Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Eye sight in right eye is less than the left eye. How to restore without undergoing an operation. I am 64 years old.Heart patient with three sten.
Antrior most transparent layer of the eye is called cornea. It is an extremely useful layer for refraction and protection of eye.
Any trauma, foreign body or chemical etc can invade the integrity of this layer and can be invaded by bacteria, fungus or virus, resulting in the corneal ulcer. Sometimes, due to hypoxia induced by contact lenses too can result in a corneal ulcer.
Depending on clinical presentation, a doctor diagnoses the cause of the ulcer and start the therapy. Since the transparency of cornea is very important, a doctor starts very intensive therapy. With repeated frequent checkups if a proper and intensive therapy is not given, the ulcer can progress and can cause collection of pus in the anterior chamber which if not attended properly, can cause the infection to travel into the interior of the eyeball (vitreous chamber) resulting in total blindness. The ulcer can become deeper and lead to perforation of the cornea, causing severe damage to the eye and may require removal of pus (evisceration) or total removal of the eye ball.
Generally, fungal ulcers are more dangerous and occur mostly in rainy season.
It is imperative that a case of corneal ulcer is diagnosed promptly and very intensive treatment proper treatment is given to save the disfigurement of the eye and total irreparable blindness.
At times we have not only to give topical drops but oral therapy has to be given. Injections in the eye have to be given. Culture sensitivity has to be done in severe cases to identify the causative organism.
In extremely severe cases, we have to perform, therapeutic keratoplasty.
Conclusion: Corneal Ulcer is a serious challenging problem with the potentiality to cause total and irreparable blindness and must be attended promptly by a very expert ophthalmologist to save the eye.
I am 27 year old male and I have vision issue in my right eye since I was 18 yr old. I have done initial check up with an eye specialist and he suggested me that there won't be any issue in future as my left eye works perfectly. Kindly suggest what should I do?
How to improve eye vision by taking normal food? Recently I found that my eye vision getting disturbed and I want to cure my vision without wearing lens. Please suggest me a better way to normalize my vision?
Hello doctors, today I came to know that my father aged around 53 is suffering from Retinopathy. The doc. Told him to take vit c supplements (non chewable) and gave some eye drops for a week. After it he will go for laser in three settings. Since he is suffering from diabetics and had previously diagnosed with CAD. My question is, Does VIT-C increase the chances of heart attack.
I am 31 years old. I usually work in front of computer. During evening my eyes started to pain .moreover my back started to pain. What should I do?
There are many reasons why we are required to wear glasses or contact lenses including poor vision, far sightedness, inward eyelids and a variety of other conditions. These contact lenses have to cleaned, worn and stored properly so as to avoid complications in the eyes. Contact lens discomfort includes symptoms like redness, puffiness, swelling, itching, watering and burning of the eyes along with cloudy vision and pain.
If you are facing contact lens discomfort, here is what you will need to do:
- Cleanliness: The first thing to do when you face even a slight discomfort is to check your lenses properly. You will have to ensure that you clean your contact lenses before and after use, especially if they are not the disposable kind. Yet, any discomfort can point at the fact that there may be some contaminants and infectants lurking around on the surface. Ensure that you clean the lenses again and then wear them. You must make sure that your hands are clean when you are handling them and that you are not using a lint ridden towel to dry them off as this lint can easily get onto the surface of the lenses and cause severe itching, irritation and burning.
- Make Up: Have you used your make up before wearing your contact lenses? Then chances are that you have transferred some of that makeup onto the lenses while wearing them. This makeup can get trapped in the lenses and cause severe discomfort. So remember to apply your makeup only after you have worn your lenses, and remove the makeup only after you have removed the lenses so that you avoid any discomfort.
- Type of Contact Lenses: Prolonged discomfort and pain may point at the fact that your contact lenses are less than ideal for you. You may want to book an appointment with your ophthalmologist in order to check the lens fit and size as well as the material of the lens, as unbeknownst to us, we may be allergic to certain material. Find out whether you need a hard or a soft material or if the soft disposable lenses have some elements that are not suiting your eyes and skin.
- Environmental Factors: You may also want to check with your doctor about conditions like humidity and heat as well as harsh winters and rain in case your contact lenses are causing problems for you. The doctor may be able to change the contact lenses as per the weather conditions so that you are more comfortable.
Tear film stability and dryness of the eye should also be checked before wearing a certain type of contact lens. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.
My eyes itch a lot. And bags are formed under my eyes. Even cold compress is not giving any relief. What should I do?
I have blank eyes over three days what I do for this this question is for earning money on earntalktime.
Recently I feel burning sensation in my eyes. Started using specs recently. What could be the reason.
I have black heads and darkcirle on over the eyes so tell me what I do and in winter days my skin is so dry and dark.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long.