Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Gaurab MahajanaYour feedback matters!
My daughter 8 years old is suffering from itching throats which cause caugh. May I know the reason and treatment.
My Mother has taken the full body checkup. Plan is (aarogya 1.6). She is facing a small health issue, while doing work or sitting she feels house is rotating. Unable to sleep properly. Can you help me what to do?
Rhinitis is an irritable medical condition where the mucous lining of a person's nose swells up. The term is more of a category and less of a definitive way to describe something specific. Rhinitis involves a host of other conditions that affect the mucous membranes of your nose. If you were not aware, common cold is also a kind of rhinitis. Rhinitis can cause acute touchiness in the inner lining of the nose leading to continuous discharges from one's nose. It can also lead to clogging of your nose or inflammation of the internal tissues.
Rhinitis can be divided under two main types; allergic and non- allergic rhinitis. Allergic rhinitis, popularly known as hay fever is caused due to contact with allergens that are usually undamaging. However, in case of non- allergic rhinitis the symptoms take after that of the allergic type but no particular causal factor can be identified.
Factors that can increase your propensity to suffer from rhinitis of any kind are:
- Pollen from flowers
- Inhaling certain substances can be harmful; smell of certain chemicals is bad too.
- Both active as well as passive smoking can be detrimental
- High levels of air pollution contributes to the risk
- Weather conditions affect your health; a windy yet humid weather can aggravate rhinitis.
Common symptoms of rhinitis can be listed as below:
- A person suffering from this condition might catch a cold all of a sudden.
- People, usually little children, might even face high fevers.
- Your nose tends to be runny. After the infection subsides, chances of a thick, sticky discharge are more.
- Exhaustion is also felt in combination with headaches and teary eyes.
- The nature of your nasal discharge tells the doctor if you are suffering from an allergy or from a viral infection.
A few preventive measures to aid you against rhinitis:
- Rhinitis can be communicable and in most cases it is so. Therefore a person should not share his or her utensils and other personal things such as towels or handkerchiefs with any other person.
- One should not be in close proximity of another infected person.
- Hands are the most common sources of infection. One must wash his or her unclean hands before touching the face.
He snore a lot while sleeping is there any problem will arise due to this, will it affect to heart or its due to aging ,is daily exercise is ok or have to do any thing more, any homemade solution is there?
Almost 9 years ago in 2007, when I was in my vacation and travelling in train, in mid night I had a feeling that train was rolling, Immediately I sat and I was holding the chain firmly and did not sleep the whole night. Very next day when I met doctor, he examined and said whenever I lie down, my pressure goes less than 100 and when I get up it goes above 120, That is the reason for this happening. Then I had some medication. I was told not to get up from bed immediately, but slowly turn one side, put one leg down on the ground and then both leg on ground. I followed for this for almost a month. Then it slowly vanished. I was later told this might be because of some shoulder bone pressing some nerve which stops blood going to brain for fraction of seconds and I was asked to go physiotherapist. He did some IR therapy and suggested some exercises and slowly I forgot that incident till 2015. In 2015, when I was cycling (prior to joining Goqii), I fainted on middle of road and lasted for few minutes and I was admitted to hospital. The discharge summary simply indicated Syncope. After that once in 2 or 3 months, I have giddiness for fraction of seconds, while getting up from chair or bed or coming out of car (basically when I stand up after long sitting). All X-Ray, ECG, ECHO, CT scan and even MRI shows normal.
Hello Doctors, This is about my girlfriend, somehow she's got addicted to whitener inhaling. I told her to quit but she's found herself unable to quit inhaling. Please please suggest some useful and better ways to quit this. And one more thing recently she faced a blood flow from his nose, is it because of this inhaling habit? Please suggest us.
My father is 45 years old. He is having infection in his throat which is painful. Which doctor should I consult?
I have a habit of snoring in sleep even when I sleep on sides as also Please help me to solve the issue.
Are you suffering from a sore throat that is prolonged in nature? Although, a sore throat is not very severe, being prolonged in nature indicates that it is chronic. You should not ignore a sore throat that does not heal over a long period of time. This might be an indication of a serious problem, and you will require proper diagnosis.
When is a sore throat termed as chronic?
- A sore throat may take various forms. It can be itchy, burning, scratchy in nature, and can also cause difficulty in swallowing food.
- It is likely for a sore throat to be accompanied by a form of pesky cough that leads to further irritation of the throat.
- Sore throats can also occur from common colds and several viruses. These usually resolve on their own.
- However, when your sore throat is persistent and you cannot find relief, it is referred to as a chronic sore throat. The primary cause of sore throat includes strep throat, allergies, tonsillitis or the infection of your tonsils, inhaling air pollutants, influenza, cigarette smoking, and inhaling via the mouth.
- Among these conditions, strep throat and tonsillitis may turn into severe problems, if not treated properly.
- Smoking is a major cause of chronic sore throat. You should control your smoking to eliminate these sore throat symptoms.
- Snoring is also a major cause for sore throat.
Relief from chronic sore throat
No matter what is the cause of your chronic throat pain, or sore throat is, you should follow some steps and undertake simple home remedies for soothing your scratchy, itchy and painful throat. Some of them include the following:
- Do hot water steam inhalation daily, which will help
- You must stay well hydrated and should moisten your throat by drinking lots of fluids throughout the day. You should add honey to warm drinks and hot tea.
- You may take over the counter pain relievers.
- You should install a humidifier in your home for preventing dry air that causes irritation to your throat.
- You may try gargling regularly with warm water and salt, at least twice a day.
It is difficult to diagnose the exact cause of a sore throat, but when it worsens or does not tend to leave, something serious is indicated. You must consult a doctor and undertake a physical examination of your throat in order to detect the cause.