Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurika AggarwalYour feedback matters!
She has pain near breasts. Normally she feels it in night. She is having a 10 months old baby and she feeds him. What should we do?
Hello actually doctor mari devrani 3 month sai period mai hoti hai. Wo pergrent hai abhi. Actuaally period time k 40 daybad us nai pregencey test kita then negative nikala but jab 30 days bad vapas kiya then wo pregent thi and sonography karane pe pata chala prefencey thi and us k time ka aayada laga ki wo kab pregent hue. Wo fisrt time test karne k bad pregent hue so I am asking yadi hum period k 15 days sex karte hi nahi hai and us k bad sex karne per agar hum pregent hote hai hai to time kahs sai calulate hoga.
I am 26 year old male. Recently I have done herpes test. The result wer as following HSV-igg (3.28) HSV-igm (0.43) HSV 1-igg (0.09) hsv1-igm (0.47) hsv2-igg (0.35) hsv2-igm-(0.39) As you can c hsv igg is high. This is elisa test. But I am not sure whether this is right since I have normal value for hsv 1 and hsv 2.Can you please tell your opinion on this.
I'm going to undergo d-lap for infertility as advised by doc after d-lap whether body conditions change? Can you explain how we feel after doing d-lap? Hw should v take car of us after d-lap. After d-lap is it easy to conceive.
After 4 days of sex I done in a day 1 time vomiting or next same thing happen so it is sign of pregnancy. Or tell me when the vomiting comes after sex.
Dilation and curettage is a surgical procedure where the cervix (the lower part of uterus) is dilated and tissues are removed from the inside of the uterus. The procedure is usually done to treat heavy menstrual bleeding or clean the lining of the uterus after an abortion or miscarriage.
During the procedure, the cervix is dilated with medication and a thin surgical instrument is inserted through the vagina. This instrument is then used to scrape (curettage) the uterine tissues.
Reasons for Conducting the Procedure
Dilation and curettage is mostly done to either treat or diagnose certain uterine disorders. Dilation and curettage is recommended if your doctor needs to diagnose conditions such as:
1. Irregular uterine bleeding
2. Postmenopausal bleeding
3. Discovery of unnatural endometrial cells while conducting a common test for cervical cancer
Sometimes, the doctor can take a sample tissue from the uterus and perform tests on it to check for the following conditions:
1. Uterine cancer
2. Uterine polyps (abnormal tissue growth)
3. Endometrial hyperplasia (precancerous thickening of the uterine lining)
Dilation and curettage, when used for therapeutic purposes, is used in the treatment of the following conditions:
1. To clear away molar pregnancy; which is characterized by formation of tumours.
2. To treat heavy bleeding after childbirth; any remaining placenta in the uterus is removed.
3. To remove benign uterine or cervical polyps.
4. To clear away fibroids (benign tumours which form on the uterine wall)
5. To remove any tissue that could have been left behind after an abortion or miscarriage to prevent heavy bleeding or infection
What needs to be considered before opting for it?
The procedure of dilation and curettage is mostly safe. Complications from this procedure are rare, but some factors should always be taken care off.
1. The surgical instrument can perforate or poke a hole in the uterus. Sometimes, perforations can heal on their own; but if any organ or blood vessel gets damaged, then another surgery will be required.
2. The cervix can be damaged during the procedure. The doctor can stitch the wound close, or apply pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding.
3. Sometimes, there might be scar tissues on the wall of the uterus. This can cause irregular, painful or absent menstrual cycles, augment risks of infertility and future miscarriages. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
There are many health benefits of donating blood which include good health, reducing the risk of cancer along with hemochromatosis. Moreover, blood donation is good for the normal functioning of pancreas and liver. With the blood donation, an individual can improve the cardiovascular health as well as reduce the risk of obesity.
Every day blood transfusions take place saving millions of life on earth. And the best part is that blood donation is good for the donor. It is crucial for the blood donation to take place in a medical facility under the supervision of experts. The donors must ensure that they are in optimum health conditions for avoiding any health issues after the transfusion is completed.
Benefits of donating blood:
There are numerous benefits of blood donation, and some of them include-
- Hemochromatosis: The health benefits of blood donation reduce the risk of developing hemochromatosis. It is a disorder which arises owing to excessive absorption of iron in the human body. This condition can be inherited through the genes or may also be triggered by uncontrolled alcoholism, chronic anaemia and other health problems. One should take part in blood donation on a regular basis for the reduction of iron overload.
- Anti cancer health benefits: Donating blood at regular intervals can also lower the risk of cancer. After donating blood, the iron stored in the body is maintained at healthy levels. The reduction in the iron concentrations in the body is also connected with reduced risk of cancer and thus helps keep cancer at bay.
- Good for liver and heart: Blood donation is useful for reducing the risk of heart and liver disorders which are triggered by the iron overload in the body. Only a limited amount of iron can be absorbed by the body, and the rest starts accumulating in the heart, pancreas and lungs. This can pave the way for liver failure and cirrhosis, damage to the pancreas and complications in the heart such as irregular heart rhythms. The blood donation helps in maintaining the optimum iron levels as well as reduces the risk of different ailments.
- Helps in weight loss: Regular blood donation also helps in weight of the donors. This is great for those who are overweight and obese. It is advantageous for those who are suffering from cardiovascular and other health disorders.
- Production of new cells: After the donation of blood, the body starts working for replenishing the loss of blood. This helps in stimulating the production of new blood cells and in turn aids in the maintenance of good health.
