Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.Aparna ChaturvediYour feedback matters!
What diet I can take after one month of c section. After delivery I hv a crAmp in my left side nd pain goes through hips to ankle doc give me medicine by no relief. having problem in sitting nd walking. Can I do massage or any exercise.
Hello sir. I would like to know that can we tighter our vagina. My friend had done many times sex that's why her vagina becomes loose. She is unmarried. Age 24. Can she tighten her vagina without surgery. If yes, then in how many days it tighten.
What is vaginal dryness and how can it affect you?
Vaginal dryness is often a result of menopause and it is capable of affecting women of any age. Although it feels like a minor irritation, it can have a huge impact on a person's sex life. Normally, the vaginal walls are lubricated with a layer of clear fluid. The 'oestrogen' hormone is used to maintain this thin layer of fluid, thus keeping the vaginal lining thick, elastic and healthy. However, menopause brings about a condition known as vaginal atrophy, which is a drop in the levels of oestrogen and this greatly reduces the level of vaginal moisture that is available. Improper lubrication of the vagina can result in painful sex which in turn affects libido, arousal and desire.
Treatment: The most common treatment for this condition resulting from low levels of oestrogen is Topical oestrogen therapy. In this, hormones which are no longer secreted by the body are replaced by the topical oestrogen. Even though Topical Oestrogen Therapy is helpful in relieving the symptoms of vaginal dryness, the treatment pales in comparison to oral oestrogen hormone therapy (HT).
Usually, women mostly use one of the three types of vaginal oestrogen listed below:
- Vaginal oestrogen tablet: A tablet is inserted into the vagina using a disposable applicator. The procedure is carried out once daily during the initial two weeks of treatment, after which it can be inserted twice a week.
- Vaginal oestrogen ring: A soft and flexible ring is inserted inside the vagina, either by the patient or the doctor. Oestrogen, in the form of a steady stream, is then released directly to the vaginal tissues by this ring. Replacement of this ring is done every three months.
- Vaginal oestrogen cream: An applicator is used to apply cream to the vagina daily. The frequency of application can be reduced as per doctor's advice.
Side effects and aftercare: Side effects such as breast pain and vaginal bleeding are common when any form of oestrogen product is used. Vaginal moisturisers should be used to keep the vagina lubricated. Use of water-based lubricants during sex can make it more enjoyable. Use of bubble baths, scented soaps, douches and lotions around the sensitive area of the vagina should be avoided as these products can worsen the problem.
2) avoiding pets which have excessive shedding cycle
3) avoid dust accumulation in the house as far as practical.
4) dusting vaccuming etc should be done with windows open and wearing a face mask.
5) cleaning air conditioner dust filters every two weeks with soap and water (just servicing every 3/6 months is inadequate to deal with the dust build up.
6) change pillow covers and other bedding materials regularly. Give them for airing.
7) steam inhalation regularly (for adults and older children) even during asymptomatic period.