Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. G P N ChandyanYour feedback matters!
Hallo Doctor I am facing HEEL Pain in my left leg last 2 weeks. And also I want to reduce my weight kindly suggest me some home remedies for weight loose and HEEL Pain.
Sir my mother age is 40. Weight is 75 to decrease weight treadmill is better or cycling is better she is also having knee pain. Which one is better?
what should i do i forgot the things very often.. and also i am suffering from pain in my legs what should i do?
I haven't sleep since 2days, I have a severe headache, and back pain because of long travelling. Please help me to do something that will give me relax. What should I do.
Hello there! My mom has pain in her legs for the last few years and we consulted with a doctor and also took medicines but the pain remains the same. Can someone help me out from this problem?
My Palm and feet is paining from last couple of days. Can you explain why and what precaution should I take.
I feel pain in my knees and legs. If I walk for a while I get very much tired and feel pain. I take rest for a long hours also. What should I do to make feel myself healthy. I do not feel strong enough. My age is 23.
I'm 35 yr, 5.4" female, 76 kg. Since 2014-15 i've developed weird pains all over my body (knees, wrist, ankles, center of palms, eye brow area, sometimes fingers etc) I tried many therapies and currently on ayurvedic from last 8 months or so. What foods I should avoided and take. Also what medicines/tests I should go for?
I have gone through spine surgery l4-l5, there is still numbness in my right leg, even after three years.
I have high grade partial tear of acl, more than 50% fascicles of acl disrupted. Grade 1 sprain at femoral attachment of acl. Grade 2 sprain of lateral patellar retinaculum near femoral attachment. Grade 1 injury injury within distal bicep femoris tendon. Hoe much time it will take me to recover? Is surgery needed for acl.
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.