Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dolly Bagai
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dolly BagaiYour feedback matters!
As we all know that IVF stands for In vitro fertilisation. It is a method of stimulating the ovaries in a female body, to release an ovum (egg), which is taken out of the body and fertilised artificially in the laboratory with the help of a sperm. After this, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus where it grows and develops naturally.
Understanding the Procedure
- The doctor attempts to have complete control over your menstrual and ovulation cycles, so as to know the correct time of the month when you ovulate. This includes, charting basal body temperatures, hormonal therapy drugs etc.
- Frequent blood tests, ultrasound will be required to map the progress of ovulation.
- Injections, drugs will be prescribed in required dosage to stimulate the ovaries.
- During this time, the doctors will monitor the growth of oocytes (eggs).
- After a suitable growth of the oocytes follicles, the eggs are retrieved for artificial insemination. (Fertilisation with the use of sperm cells in the laboratory).
- After the successful fertilisation, the embryo is transferred back to the uterus.
Can IVF have side effects?
- As a side effect it has a major chance of multiple pregnancies. People intending to have just one child, may not be mentally or economically prepared to take the responsibility of more than one child.
- The drugs and medicines used throughout the IVF procedure may create hormonal complications in the long run. It bears a risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, if the mother has to go through the cycle multiple times.
But it offers a number of benefits too...
- IVF increases the chance of pregnancy by a large percentage. It is one of the most successful methods of boosting fertility and pregnancy.
- Couples, who have repeatedly failed to bear children naturally, can opt for this treatment to produce their own offspring.
- In case the couples are completely infertile, donor eggs or sperms may be used in the process. However, in that case, the offspring will not bear the DNA of both parents.
- IVF can greatly reduce the chance of surgery on the fallopian tubes.
- IVF also provides an opportunity to choose the healthiest embryos before implanting it back in the uterus. A procedure, known as the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis, determines the presence of any abnormal genes or other chromosomal absurdity.
- The procedure of IVF has a very high success rate and with technological advancements in the field of medicine, it has also become much safer.
- IVF allows women, who go into premature menopause, to be able to bear a child. This treatment is mostly for women who decide to experience motherhood at a slightly older age.
- It is extremely helpful for women who have their fallopian tubes damaged, blocked or surgically removed.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sex drive is nothing, but the desire to have sexual interaction, but this desire might get badly affected by several reasons. Lower sex-drive can be found both in women and men, but the reasons might vary at times. In this case, sexual thoughts can be decreased as a result of which you will not get the energy and enthusiasm in getting physical with your partner.
Probable causes for a lower sex-drive
Excessive medications: If you are taking excessive drugs, then your sexual desire might get badly affected. There are many medicines that can invite libido loss as a result of which sexual desire gets decreased. Therefore, you should take only prescribed drugs , but with limited dosage only. Sometimes, excessive intake of antidepressants may cause the libido to decrease a lot.
Unhealthy lifestyle: If you are addicted to smoking or alcohol consumption, then you will face a completely unhealthy lifestyle, and this might lead to a decrease in the libido amount in both males and females.
Excessive stress: If your mind is filled with acute stress, depression and tension due to either personal or professional affairs, then you will never be able to concentrate on sexual arousal part and thus your sex life will get greatly hampered. This is the reason you have to regulate your mental stress so that you can get erotic thoughts in your mind.
Relationship troubles: If you have got relationship troubles due to misunderstandings, then you will never be able to enjoy your sex life peacefully. Sexual thoughts will not hit your mind and thus you will not get involved in any physical interaction with your partners. Therefore, you have to resolve all misunderstandings with your partner and then only you can get a successful love life.
Hormonal problems: Hormonal fluctuations often lead to decrease in libido and thus sexual desire gets badly affected. You can now get necessary treatments so that sexual hormones can be effectively balanced.
Age: With the increase in age, desire for lovemaking automatically gets decreased and this is quite common. Not only your energy levels will get decreased, but your testosterone levels will also get diminished and thus you will feel tired and will not be able to participate in sexual interaction.
Chronic medical conditions: If you have got any chronic diseases or health issues, then also your sex life will get interrupted and you will not have the desire to have sex. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I am getting severe backache. Last time I consulted the gynic. She told that I was suffering with viaganal infection. Whenever I use that course its reducing and again I am getting the pain. Also after intercourse also I am getting backache.
One of the silent diseases in the female population, endometriosis can be symptomless for years and sometimes even decades, but can sometimes manifest itself quickly. The uterus is lined on the inner side by a tissue known as endometrium. When this tissue is found in other parts (fallopian tubes, abdomen, near the ovaries, etc., it is known as endometriosis.
Causes: The exact cause for endometriosis is not clear. There is a possibility that during the regular period, there could be spilling of the tissue back into the fallopian tube, from where it reaches the ovaries or other organs and gets implanted.
There are certain predisposing factors for a woman to develop this condition, including genetic correlation and non-menopausal women. The female hormone estrogen is essential for the development of endometriosis. There are also immunological reasons attributed to the development. It can range from minimal to mild to moderate to severe.
Symptoms: From being completely benign to causing severe pain, endometriosis can present itself in varying ways. The implanted tissue can be minimal like a small lump to large clumps. The symptoms are not dependent on the size of the implanted tissue, however,
- Painful menstruation: One of the most common causes of non-menstrual cramps, the pain is different from usual menstrual pain, starts a few days before the period and can last up to after the period.
- Pelvic pain: One of the most common causes of pelvic pain, this can happen wherever the implanted tissue is. In severe cases, this tissue can also bind different organs, forming what are called adhesions. The bladder or the bowels may adhere to the uterus. These are more painful than individual lumps of tissue outside the uterus.
- Intermenstrual bleeding: There could be spotting to severe bleeding between the regular cycles.
- Painful sex: There is a deep pain within the pelvis and it can lead to losing interest in sex.
- Infertility: The most severe symptom and complication is not being able to become pregnant.
Diagnosis: A detailed patient history, discussion on symptoms followed by ultrasound and laparoscopy can help in diagnosing endometriosis.
Treatment: If there is no symptom and fertility is not an issue, then it is possible that no treatment is required. However, depending on symptoms and complications, the following are done.
- If pain is the only main problem, painkillers are administered
- Surgical treatment may be required if there is severe bleeding and adhesions complicating the situation.
This will also relieve other symptoms:
- Hormone therapy is also an option for treating endometriosis.
- If you are having pelvic pain and irregular bleeding, bring it up with your doctor. Even if it is not endometriosis, a thorough check up will put your mind at rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.