Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Have you ever wondered what to look when you are shopping for a right brush for yourself. We always read the contents, calorie intake etc etc when you buy something to eat but then why choose anything when it comes to taking care of your oral hygiene.
So, here are some tips you need to observe while buying a toothbrush for yourself
1. It should always be SOFT TOOTHBRUSH- No matter how delicate it might look , remember you are cleaning your teeth not your clothes. So never buy a hard or a medium brush. This is always written on either extreme top or extreme bottom of the toothbrush you are buying. Remember, it should be a soft toothbrush.
2. Any branded company recognised by the American Dental Association will do . I am not promoting a brand but remember to choose a good company because that will usually follow the guidelines followed by ADA to design a toothbrush.
3. Have additional features- Features you need are Gum Stimulators( for massaging the gums), 360 degree cleaning . If you are wearing braces, make sure you have a specially designed orthodontic brush for yourself.
So, i hope next time if i see you in the grocery store you know what to buy..
I am a 3rd year dentistry student under ortho treatment. I had my braces on 9th April 2016 for correction of edge to edge malocclusion. All my teeth are in good alignment. I wanted to know if the acid-etching technique will have negative impact on my tooth surface. Also I am experiencing unbearable pain same as during the eruption of third molar. I have all 32 teeth and mine is a non extraction case. How much time will it take approximately to get my braces off? Will taking Calton help in case of pain?
Hi, my new teeth got infected. Should I remove it or go for treatment. Which one is best currently its not paining thog.
Clove is a commonly known spice, which is native to the Asian cuisine. They are dried flower buds of a tree from the family of Myrtaceae. These buds are known to be harvested originally in Maluku Islands in Indonesia. The cloves are aromatic and is known to lend a sweet and earthy flavor to food. Historically, cloves have been used both for culinary and medicinal uses. As a culinary spice, clove is used in meat dishes, curries, drinks and marinades. It is widely used in Indian, Chinese, African and South Asian cuisine.
Cloves have amazing medicinal properties. The bud has been widely recognized as a wonder bud packed with health benefits. In India, cloves are an important element of Ayurvedic medicine. It’s warm and soothing properties are beneficial for treating digestive tract problems. Clove oil is used in aromatherapy and can also be used as an ant repellent, due to its strong smell.
Clove oil is extracted from cloves and contains a chemical compound called Eugenol. This compound not only lends aroma to the spice, but also possesses analgesic, antibacterial, antiseptic and anesthetic properties. It is for this reason, clove oil is used extensively in dentistry as an anodyne (A pain reliever). Its antiseptic and antibacterial properties are beneficial in treating infections and its anesthetic qualities are extremely helpful in relieving pain.
In painful teeth conditions like an abscessed tooth, infections, gum disease or even cavities, toothache can range from mild to sharp shooting and almost unbearable pain. The patient suffering from such conditions is usually put on antibiotics, thus, it is wise to recommend using Ayurvedic clove oil or Eugenol oil as it is commonly known for its pain relief properties. Eugenol helps in providing relief from pain by arresting the nerve tissues, causing a local anesthetic effect. However, it is strongly advised to use clove oil only under the guidance of a dentist.
Since Clove oil can alter blood sugar levels and is warm in nature and is not recommended for patients suffering from diabetes or bleeding disorders. Caution must be exercised as overuse of clove oil can cause nerve damage. If using at home, it is better to mix 2 to 3 drops of the clove oil along with half a teaspoon of olive oil and then apply the mixture to the painful area. The oil can also be applied using a cotton ball on the painful tooth with the help of tweezers; however, it is important that one should not keep the oil for more than 10 seconds on the affected area. It is also important not to swallow any oil as it can be harmful for your health. Drinking clove tea or chewing a clove till it releases its oil is much safer and effective way to use it, than using a clove oil.
So, next time you have a toothache, do not suffer. Try this medicinal gift, but stay safe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am a 30 year old male & I have 2 problem wright now 1. Bad smell is coming from my mouth. 2. Hydraucil without surgery, is there any natural treatment.
When I wake up in the morning my mouth is very dry,may i request to inform me reason & remedy,( Age 72 years).
I am 26 years old. I put clip for my teeth for the past 5 years. I removed my clip before six month. They gave me a plastic temporary clip. Now I feel that my teeth are moving still I didnot use my front teeth to eat or bite any thing. What should I do ?
Dental care is a part of human health which is often overlooked by a majority of the population. Teeth form a very important part of our body and not just for cosmetic reasons but for utilitarian reasons as well. It is important to maintain the health of our teeth at all times.
What is Tooth Enamel?
Tooth enamel is the tough outer covering of any teeth that is visible outside the gums. This is the layer which protects the nerve endings and is one of the strongest materials in the human body. This part of your teeth is especially susceptible to stress. While we eat, drink, chew, this is the layer that most exposed to damage and if eroded can cause permanent damage as well. Tooth enamel decay is mostly caused by a diet high in starches and sugar, excessive consumption of soft drinks, and excessive alcohol consumption, to name a few.
How can you keep your tooth enamel healthy and strong?
You can restore the health of your tooth enamel by implementing the following habits:
- Changing to a healthy diet - Changing to a low sugar diet will definitely improve the health of your enamel besides providing fewer chemicals, which are mainly responsible for tooth enamel decay.
- Using straws while consuming highly acidic drinks such a fruit juices - Straws are a great way to have highly acidic drinks like fruit juices without bothering your teeth and thus keeping enamel protected.
- Keeping the body hydrated - It is also important to keep the body hydrated to allow the formation of saliva properly. People with dry mouth often suffer from issues related to the tooth enamel and the best way to prevent it from happening this is by drinking plenty of water.
- Using a fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash - Using mouthwashes and toothpaste containing fluoride helps in building up tooth enamel as well helps in keeping teeth healthy.
Related Tip: The Chemistry between Calcium and Teeth