Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GauravYour feedback matters!
ADHD or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder is a condition characterized by an inability to concentrate and sustain attention. It is a biological problem of the brain.
Due to poor concentration the child feels bored easily and may become impulsive and appear to be mischievous
He may answer out of turn and will talk even when not spoken to.
He may have difficulty sitting at one place.
He maybe restless, fidgety and jumping about.
This will hamper his ability to remember things and may become forgetful and lose things.
This is something the child does not do on purpose and feels guilty and unhappy about, making the child feel low on self-esteem which may manifest as aggressive and rebellious behavior.
Tips for the teacher and parents
1. Keep the child close to her in the classroom
2. Keep the child away from the windows
3. Shower praise when he behaves appropriately.
4. Write important information down where the child can easily read and reference it
5.Divide big assignments into smaller ones, and allow children frequent breaks.
6. Incorporate Physical movement into classroom teaching.
7. Working with interruptions:
Reducing the interruptions of children with ADD/ADHD should be done carefully so that the child’s self-esteem is maintained, especially in front of others. Develop a “secret language” with the child with ADD/ADHD. You can use discreet gestures or words you have previously agreed upon to let the child know they are interrupting. Praise the child for interruption-free conversations.
8. Dealing with Impulsivity:
Give consequences immediately following misbehavior. Be specific in your explanation, making sure the child knows how they misbehaved.
Recognize good behavior out loud. Be specific in your praise, making sure the child knows what they did right.
Write the schedule for the day on the board or on a piece of paper and cross off each item as it is completed. Children with impulse problems may gain a sense of control and feel calmer when they know what to expect.
9. Dealing with Hyperactivity:
Ask children with ADD/ADHD to run an errand or do a task for you, even if it just means walking across the room to sharpen pencils or put books away.
Encourage the child to play a sport—or at least run around before and after school.
Provide a stress ball, small toy, or other object for the child to squeeze or play with discreetly at his or her seat.
Limit screen time in favor of time for movement. Your child will enjoy fast games like Subway Surfer and Temple Run.
Make sure a child with ADD/ADHD never misses recess or PT period.
My son is 5.3yrs old, he has stuffed nose and cold.How do I identify the wheeze? Medication for cold?
My son is 6 years old he repeat the things again & again if I purchased fruits for him he ask me again & again mom I can eat but it will finish & if he found qty less than do not eat when we purchase again than he will eat and dont want to eat anybody. Every time intrested to go my old house and dont want to go any other city. He is studying class 1st getting good marks 80% but some times forget same thing again & again he is like singing music. Many time ask same thing again & again so pls suggest what should I do for his better future.
My baby is just of 5 month. She is allergic to milk powder consist of lactose. Now by doctor recommendation we are providing soya milk. Is it sufficient in nutrition?
My baby is 7 months old and he fell off from bed 5 days ago and he got very scared. He became dull from that time. Please suggest me how to make him get rid off that fear?
Drug addiction is a major problem in today's world. The major part of these drug abuse victims are teenagers. There are several reasons may drive your teen kid to hard drugs which include peer pressure, neglect, curiosity or just for the sake of being cool. This could be a major concern for the parents whose children get addicted to drugs but an important thing to keep in mind is that the only person who can help your kid overcome addiction are the parents.
Here are a few measures that can help your kid overcome drug addiction:
- In order to put your kids on the right path, the most important thing is to show them love. You should keep aside your anger, fear and grief and approach them. Tell them why you are scared or angry. Proper love and affection is required to bring your kids back to the normal track.
- Try to find their strengths and weakness. Your child should be complemented for any good thing he or she does. You should observe them properly and try to perceive their current nature and mental state.
- You should try to keep your calm and talk to them instead of scolding, shouting or threatening them. You must also listen to them carefully and try not to react in any way. Talk to them about your concerns and see whether they are cooperating with you.
- Getting your kids involved in some activity, which will let them mix with a different group of peers will be a positive remedy. You have to make them feel good about themselves. Try to find ways so that your kids will get into some positive, productive activity.
- Fixing an appointment with a psychiatrist who deals with drug abuse situations can also help you deal with the issue. You must explain to your kids that there is an obvious reason behind their addiction, and it must be solved for their own good.
