Dealing with Load: Weight is a big one. Carrying around extra pounds and kilograms can be detrimental for your knees in the long run. Your knee is not equipped to handle the excessive weight. It already supports three to five times your weight when you get up and walk around or indulge in some mild jogging. One must be careful of those extra pounds to take the load off the knee and keep it from falling prey to damage.
Exercise: Moderate to intense exercise is prescribed for one and all. This, of course, depends on one's overall health and age. If you are already suffering from joint pain, then you may want to go easy on the exercise with a focus on building muscle strength and foundation. If you are healthy, then some amount of daily exercise as a routine will keep those knees in prime working condition and well lubricated as well. Inactivity and a sedentary lifestyle can affect the knees very badly.
Do not Ignore: Warning signals such as chronic or acute knee pain should not be ignored. Remember to see a doctor or an orthopaedic specialist to find out if you have contracted an infection or if you may have suffered a fracture due to an injury. Also, it is important to take a bone density test regularly, especially after the age of 40 or for women going through menopause, as this will point to any deficiencies and even warn you in case there is any trace of osteoporosis.
Rest, exercise, and food should be kept in fine balance for a healthy body. These are a few measures that one can take to keep knee pain at bay. Yet, it is also advisable to speak with a doctor at length regarding measures to protect your knees. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I hv suffering poor health from last eight months. I hv often pain in my body , lot of urine in day time, itchy eyes and lot of discharge from nose, sneezes any time.in that case I can't sleep properly night and feel lazy day time. What should I do. I'm 35 years female.
I have delivered my baby through C-section. My baby has completed 5 months but yet I have not got my periods. I have not been in any relationship with my husband since the time my baby was born, hence there is no issue of pregnancy. I have been breast feeding aIso powdered milk is given. Is there any complications if I didn't get my periods? Also when can I expect my periods.
I got chicken pox infection from today? Suffering from mild fever. Pls clarify me some doubts 1) Is this disease dangerous for adults? 2) How many days the symptoms will continue 3) I heard I could not bath at the time of infection period is this true? 4) what kind of diet can I take this period?
Doc I am suffering from White discharge and I am taking a medicine completed bt its still not working on me what should I do. And I am become very weak and thin I don't want to have food n every time I head is spinning n felling restless and I wanted to be pregnant but my husband sperm is not working on me or because of my sickness its has been 1 years 6 month but still m not pregnant pls doc help to sleep my problem pls.
Hi, I would like to know which all tests are required for diagnosis of hormonal imbalance in females.
My periods are late. I want to come them because I do not want to get pregnant now. Any home remedies for this.
Im 22 year old and suffering with severe menstrual Cramps during my periods. Please suggest healthy diet and medications to reduce pain and to get rid of this problem.
After a normal delivery whether the vegina will be same as like before delivery. Please solve my doubt.
Bulimia Nervosa is an eating disorder which is marked by the tremendous compulsion to binge eat, and then adopt extreme measures to avoid putting on weight. It usually affects men and women of all ages. Bulimia Nervosa makes you extremely restless, when all you think about is how to undo the binge eating.
Signs that you are suffering from Bulimia
- You are unable to stop eating
- You consume food very secretively when nobody is around
- You eat till you almost feel sick
- You rarely eat normally; you either overeat, or you go on a fast
- You exercise vigorously after eating to burn off the calories
- You use a lot of laxatives, or enemas
- You try to vomit out the food you have consumed because you feel guilty
- You have a very poor image and perception about your own body.
- You have low self esteem, and you consider yourself to be worthless and unattractive
Physical signs of Bulimia Nervosa
- Scars on the knuckles or hands; from trying to run your finger down your throat to induce vomiting.
- Saggy and puffy cheeks
- Discolored teeth; from throwing up every time after you have binge eaten
- You experience very frequent fluctuations in weight
Risk factors with Bulimia Nervosa
Bulimia Nervosa is a very complex psychological issue, and the following factors tend to increase the risk of this disease:
- Gender - Women are more likely to suffer from bulimia than men.
- Age - Bulimia normally affects people in their late teens and early adulthood.
- Biology - Bulimia may also be linked genetically, with evidence that if you have close relatives with this disorder, you are more likely to suffer as well. Deficiency of the chemical serotonin in the brain might also play a leading role.
- Media and peer pressure - Media has this tendency to feature skinny models and this adversely affects the youth who tend to be guided by what the media projects.
- Sports or other artistic pressures - If you are an actor, or a dancer, there are higher chances of you suffering from Bulimia if you are encouraged to eat less and exercise a lot more to be in shape all the time.