Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dipti Kumari
Submit a review for Dr. Dipti KumariYour feedback matters!
Testosterone is a powerful hormone, with the ability to control sex drive, regulate sperm production, promote muscle mass, increase energy, and even influence human behavior (such as aggression and competitiveness). It’s no wonder that a decrease in testosterone would cause quite a stir. However, it is a natural part of aging.
In the womb
Testosterone plays an important role in shaping the developing fetus during pregnancy. It drives the development of the male reproductive system. Testosterone also masculinizes the brain. Testosterone levels have to fall within a very narrow margin in order for the fetal brain to be healthy. High levels of fetal testosterone may be linked to autism. Low levels of fetal testosterone may boost your chances of getting alzheimer’s disease later in life.
Adolescence to early adulthood
Testosterone levels are at their highest during adolescence and early adulthood. The first physical signs of testosterone, or androgens, in the body are apparent during puberty. A boy’s voice changes, his shoulders broaden, and his facial structure becomes more masculine. But as men get older, their testosterone levels decline about 1 percent per year after age 30.
Testosterone and aging
Low testosterone levels can cause changes in sexual function, including:
Reduced sexual desire, or low libido
Fewer spontaneous erections
Impotence (erectile dysfunction)
Other signs of decreased testosterone levels include:
Changes in sleep patterns
Emotional changes, such as low self-confidence or lack of motivation
Physical changes, like increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density
The normal range of testosterone levels in healthy adult males is between 280 to 1, 100 nanograms per deciliter (ng/dl).
While the symptoms described here are considered a normal part of aging, they could also be signs of several underlying factors. These include:
A reaction to certain medications
Thyroid gland disorders
Excessive alcohol use
The best time of day to have a blood sample taken for a testosterone test is around 8 a.m.
I am 30 years with PCOS, currently on metformin 1500 and folic acid. I am not overweight and the cervical mucus is regular however periods are yet to regularize, am I ovulating? Can I conceive naturally?
I am 28 years old married lady. Last year I had 2 misscarages back to back one in March and another in August all tests were done but all were normal except thyroid which was 5.7 last time. Recently I did my tsh which is showing result as 27.35 is it possible what next I should do I was on 75 mg thyroid medicine kindly help.
I am 36 weeks pregnant for my 2nd child, and I am getting numbness in my hands where sometimes I find it very difficult to lift things also and the numbness is more in my right hand. My gynae had suggested to take nurokind tablets but still I would like to know that whether is it a normal problem during pregnancy.
I want to reduce my post delivery Weight When can I start as I delivered my baby on 19 July 2016 normal delivery and what are home remedies which I can follow now.
During the intercourse I am unable to enter my penis in to my wife vagina, she has a small and tight vaginal opening and whereas my penis is big. Due to this she is very afraid even when I am trying to insert my finger in to her vagina to make her vaginal opening bigger. I am able to insert only one finger and I am unable to insert my second finger. I observed that inside her vagina at the top there is a wall like structure called hymen My wife is very much interested in sex but her hole is very small, my question is that how long should I keep trying like this with my wife to make her vaginal hole bigger? Right now I am able to insert only one finger into her vagina. I have another problem while I try to insert my penis into her vagina I loose my erection some time. Please tell me how can I keep the erection for a longer time?
I am getting blood inside my vagina since last 2 month continuously. I am 26 year old unmarried girl. Please suggest me what shall I do. I. E. Why my weight is also increasing.
For some women, a period can be more than just uncomfortable. There are a number of menstrual problems that could affect women. These range from irregular periods to excessive bleeding and premenstrual syndrome. The good news is that homeopathy can be used to effectively treat these problems. Homeopathy is a holistic form of treatment that addresses the root cause of the problem instead of the symptoms. Additionally, it has negligible side effects.
Here are a few homeopathic forms of treatment for menstrual problems:
- Sepia: Sepia can be used to treat late menstruation as well as scanty blood flow. It is also helpful is the period is accompanied by pain and a sense of weight in the pelvic area and lower back. This can also be used to treat irritability and depression.
- Pulsatilla: Pulsatilla is helpful in cases where menstrual bleeding causes substantial weight fluctuations, bloating and water retention. It can also be used to treat irregular periods and scanty or excess blood flow. Pulsatilla is also used as a form of treatment for the severe griping pains that can accompany menstrual flow.
- Cimicifuga: This is used to treat irregular periods and painful periods. It also treats mental unrest, nervousness and irritability triggered by menstruation.
- Lycopodium: In some cases, delayed menses can last longer than normal and have an abnormally heavy blood flow. In such cases, lycopodium is an effective homeopathic remedy.
- Belladonna: Excessive menstrual bleeding and early menses can be treated with belladonna. This type of menses is also accompanied by intense pain that is relieved by standing and cramps in the back and arms. Belladonna is also extremely useful in acute cases of endometriosis and inflammation of the ovaries.
- Creosote: Excessive blood flow that is intermittent and preceded by abdominal bloating can be treated using Creosote. This blood flow is usually dark brown in colour and accompanied by an offensive odor. Creosote can also be used against ulcerations in the female genital organs, burning pain and soreness.
- Helonias: Pain extending from the back of the uterus and loss of muscle strength in the genital organs can be treated with helonias. It can also be used to treat leucorrhoea or dark, offensive vaginal discharge as well as displacement of the uterus.
When prescribing medication for a menstrual problem, a homeopathic doctor not only looks at the symptoms presented but also the personality and lifestyle of the patient. Hence what suits one person may not have the same effect on another. Hence, if you are facing a menstrual problem, it is best to consult a doctor at the earliest.