- You should also connect with the counselors at schools and colleges. They have seen many cases like your child’s and know about the situation well. You can enroll your kids in a substance abuse program which is connected with his school.
- You must tell your kids that what they are doing is risky and illegal and as parents, you have the right to help them overcome this in order to maintain good health, and that you do not want them to go to prison.
- Find an expert therapist specializing in teen substance abuse and make your kids have weekly appointments with him. A good therapist knows the best ways to guide your kids to the right path.
Drug addiction in kids is a common syndrome these days. If your kid is into hard drugs, you need to do your best to save him and help him overcome the addiction. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
My baby is now 16 months now, I want to stop breast feeding, how to make her to stop breast feeding as I have tried in many ways but she insist for it before going to sleep.
The underrated vegetable is know for its hefty nutritional values. It is a known diuretic (which helps to remove excess water and toxins) from the system and also help in gastroinstestinal problems like flatulence(gas),indigestion and acidity. It surely makes a healing punch.
Bed Wetting is a phenomenon in which a child urinates, involuntarily, on bed when fast asleep at night.
A. The Secret Problem
A child gains bladder control at night, but it varies with age. After attaining the age of five, 15% of the children continue bed wetting and after the age of 10, only 5% are found to be still bed wetting. The incidences of bed wetting in boys are twice as compared to girls. Bed wetting can often lead to extreme embarrassment and social awkwardness for the parents. For parents to deal with such inevitable child problems, they must know the causes that lead to bed wetting.
B. The Bedwetting Gene
Your own DNA may be the chief contributor to your child’s bed wetting; research states that in 75 percent of the cases, this problem is found to be hereditary. However, parents should deal with this problem with sensibility and sensitivity, so as not to alienate their children in any way.
- Delayed Bladder Maturation: In such cases, the communication between the bladder and the brain is delayed.
- Lower Anti-Diuretic Hormone (ADH): Inadequate secretion of such hormones causes the kidneys to produce lesser urine during the day, thus increasing chances of bed wetting at night.
- Deep Sleeping: With deep sleeping, the brain fails to get the signal that the bladder may be full.
- Constipation: With constipation, the problem is that there may be uncontrolled contraction of bladder due to the bowels being full all the time.
When is it a concern?
There is nothing wrong with bedwetting during childhood, especially when the child is less than 2 years of age. However, it might be a concern if the child happens to gain bladder control at night but the condition relapses. Also, if psychological stress happens to be at the root of the child’s bedwetting, it could be considered to be a cause for concern.
Homeopathic treatment for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy is a very effective natural treatment for enuresis. The homeopathic remedies for bedwetting are perfectly safe. These natural homeopathic remedies do not have any side effects at all. Safety of the medicines is a major issue when you are to give any medicine to your child. Therefore it is of utmost importance that the medicines should be completely safe. Homeopathic remedies are known to be perfectly safe and have been tried by millions of patients all over the world over the last 2 centuries.
5 Best Homeopathic medicines for bedwetting in children
Homeopathy has been found to be very successful in treating bedwetting. The aim of Homeopathy is to strengthen the nervous system of the body. This allows the child to gain control over the urinary bladder. The same child who had been urinating in the bed for years is able to keep the bed dry within a matter of a couple of weeks. Homeopathy offers the best way of treating bedwetting. The embarrassment of the child as well as the parents vanishes quickly like magic. Here are the 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting that help in working this magic-
- Acid Phos
It is important to mention here that the above mentioned 5 best homeopathic medicines for bedwetting are by no means the only medicines for bedwetting. There are many other medicines that are also used to cure enuresis. The exact selection of the right medicine depends upon the detailed symptoms of each individual patient. So, it always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before going for any medication.
- Ensure that your child urinates right before hitting the bed.
- Limit your child’s fluid intake after having a thorough discussion with the doctor.
- Set an alarm for the child to wake up and go to the toilet in the middle of the night.
- Bladder stretching exercises increase the bladder’s capacity and thus the quantum of urine that can be held by the child’s bladder.
- Medications, as would be prescribed by a pediatrician.
- Use a plastic sheet over the bed.
- And finally, don’t panic. Usually, the problem resolves on its own.