Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Dp SinghYour feedback matters!
Doctor After a full month fasting I am getting problem In stomach & in properly motion , some wound appeared in anus area, I didn't feel like this before, so please prescribe me or reply a advice Thanking you
I masturbate 4 to 5 times. Should I have problem in future. I can't able to control my self while masturbating.
I Am Prateik 23, I have been continuously suffering from cold ND cough for around 20 days. Now I m having some kind of irritation in my throat. What should I do.
I'm an Indian, 17 years, male. I masturbate almost regularly. What are the possible adverse effects that might affect my health?
I am having allergy on my face. It is like as a circle of white colour. I am having psoriasis in my head. I have taken my many medicine but I could not get rid off it. Once it looks gone but after some time it returns back. Suggest me what can I eat in my daily meal so that it completely away from me for forever.
My nose is always blocked. I'm using otrivin everyday to get relief is there any option to cure blocked nose. I'm using otrivin for last 5 years?
Hello, I have been suffering from headaches since last few days. I have also taken medicines but it's aching again and again. What should I do?
Which are the std's you can get from receiving oral sex? Is there any chance if someone has not received more than 1 min.
I want to tell you about my problem of acidity which continue from the last four months the doctor advised me to take some medicines but no medicines were effected so please tell me the right solution.
Suffering from sugar recently taken reports fasting serum glucose result 228 mg/dl and post breakfast 360 mg/dl. What precautions to be taken to control and which type of food to be intake.
Hives, also called urticaria are swollen welts or bumps that appear on your skin suddenly.
They itch, burn and sting and can happen anywhere on your body. You can get them on your face, lips, tongue, ears or chest. And in size, they can be as small as an eraser to as large as a plate. They also form plaques and can last for hours or up to several days.
- Acute urticaria - These type of hives last less than six weeks. The most common causes are allergies due to certain foods and medications, or infections. These hives can also happen due to diseases or insect bites.
- Chronic urticaria - Hives lasting more than six weeks come under this category. What causes them is usually more difficult to identify than what causes acute urticaria. In some cases, chronic hives are caused due to thyroid disease, hepatitis or even cancer. This type can affect your internal organs like lungs, muscles, and the gut. Thus, symptoms include muscle soreness, shortness of breath, vomiting, and diarrhoea.
- Physical urticaria - These types are caused due to direct physical stimulation of the skin due to cold, heat, sun exposure, vibration, pressure, sweating, and exercise.
What causes hives?
Hives happen mostly due to allergies. Some of the common hive triggers are-
Certain foods, especially peanuts, eggs, nuts and shellfish- Fresh foods are more likely to cause hives as compared to cooked foods. Certain food additives and preservatives can also play culprits. Medicines like penicillin and sulfa- based antibiotics, aspirin and ibuprofen which are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications, high blood pressure drugs like ACE inhibitors, and painkillers such as codeine can also trigger hives. Other things that may cause it are:
- Insect bites
- Transfusion of blood
- Bacterial infections, including urinary tract infections and infected throat
- Viral infections- common cold and hepatitis
- Pollen grains
- Plants like poison oak and poison ivy
- Cold weather
- Pet dander
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.