Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in New Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. G S Lavekar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Submit a review for Dr. G S LavekarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, inspiring, sensible and helped me improve my health. Article written by Lybrate are must read more informative and encouraging to under health care issues i personally wish to thank Doctors and support staff for this great valuable information
I found the answers provided by the Dr. G S Lavekar to be very helpful. Thank-you docterfor rendering selfless service to mankind.your article is invaluable for all of us.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be helped me improve my health. Its vry useful to me to lift my weight
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are knowledgeable, very helpful, caring, practical and professional. Thanqqq sir
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful and sensible. Thanks for responding Dr.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be helped me improve my health. Helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be knowledgeable. Good to know!!!!!
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be very helpful. Help full
Asha Kiran Thakur
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar to be very helpful.
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are inspiring. Well reasoned
I found the answers provided by the Dr. G S Lavekar to be caring. Thank
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are very helpful. Good sir
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are knowledgeable. Good
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are well-reasoned. Nice
Dr. Gandhidas Lavekar provides answers that are inspiring. helpful
I have very small size penis I am afraid that after marriage will this be a problem. Need tips to increase the size.
I am 18 years old Boy. I am taking safi from 1 week. Is it good for my body? I want to gain weight! why should I do? My weight is 44 kg and height is 5 ft 8 inch and Age is 18+.How can I weight gain?
I was diagnosed with pcos, had twins after ivf, since 1 year I have scanty periods which come once in 3-4 months after taking regestrone. I have put on lot of what and inspite of going to gym and controlled diet, I continue to put on weigh. I feel exhausted, get sharp pain (like swollen insides and crabs crawling and hurting inside) around my abdomen a few times on random days. I got my thyroid and blood levels checked 3 mts back and everything came out normal. There is a lot of full body bloating specially in the morning. I was advised contraceptive pills but they make me very irritable and doc dropped it considering I have 2 toddlers to take care of alone. Any hormonal pill makes me irritable and refrain from taking them. Please advise how I can reduce my weight and also regularise my periods. I had put on 32 kg when pregnant and managed to get rif of 10 kg. I was 65 kgs pre pregnancy.
Hair on Scalp is like a crown, everyone likes to have proper scalp hair.
Nowadays many hair related problems are common like hair fall, hair thinning, split end, dandruff, dryness etc. but hair loss is a more common observed in men, women and children. A person loses an average of 100 hairs every day, if this exceeds then it becomes a matter of concern and needs treatment. In many hair loss cases, the hair doesn’t grow back. If anyone is experiencing excessive hair fall or hair is falling in patches then immediate treatment is advised.
- The most common type of hair loss in men is pattern baldness, often known as androgenetic alopecia. This kind of baldness is seen initially hair lose in the front, crown, and sides of the hairline, and may become totally bald but in females thinning at the top and front of the head is common. This type of hair loss is genetic, and requires numerous treatments.
- Hair loss may be due to varied causes like: thyroid problems, hormone imbalance, not getting sufficient nutrition to hairs, inadequate sleep, Anemia, and regular consumption of junk food, mental worries, and excessive uses of Soap, Shampoo, and Oils containing harmful chemicals.
- A study published in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, linked premature graying of hair to osteopenia (thinning of the bones).
- The Parabens and phthalates, used in many beauty and hair-care products, have been linked to cancer and reproductive-system damage, so one should be careful in uses of such products.
- Hair is protein in nature, so maintain protein part in your daily diet by adequate consumption of legumes like beans, peas, lentils, dry fruits, and fermented products and recipes.
- Hairs’ cuticles are rich in silicon, be sure to include dietary silicon in your diet to provide elasticity and strength to hair; common good sources include cabbage, cauliflower, celery, leeks, onions, garlic, parsley, and asparagus, barley, oats, millet, whole wheat, nuts, dried fruit, bananas, root vegetables, spinach etc.
To prevent your hair from becoming dry and brittle, ensure that you are getting enough essential fatty acids (EFAs) from fish, borage, and flaxseed oils, as well as adequate vitamin E. Daily massage of scalp with Coconut or Almond oil is most ideal to keep hair soft and moist, such massage provides nutrition and increases scalp circulation there by absorption increases.
If medication fails to re-grow or restore hairs then the only option is hair transplant operative measure.
Better to use many homely simple and tested hair care remedies like:
- Regular daily gentle scalp massage with Coconut, Jaswand or Almond oil, Bhringraj oil etc.
- Consumption of Dry fruits, Sesame seeds, seasonal fruits etc.
- Some Yogasana like Shirshasana, Sarvangasana etc.
- “Nasya” Nasal oil instillation daily or twice in a week.
- Uses of homely Shampoo for hair wash like Soap nut, Amla, Shikakai , Aloe Vera, Triphala etc.
- The Protection of head-scalp from severe sun shine and cold.
I am 24 and I am facing the problem of premature ejaculation. When I try intercourse with my Girl Friend, I ejaculate within five seconds of penetration. I realized that I can't satisfy her like this although she won't mention it. I lose my confidence whenever this happens. I even tried keeping myself calm during sex and diverting my thoughts at the time of ejaculation to last long. But none worked. Any help is appreciated.
Last two days I feel my penis not erect Properly. Loos erection. I am watching porn and masturbate. Answer me.
