Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Garg
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. GargYour feedback matters!
I am looking very skinny. Unable to improve my body mass. I also getting affected by cold twice in a month. Help me in brief description.
My son is 7 month old. How to solve his gas problem. Or jab bhi usne sona hota h to sone ki jidd krta h but tym lgata h sone ki or dudh hib ni pita tab.
Hi, I have ulcers problem. Tired many thing but it is not fixing. People says stop eating junk food. But I can't do that for whole life. But I am damn sure that I don't eat that much to. I do drink water a lot in day. But don't know what is happening.
Frequently I am facing the problem of headache what might be the main reason how can I get rid of it.
I have suffered from cough from last 1month nd I took so many tablets but problem not solved. Nd when I eat sweet its become increasingly so please help me what should I do.
I am 28 age having masturbation daily I have no bad habits like smoking, drinking and other else. If masturbation is not doing in day I have not sleep at night. If masturbation doing I sleep at night and another thing is that after masturbation I fell so weak. I so fear about my habit. Please give a good solution for my problem and please tell how to come out from this habit. Thanks sir.
I am 26 years old male and I do masturbation everyday my pain size now small and also early discharge of sex so what medicines I should take so it be good as before.
Diarrhea is one of the world’s most common ailments and almost everyone suffers from it now and then. It is a condition in which the bowel movements become loose and watery. In many cases, diarrhea lasts a couple of days. But when it lasts for a week, then it can mean a serious disorder. You have to seek medical attention immediately in such scenarios.
The symptoms of diarrhea can include loose, watery stools, abdominal cramps and pain, blood in the stool and bloating symptoms. If the condition persists for more than two days and if you are unable to find any relief, consult your doctor. You might also tend to get dehydrated when you are suffering from the condition. Hence, you might feel weak and tired. Occasionally, your stool samples may be loaded with blood.
There are many harmful pathogens that can cause diarrhea- including viruses and bacteria. One of the most important reasons is contaminated water and the buildup of parasites in your body. There are also certain foods that might not suit your body type and as a result, you might experience diarrhea. Do know your food symptoms and follow a proper diet accordingly. One of the major complications of diarrhea is dehydration and if left untreated, it can become life threatening. This is especially worse in small children. Hence seek medical attention if your child is suffering from it. Do look out for signs like no tears when your child cries and withdrawn face in your child.
Other causes include:
- Alcohol abuse
- Allergies to certain foods
- Diseases of the intestines (such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis)
- Eating foods that upset the digestive system
- Infection by bacteria (the cause of most types of food poisoning) or other organisms
- Laxative abuse
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Radiation therapy
- Running (Some people get “runner’s diarrhea” for reasons that aren’t clear)
- Some cancers
- Surgery on your digestive system
Diagnosis is usually rare for diarrhea unless you want to find the reason. Usually, this is done by testing your stool and in some cases even your blood.
When to see a doctor
People who have warning signs of blood or pus in the stool, fever, or signs of dehydration should see a doctor right away, as should those with significant abdominal pain. Such people may need immediate testing, treatment, and sometimes admission to a hospital. If the only warning signs are chronic or nighttime diarrhea or weight loss, people should see a doctor within a week or so. People without warning signs should call a doctor if diarrhea lasts for more than 72 hours. Depending on the person's other symptoms, age, and medical history, the doctor may recommend the person have an examination or try at-home or over-the-counter treatments
In most cases, diarrhea symptoms can clear up by themselves, without any treatment. Most of the scenarios involve changing your food habits for some days. You can take antibiotics but use of antibiotics in diarrhoea should be only under medical supervision. In most cases these are helpful and the symptoms will go away after a day or two. Drink plenty of fluids during these days to replenish the lost water content and to keep your body hydrated at all times. If drinking fluids affect your stomach then you may need to take the fluids intravenously. If you do not get relief from the symptoms even after a couple of days, seek medical help.
Oral Rehydration rehydration salts (ORS) - How To Make It?
Oral Rehydration rehydration salts (ORS) is a special drink made up of sugars, salts, and clean water. It can help replace fluid loss from severe diarrhea or vomiting. Studies have shown ORS to be as effective as intravenous fluid administration when treating dehydration. ORS drinks can be made using purchased packets, like Pedialyte®, Infalyte®, and Naturalyte®. You can also make ORS drinks at home using clean water, salt, and sugar.
Making Your Own ORS Solution--
1. Gather the ingredients. To make your own ORS solution, you’ll need:
- table salt
- clean water
- granulated or powdered sugar
2. Mix the dry ingredients. Add a half-teaspoon of table salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar into a clean container. You can use granulated or powdered sugar.
- If you don't have a teaspoon to measure, you can use a fistful scoop of sugar and a three-finger pinch of salt.
3. Add one liter of clean drinking water. If you cannot measure out a liter, add 5 cups of water (each cup is about 200 ml). Only use clean water. The water can be bottled water or recently boiled and cooled water.
- Be sure to only use water. Milk, soup, fruit juice or soft drinks cannot be used since they will make the ORS ineffective. Don't add any extra sugar.
4. Stir well and drink. Use a spoon or whisk to mix the ORS powder into the water. After a minute or so of vigorous stirring, the solution should be completely dissolved. Now, it is ready to drink.
- ORS solution can be refrigerated for 24 hours. Do not store it any longer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.