Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurav GuptaYour feedback matters!
Sir I have myopia disease of -6 no. I used contact lenses for one month after leaving them I have irritation in my eyes. What is solution sir.
I'm a student I have a mild headache and eyes are burning at intervals last three days I was suffering these problems suggest me some medicine or treatment.
I have serious fever and cough my eye is red and my stomach is paining please help me in this matter.
Sir, Namastey. I am 22 year old. Sir,read my problem completely. I feel dull/ pressure type headache from 1 year. My eye sight is decreasing day by day and feel pain in eyes. This condition is created by me. I have passed engineering this year. When I was in b tech 1st year I used to do normal study. But from second year I started intensive study for longer hours. I used to laid excessive pressure on mind to concentrate and capture things in mind. In earlier days I feel refreshed after sleeping. But after longer time 2 to 2.5 year later, My brain got exhausted and overstimulated. My brain has became dull. I also feel pain in eyes and decreasing eyesight day by day. I can not perform any task. One Doctor told me that this condition is called brain Fag' Plzz kindly me provide solution.
I have red eyes whenever I ride my bike and aslo I have to reduce my tummy aslo whenever I use laptop my eyes become red aslo sometime my legs were also paining please help me.
Having ache at half part of head over one eye. Got eye checkup and that shows no eye sight issue. What should I do in this case.
What are bad effect of mobile screen on human eyes ? I have problem with mobile screen ? What to do now?
My eyes problems in every time my eyes is red nd falling water in every times. Please solve tis problems.
I have short sight eye problem. I have been using specs for 10 years. Can you suggest me any treatment to avoid using specs?
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.