Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Divya AggarwalYour feedback matters!
My mother is having a knee pain while walking due to loss of bones calcium please recommend a medicine to get the calcium in bones.
I am of the age 69 years & I faces with osteoarthritis. LOWER BACK PAIN, I am USING A CREAM BLUE EMMO made in USA. please advice. I am diabetes patient, but that is under control.
Hi sir, my left knee injured in sports I do 2 time operations. Grade iv medical femoral condyle (12: 20mm) over weight bearing area. Arthroscopic lavage with debridement with chondral biopsy left knee down. But I do slowly running continue the pain. Why sir please tell me.
I am 39 years old female .After my delivery 12 years ago I got the problem of sleeplessness (insomnia ). Because of anxiety & over sensitive nature. I went to allopathic doc (psychiatric)& they gave me antidepressants for years. Now I felt medicines hv done a major damage in my health .I want to switch over to homeopathy medicines. My question is - Is the any permanent cute in homeopathy without side effects & any dependence on medicines. Thanks.
Hello Dr. I'm suffering form (Arthritis) last 1 year I also consult a Dr. He give a medicine but don't effects seriously. So Dr. What I do?
I am having pain in my right foot the sometimes ankle some times front side of my foot and knee also it becomes stiff I can't sit comfortable even in car while sitting I have to literally pick my leg at night also I have stiffness in knee got checked tsh, uric acid and esr and have shown to some doctor he said it is ok, if I try to do cycling or some exercises it gives more pain.
I have problem in my knee while walking on the road. please help me how can I walk without any problem.
I am 48 have a cartilage and meniscus tear on my left Knee.I haven't thought of any surgery for the last 10 years and have been walking and running so long. Recently last 6 months when I start to walk a short distance I get a pain on my calf muscles i need to wait for a few a minute to continue to walk I did see a doc for other issues where they told me I have a Vitamin D deficiency and under medication for this.However when we did take a scan it was noticed that there was insufficient blood flow to my lower hips and I been been given Tabs for diluting or thinning the Blood. Is this pain due to this or because of my Knee Problem. Suggest a good Doc in Bangalore Thanks for the help
The bones and joints orchestrate very well with each other for smooth movements of various joints and the spine. However, due to various reasons, some identified and others unknown, there could be inflammation of the areas where the bones join the muscles leading to impaired movement. The range of motion could be reduced or it could be painful, thereby, limiting movement. Spondyloarthritis includes a group of inflammatory diseases that involves the bones and joints and enthuses which are areas where the ligaments and tendons attach to the bones. This causes conditions like plantar fasciitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and reactive arthritis. The term spondyloarthritis is a blanket term to describe any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Read on to know a little more in detail about it:
Causes: While the exact etiology is not identified for sure, most patients with spondyloarthritis have an autosomal dominant gene (HLA-B27). Chronic infections could trigger the onset of the disease too.
1. In all forms of spondyloarthritis, there is always inflammation of the spine, joints and entheses. If the fingers or toes are involved, there could be swelling leading to what are typically known as 'sausage digits'.
2. There is sacroiliitis which is inflammation of the joint between the pelvis and the spine, and spondylitis which is inflammation of the joints between the spines. 3. Family history and autosomal dominant gene.
A detailed medical history and physical examination form the cornerstone of a confirmed diagnosis. In addition, radiographic examination and diagnostic blood tests also could be done to confirm the diagnosis. Radiographs, especially, of the spine and the low back show typical changes including sacroilitis in suspected cases of spondyloarthritis. If the spine does not show these changes, but there is a high likelihood of spondyloarthritis, then MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
As a final step, a blood test for the HLA-B27 gene can also be confirmatory. However, it is not true that a person with the gene will definitely develop the disease.
- The most important aspect of treatment is the use of pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which help manage pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections may sometimes be given directly into the joint spaces or the membranes to provide quick relief of these symptoms.
- ESWT / RSWT has a definite role to cure enthesopathy. Plantar fasciitis, and achillodynia can be cured with ESWT. Even small joints of hand and feet are amenable to treatment with RSWT. It is nonoperative and noninvasive treatment and has no side effects.
- Very rarely, stronger drugs such as methotrexate or sulfasalazine may be used.
- Another set of drugs known as TNF-blockers (tumor necrotizing factor blockers) are also shown to be highly effective in controlling the pain of the spine and joints.
- In very severe cases, surgery may be required to correct joint damages or correct severe degenerative changes.
- Exercise plays a very vital role in controlling the issue and improving range of motion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.