It is imperative to note here that to enjoy the benefits of blood donation, an individual has to wait for eight weeks after a session of whole blood donation. Also, it is crucial to wait for 16 weeks in between the power red blood donation. One should always consult with the doctor to be sure that he or she is fit for donating blood and should avoid it while suffering from any disorders or infections.
Do Not Worry About Male Infertility!
I married in, 2014 its 2 years turned out my period is also not fix. I m not yet conceive. I had starting level of thyroid. I had taken medicine for 3 month but no result kindly suggest.
I have pcos n I dnt knw what medicine do I prefer it's 4 years that I am been diagnosed n it's almost an year that I haven't got my periods.
Hi, I am 20 yr old and my girlfriend is 19. Her periods date is around 10th of every month, last month we had sex couple of times using all safety measures and she' s on pill too. 1. Will there be any postpone in periods of her? 2. Is it safe to have sex now? 3. Will the periods be late if we have sex now? 4. And also during the time of periods, is the intercourse safe?
I had an intercourse with a stranger with protection (condom). When it was over I pulled out my genital safely. However while pulling off the condom, some vaginal discharge on it spilled on my genital. Some touched my glans. I am worried if that women was infected with HIV can I get it too?
Infertility is a condition that refers to the inability to conceive, even after regularly having unprotected sex for a period of 6 months at least. In most cases, infertility may also refer to the biological inability of a person to contribute to the process of conception; or to a woman who is incapable of carrying a pregnancy to its full term.
There are several causes behind infertility; but taking the current lifestyle of the people into account, stress and a sedentary lifestyle are emerging as major factors behind this condition.
How do stress and sedentary lifestyle cause infertility?
1. Stress: Stress is turning into a major cause of infertility, esp. in women. A research carried out by Emory University observed 16 women between their mid 20s-30s, with normal weights for a period of 6 months to come to this conclusion. It found out that each of these women did not get their periods for the 6 months under observation due to high amounts of cortisol (stress hormone) in their body. Each of these women had really hectic work lifestyles, which indicated that women with stressful jobs are at a higher risk of experiencing infertility due to stress.
In fact, both the partners, when going through a period of stress, are unable to conceive. However, during periods when they felt good, their chances of having a baby increased dramatically.
2. A Sedentary Lifestyle: Again, more of a risk factor for women than men.
Amongst women, a sedentary lifestyle during teenage causes hormonal imbalance and anovulatory cycles more commonly seen in PCOD (polycystic ovarian disorder - the development of multiple small cysts in the ovary) patients, which is a major cause for infertility.
As for men, those with a sedentary lifestyle generally tend to be overweight or obese, which can lead to low sperm quality. This, in turn, can significantly reduce a couple’s chances of conceiving.
What can do you to prevent infertility?
1. Stay Active: Acupressure, regular exercising, daily brisk walking, practicing yoga and meditation are some of the ways by which you can alleviate the problem of infertility. Each of these activities help in improving the flow of blood to your reproductive organs, which helps in the release of toxins from the body. They also help in enhancing the movement of the pelvic region and in reducing any type of inflammation and pain in the area, thereby increasing your chances of conceiving. The added benefit of practicing these is a significant reduction in your stress levels.
2. Eat Right: Diet too plays a major role. Certain foods are known to boost your fertility, while maintaining proper hormonal balance and reducing the chances of miscarriage. Foods like cold water fish, raw dairy, eggs, tomatoes and dark leafy greens among others should be a part of your daily diet.
Jb ovary me cysts ka size nhi diya gaya ho bs small likha ho to cysts kab kab se hoga or ye problem puri tarah solve ho sakti hai kya.
I am 34 years old and i am suffering from white discharge and foul smell for last 3 -4 years. Please help me.
In today's world, the number of working moms all over the world is more than ever. Such women have a huge two-fold task of balancing between work and home, which includes looking after their children and managing their work at office. Balancing the two ends can make life hard for a working mother.
Here are some effective ways to find balance in motherhood for working mothers:
- Find good child care: While you are out for work all day, it is very important for you to get a good babysitter or nanny for your child. You could should seek references from people and find a patient and quality babysitter for your child. It is important to manage and evaluate the babysitter on all the criteria you require. An experienced and friendly sitter would make your child comfortable.
- Keep the morning easy: Get things organized at night so that you can keep the mornings hassle free. Use the mornings to prepare your child’s lunch and laying out clothes. Plan all kinds of family schedules during this time.
- Maintain a family calendar: You should maintain a calendar to figure out the priorities of your family. You can maintain bill payment dates, a chore calendar for your kids, a list of all important events and other required charts. This will enable you to maintain everything, in spite of your busy schedule and enable you to strike a better balance.
- Stay connected during daytime: You should try to stay connected with your children, even when you are away. You should call them frequently or send them cute messages or voice recordings and videos. This will keep them happy and they will miss you less. They will be more comforted and feel loved that you are near instead of being away at work.
- Keep away from distractions and time wasters: You should stay disciplined and maintain a limit on making phone calls or checking mails. Try to do these activities when your children are asleep. Cut down your television watching time and spend the evenings with your partner. When you are spending time with your children, do not multitask and give them your total attention. At work, try not to waste time and return home as soon as work gets over.
- Arrange family activities: You must make time for your kids in order to nurture your bond and get along with them. During their growing up phase, your child requires a major chunk of your time. Make special family dinners, watch movies with your family in the home theater and engross in different games. Spending time with your partner is also very important.
Life is quite difficult for working mothers who have to balance work and family together. In order to maintain a balance, follow the above-mentioned measures and lead a happy and fulfilling life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.