Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Hey! I'm 20 years old male. I'm a student. My gums have started bleeding so much that as I go to brush my teeth whole of the Colgate I spit is red in colour. Apart from this it keeps bleeding which leaves an ugly odour in the mouth. I smoke, I drink sometimes and also I'm sexually active. Is it because of any of these that my gums are bleeding? Guide me please.
Hi Doctor I am having bleeding problem in my teeth and some swelling in gums also some smell will also come from a mouth due bleeding. Please advice me how I can take care of my teeth. Thank you.
My teeth is paining when I take pill it stops paining but some time later it starts paining what I can do.
Since most toothaches are the result of tooth decay, following good oral hygiene practices can prevent toothaches.
Good oral hygiene practices consist of brushing regularly with a fluoride-containing toothpaste, flossing once daily, rinsing once or twice a day with an antiseptic mouthwash, and seeing your dentist twice a year for professional cleaning.
In addition to these practices, eat foods low in sugar and ask us about sealants. Sealants are a great solution when it comes to safeguard your teeth.
Your mouth is the breeding place for various bacteria. These bacteria use the sugar in food and turn them into acids. These acids then react with a tooth, gradually drilling a hole in it, which is infamously known as a tooth cavity.
You might wonder why exactly this happens. When your teeth are subjected to acid frequently, the repeated acid attacks on the enamel, the enamel starts losing its minerals. The first sign of tooth decay is when a white spot appears on the tooth. This white spot is the area from where the enamel has lost its minerals. If not taken care of from the time this early sign of decay makes an appearance, then the decay just gets more serious and the white spot will turn into a cavity.
Here are some tips to avoid tooth decay altogether:
- Use fluoride based toothpaste and mouthwash: Fluoride prevents tooth decay from maturing. It can even reverse or stop tooth decay, which is in its early stage. It also protects the tooth from further decay and replenishes the lost minerals from the enamel and prevents any further loss. It also reduces the acid making ability of the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Keep a check on food: Keep a study check on what you are eating. If you eat too much of junk food or food which contains a lot of sugar regularly, then suffering from a tooth decay is inevitable. Try to limit those foods to maybe once or twice a week.
- Brush your teeth: Brush your teeth regularly, preferably with fluoride toothpaste. Not only will the fluoride toothpaste protect your teeth, the toothbrush will also take out any food particle stuck between two teeth. Brush at least twice a day or preferably after every meal and before bed.
- Use dental floss: Clean in between your teeth with a dental floss.
- Eat cheese: Cheese contains casein which prevents tooth decay or cavity formation.
- Visit your dentist regularly: Make sure you visit your dentist regularly to keep your teeth healthy.