Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ekta Sharma
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Ekta SharmaYour feedback matters!
Continuous Vomiting sensation due to trimester pregnancy. Unable to eat but feeling hungry.Please tell sir .
I am mahesh merit wife k dono breast, ek small hai or ek big bacche ko doodh ek se pilati hai or ek ka nipple chota hai jis se baccha doodh nahi pi sakta dono breasts ka size ek jaisa krne k liye kya krna hoga.
There are 10 classic strategies to be used during pregnancy that can support the health and well-being of mom and baby, and keep the prana and apana vata in balance.
1. Favor Your Cravings. The most important advice is to eat what you naturally desire. Follow a well-balanced diet, with meals including adequate amounts of protein, healthy starch and veggies. Remember, you are eating for two body types, so you should not follow a strict diet for one body type. Honor your unique cravings in moderation, especially after the fourth month when the cravings you experience are more likely those of the baby.
2. Balance Vata. The major theme during pregnancy is to balance vata, the energy of the nervous system. This is best done with a diet of fresh, plant-based, whole or sprouted grains and non-processed foods. Warm, freshly cooked foods with healthy oils of olive, ghee and coconut are good. Avoid eating leftovers as much as possible.
3. Foods to Avoid:
Hot spicy foods
Uncooked leafy greens – as they can cause gas.
Undercooked beans and lentils – which can also cause gas.
Artificial flavors, preservatives and chemical additives
4. Enjoy These Three Tastes. The three tastes that balance vata are sweet, sour and salty. During pregnancy the sweet taste should be most emphasized, because it is the most sattvic or wholesome for the baby. This includes sprouted breads or those cooked without oils, whole grains, rice, fruits and healthy starches like sweet potatoes, quinoa, cooked beets and carrots. These foods are emphasized on the Winter Grocery List.
5. The Right Milk Does a Baby Good. Drink warm, vat-pasteurized (heated under 135 degrees F), non-homogenized milk with ghee made from grass-fed cows. One cup of warm milk with a teaspoon of ghee twice a day is said to boost immunity and the complexion, or “ojas,” of the baby.
6. Daily Massage with an Ayurvedic Herbalized Massage Oil. These oils feed the microbiology on the skin, as well as calm the skin-based sensory nervous system of the mom. The calmer the mom, the calmer the baby. This can be self-massage, or an opportunity to get massaged by a loving partner. Gently massage the abdomen and, in the 8th and 9th months, spend extra time on the nipples to prepare for nursing.
7. Five Tips to Conquer Morning Sickness:
1. Roast cardamom seeds, powder them and eat a small pinch through the day.
2. Snack on dry crackers or toast. It helps to always keep a little food in the stomach.
3. Temporarily eat from the Spring Grocery List or Kapha-Reducing Diet.
4. Sip tea made of 1/4 tsp. ginger powder and/or fennel seeds and hot water.
5. Try sleeping in a semi-reclined position by putting a pillow between the box spring and the mattress.
8. Get Gentle Daily Exercise. A great way to get this is to walk for 30 minutes each day.
9. Rest Up. In the 8th month, you should get as much rest as possible. This is a delicate time when the subtle nutrient fluid called “ojas” that supports vitality, complexion and immunity is passed between the mother and baby.
10. The MOST important pregnancy principle is to remember to be happy. The partner’s job during this time is to keep the mama-to-be happy. Of course, the mom must practice daily acts of happiness as well. The partner should avoid travel, be home in the evenings and fulfill every desire of the mother-to-be.
I am 23 years unmarried I hv both side pcod m 46 kg. Can I get pregnant? My fsh and lh are normal. Amh os 9.irregular periods does my ovaries produce eggs or not?
Hi. I had foreplay with my partner, on her 10th day of mensuration cycle, during foreplay I touched her vagina (labia majora/minora) with my penis for 3 - 4 secs (this happened 2 to 3 times, which was moist (due to precum). No intercourse happened, and also I had urinated 2-3 times, in last 4 hr, before we foreplayed. So is there chances of pregnancy? Also which day of mensuration pregnancy possible? And is precum could cause pregnancy in above case?
My name is Parul Aggarwal, I am an obstetrician and gynaecologist. Basically, I deal with high-risk pregnancy, I have expertise in gynae laparoscopy surgery. Today I will be talking about a very general topic, about food to avoid during pregnancy. As we know that pregnancy though is a good news, it brings a good news in our family but it raises much anxieties in our mind. First a fall the thing which came to our mind is what all to eat, what to avoid, what to do what not to do during the pregnancy. So today I will try to clear some of the queries regarding the food to be eaten during the pregnancy. Eating healthy and a well-balanced food though are necessary for every phase of life but more though during the pregnancy. During pregnancy, we get much counselling like a mother in law, like a sister in law, everybody every dam person will give you advice regarding what to eat, what not to eat. But first a fall let me tell you pregnancy is a physiology condition please doesn’t be afraid of it, you can enjoy the pregnancy. It’s not like, if you are having you are restricted to eat few things and you are not allowed to enjoy your food. This only that, few things which we have to be careful about. So there is a certain list which has to be avoided completely like raw papaya and pineapple in food should be avoided because they contain which could lead to uterine contraction and which lead to abortion. So raw papaya and pineapple these two foods are the only foods which need to be avoided during pregnancy otherwise you can all other food apple, grapes everything. But yeah, the main things which remain that you have to wash your vegetables and fruits properly so that there no pesticides remain, you buy it from the decent place and wash it properly. Then we concern to certain fruits like, like certain spices like jaise heeng, we should avoid heeng during pregnancy but if you are taking in a moderate, in a very small quantity in your khichdi.
If you using it in a small quantity then it is not a problem, but a large quantity of heeng can lead to abortion. So try to avoid heeng in your daily food items. And other foods like raw egg should be avoided anything which is made from raw egg like many deserts are made from raw egg like myonese, cheese, then your mouses, then your cakes all should be avoided during pregnancy just for the simple reason raw egg can carry salmon agus which can lead to typhoid during your pregnancy. Then we should also avoid high intake of salt, you should not take anything raw, all should not be consume whether it is vegetable, milk, egg, meat anything that raw things should not be consume. And then street food, lets we come to street food though we all know that in pregnancy we have a lot of cravings for the spicy and tangy foods like tikki, gol gappa and all this. All these things should be avoided actually, basically, the street food is normally low hygienic food you can get many infections. If you want to have it, just made it at home and then have it. Don’t consume it from the street. And then we also asked you to avoid Chinese food because it contains MSG and Ajinomoto which can lead to deformities in the fetal, so it should be avoided but if you have taken in a small quantity till now don’t worry, just avoid it in future. And the last piece of advice is that you should eat small and frequent meals, keep yourself well hydrated. You can enjoy your food but keep it safe, buy it from a nice place, wash it properly and don’t consume the raw. Thank you, these are the small things regarding food, if you want to consult anything you can contact me through Lybrate.