Abdominal discomfort with Diarrhea or Constipation are the important symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome, these two types are more common. The form of stool may be thin, hard, or soft and liquid. Sometimes Constipation alternating with diarrhea also observed. Gas or bloating is very common. Urge to clear bowel after food is also a common symptom. In IBS-C Constipation is a main symptom. Depression, late night working, Consumption of Spicy food makes condition bad. Some people also have urinary symptoms or sexual problems.
It’s not life-threatening, but IBS can be a chronic problem that changes daily life. One has to miss work and may feel less energy in daily activities. Some may like to be bit isolate from social activities.
The bowel muscles spasm that can cause diarrhea or constipation.
Serotonin and Gastrin hormones that, controls signals between the brain and digestive tract.
Imbalance in Bacterial flora in the bowels can lead to the condition
On symptoms and some tests such as:
- Food and lactose intolerance
- Antihypertensive, Iron preparations and certain antacids
- Bowel Infection
- Inflammatory bowel diseases like ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease
- Colonoscopy to look for signs of blockage or inflammation Upper endoscopy
- Blood tests to look for anemia, thyroid problems, and signs of infection
- Stool tests for blood or infections
- To rule out gluten allergy, or celiac disease
Usually, with a few basic changes in diet and activities, IBS will improve over time. Here are some tips to help reduce symptoms:
- Avoid caffeine (in coffee, teas, and sodas).
- Add more fiber to your diet with foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and nuts.
- Drink at least three to four glasses of water per day.
- No smoking or Tobacco chewing.
- Relax, either by Meditation, Yoga postures and light exercise or by reducing stress.
- Limit how much milk and cheese consumption.
- Eat smaller meals more often instead of big meals.
- Common "triggers" are to be avoided like: red peppers, green onions, wine, wheat, and milk.
Consume Kanji=Boiled Rice Water with Cumin= Safed Jeera powder twice or thrice in a day.
Buttermilk with Rock salt and Coriander and Curry patta are beneficial.
Use Ginger, Turmeric and Nutmeg= Jayphal regularly.
Medications: Jatiphaladivati, Gangadhar churna, Lodhrasava, Kutajghanvati etc. under supervision of experts are helpful.
Sunburns are caused due to long stretches of exposure to the sun. People living in tropical countries are more prone to sunburns. The harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun can lead to skin pigmentation that if not treated, can become a permanent skin condition. The worst aspect of sun tanning is that it keeps piling on your skin layer after layer. It is therefore absolutely essential to cover the skin of your face and arms while venturing outdoors.
Medications are effective in certain cases, but in some other cases, the afflicted person's skin is so sensitive that medicated ointments fail to show improvement. Ayurvedic home remedies can be put to use to avoid alarming side effects.
Sunburns are characterized by the following symptoms:
- The affected area is usually hotter than other parts of your skin
- A stinging and itching sensation may develop
- Red and pink patches may be seen on your face and arms or around the neck
- Acute sunburn can even make a person suffer from fevers and fatigue
These Ayurvedic ways can be followed at home to treat sunburns:
- Use black tea to cure sun rashes and sunburns: Refrigerate some black tea if possible. This cold beverage must be applied to the areas that have been harshly affected by the ultraviolet rays of the sun. Applying black tea on your skin multiple times in a day can repair the damage already done.
- Coconut oil is a great way to remove sun tan: Coconut oil has been held in high esteem since ages. It is known for its ability to cure rashes. One must use coconut oil on the red patches every night before going to bed.
- Aloe vera gel can do wonders with your affected skin: Instead of using creams that contain aloe vera; one should use aloe vera gel by extracting it directly from the plant. Aloe vera can heal the burns and can also soothe the burning sensation.
- Cucumber in combination with lemon juice can remedy sunburns: Lemon juice has acidic effects that helps in lightening sun tan. When this juice is used with cucumber paste, the latter cools down an irritated skin area and rejuvenates it from within. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Stress is a mental condition that can be triggered by various factors like personal problems and diseases. Ayurvedic unlike many conventional treatments, has natural treatments and as such is free from side effects. There are multiple treatments in Ayurveda that can be used to treat stress, they are:
- Exercise: Exercising helps in releasing endorphins (feel good hormones) in the body. Exercises like running and swimming can help in treating stress as well as aid in burning calories and keep your weight levels in check. Exercise also helps in boosting your alertness and concentration and thus boosting your overall mental health.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to increase your intake of vitamins and antioxidants. Avoid eating non vegetarian foods as they can lead to accumulation of toxins in the body and cause problems. Include foods like nuts and dark chocolate as they are known as mood boosters. These foods also promote feelings of satiety.
- Practice relaxation techniques: You can practice relaxation techniques like meditation, which helps in calming the mind. Basic meditative techniques like focusing on your breath and practicing mindfulness are very beneficial. They also help you in de-stressing and improving your focus.
- Herbs: You may also include herbs like brahmi that has properties which can reduce stress levels in your body. It can also help in controlling anxiety and stress. It also provides the body with antioxidants that are good for the body as they help in controlling the free radical damage. Ashwagandha is yet another herb that helps in limiting levels of stress and fatigue in the body. It also improves the immune function in the body which means that you will be less prone to diseases.
- Massage therapy: You may opt for massage therapy to reduce stress levels in the body. Use a concoction of various medicated oils to massage your head and body. Massage therapy can improve blood circulation in the body and lead to lower levels of stress.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!