Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dinesh Pancholi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh PancholiYour feedback matters!
In order to have proper information about ovarian cysts, it is essential to discuss the anatomy of ovaries. These are basically a part of the female reproductive system and are located in the lower abdomen on the two sides of the uterus. The major functions of ovaries are production of eggs, oestrogen and progesterone hormones.
So what exactly are cysts? Cysts are fluid-filled sacks, which sometimes develop on the ovaries. These are usually painless, causing no such symptom and females develop a cyst at least once every year. However, there are various kinds of ovarian cysts like the dermoid cysts and endometrioma cysts. The most common kinds of cysts are usually the functional ones. The types of follicle cysts include the following:
- Follicle cyst: When the menstrual cycle starts, the egg grows in a sac, usually called follicle, which is located inside the ovary. In usual cases, the follicle breaks and the egg is released. However, there might be a case where the follicle may not break. In situations like these, the fluid present in the follicle may turn into cysts in the ovary.
- Corpus leuteum: After the egg is released into the uterus, the follicle ideally dissolves. However, in case the follicle does not dissolve, the excess liquid causes the developing of little sacs and these are the other kinds of cysts.
Most of these tumors are benign (non-cancerous) and never spread beyond the ovary. Benign tumors can be treated by removing either the ovary or the part of the ovary that contains the tumor.
Malignant (cancerous) or low malignant potential ovarian tumors can spread (metastasize) to other parts of the body and can be fatal.
There are some more types of cysts as well, which are as follows:
- Dermoid cyst: This is a sac-like growth, which occurs on the ovaries that can contain hair, fat or other tissues. They’re a type of ovarian germ cell tumor. Usually these tumors are benign, but occasionally they can be malignant.
- Endometriomas: These are those tissues, which should originally grow inside the uterus, but instead they attach themselves outside the uterus to the ovaries. This in turn results in cyst formation.
- Cystadenomas: These are basically non-cancerous growths that develop on the ovary surface.
Polycystic ovary syndrome
This is a condition that some women develop, a large number of small cysts form inside the ovaries, thereby causing the ovaries to enlarge. It is important that polycystic ovarian syndrome is treated soon because if left untreated for long, it may cause infertility in women. These cysts are usually not harmful, but they can cause the following:
- Hormonal imbalance, which may lead to acne or facial hair, may also cause individuals to stop ovulating or cause irregular periods
- Higher chance of getting diabetes as the body starts having insulin resistance
- Weight gain
This is not that big a deal and can be controlled easily. Also with healthy living and eating, this condition can be brought to normal. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I've left over marks of the nail scartches on the face. It makes my face look worse. What should I do?
My mother is about 85 years old and totally immobilized. She takes Acitrom 2mg and 1 mg alternative day. She has DVT in both leg. Now recent threat on bedsore on her back near spinal chord. Any infection will increase PT INR ratio. Last week she had a bleeding in mouth and PT INR was 9. Now after hospitalization with FFB about 5 units her PT INR comes to 2.5. Pl. Advise why sudden increase in PT INR to 9.
My face pigmentation and sunburn discoloration due to steroid cream uses please suggest me best remedies please.
Aesthetic medicine is a developing branch of medicine and scientific research. The objective is to cosmetically enhance an individual's physical appearance with nominally invasive procedures. It is a modern field and is not just restricted to plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Most medical specialists can offer services in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The major types of procedures and techniques are:
1. Surgical techniques
- Liposuction: This is a surgical cosmetic technique, which is used to remove fat from certain areas of the body to re-shape the body and reduce weight.
- Facelifts: A facelift is a surgical procedure, which is done to restore the healthy and youthful features of the skin by injecting dermal fillers (soft tissue) into the hollow or sagging parts of the face or neck.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this medical procedure, a radio wave produces electric current and eliminates the diseased or non-functional tissues. The technique has applications outside aesthetic medicine too, such as treating tumors, chronic pain, heart problems, etc.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are surgically removed from a donor site and implanted on the recipient side to cover up bald spots. The hair follicles are taken from the patient and so, the grafted hair continues its natural growth after surgery.
2. Non-Surgical techniques
- Radio frequency skin tightening: This is a non-surgical alternative to facelifts and it produces the connective tissues (collagen and elastin) in order to remodel the tissues and tighten the skin of the face and the neck.
- Chemical peel: A chemical peel is a type of skin treatment, which is used to smoothen and improve the texture of skin. It is especially done for the facial skin to remove lines, folds and wrinkles. The procedure causes the dead skin cells to peel off and the new skin that appears is more even and youthful.
- Non-surgical liposuction: This procedure is done using laser energy and ultrasound and the subcutaneous fat cells are eliminated. There is no suction, incision or injection involved.These techniques are of lower risk as compared to surgical weight loss procedures.
- Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal: The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure involves a spectrum of wavelengths (similar to those of a light bulb), which are targeted at the skin and some of the wavelengths can remove body hair. Laser hair removal is slightly more effective than IPL because it involves a focused beam of light in one specific wavelength, which targets the hair follicles of your skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
How my hair becomes black they become white at this stage and my face is full of scars how I get out of it, I have so many pimples on my face? Please suggest some natural way.
Only my hands getting black, I used allobera diet jel and also lemon, but I didn't get any result, what should I do? please help. Thank you.
Tip for Instant Skin Glow
Homeremedy: Take 1 tbs. Of lemon juice and 1 tbs. Of honey. Mix it till the honey dissolves properly. Moisten your face and apply it on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Both honey and lemon work together to make your skin glow instantly. Wash your face thoroughly with cold water and follow your skin care regime.
Wishing you all a day full of love and laughter.
#valentines #day #special #love #laughter #celebration #quick #skintip #homeremedy #honey #lemon #glow #radiant #skin #body #hair #care #skintips #dermatologist #clinic #delhi #appleskin