Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gaurav
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. GauravYour feedback matters!
I'm 23 yrs old male. I having gynaecomastia. I have memory problems.I'm facing difficulties in communication with other persons. I have lack of confidence in doing any task. My mood also changes frequently. I'm facing severe depression from last 7 years. And my behaviour is similer with ADHD. I read lot of meterial related to depression , ADHD, bipolar disorder and also klinefelter. I'm fearing that I have klinefelter so please give me instructions about to whom I should refer & which tests to be made for diagnosis.
Hello, My baby is 1.5 years old. She is not eating anything with interest. She does not like fruits, chapatis and paratha. She is always busy with herself. She does not take interest in any game. My question is which kind of food I should give her. I have to make puree of everything which she eat like dal and rice otherwise she will not eat.
Hello my son 11 months old. Last week he suffered from fever and it reaches to conversion after dat I take my son to hospital nd he admitted 5 days after discharge he recovered from fever but Dr. says you should take extra care up to 6 years. How I take care my baby? Nd is dis dangerous to my son?
My baby's due date for 2.5 months vaccine is on 24 Feb 2018. Vaccines for 1.5 months was given on 24 Jan 2018. Is there is any problem if vaccine for 2.5 months gives on 28 Feb 2018 (ie 3 days after due date)
I had suffered from anul fissure in the month of December. But I got it treated. Now today I again got that same pain. And breastfeeding my 4 month old. What medication should I take. Which will not affect my breastfeeding and my baby.
A baby should be breastfed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. Babies fed on breast milk have been found to have lower levels of insulin than babies who are fed with formula milk or any other milk. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.