Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dinesh KausikYour feedback matters!
Hi my daughter is 6 plus and last month she was discharged from the hospital after antibactrial treatment was given to her since she was having cough and high fever and her wbc count gone very high so doctor kept her in the hosptial and discharged her after 5 days. Though I noticed a mild cough had never gone and when i asked doctor he said its mild and will go away. But now after a month her fever has come back with mild cough you can say she coughs 6 to 7 times in a day, but in the night she sleeps comfortablly without any cough. Pl. Suggest what is this, I am very tensed now.
My son is 7 years old. He is thin. Every after 4 to 5 days, he is suffering from cold and then cough. What I will do and what I give to him to improve his health. What is the best drink like bournvita, pediasure or horlick etc.
I am a mother. My baby having motions problem now. His teeth are growing now. Please suggest the solution.
My child is 3 years old. She is 6kgs weight only, I mean she is very thin. I need her to get weighted. What are the medicines or foods should taken by her ?
My sons weight is around 6.8 kg in seven month. Is that OK or not. And he is taking dal and Rice or dal and Dakota twice a day. And fruit once a day .is that OK or not. Please give suggestions about his dite.
My eldest daughter lifted my newborn (one month old) and her head hit the ceiling fan (it was on). There are no bumps on my baby's head and the hit wasn't that strong. Will this affect her as she grows up?
My 1years 8months son is not having enough food. He likes to drink milk but I think it is not sufficient for him. How to make him to eat food in a natural way.
My daughter 3 months old and she is suffering from lice in hair. Please suggest the best brand hair oil to prevent from lice?
My son is 2.5 yrs. Old. My husband and I both are working and no one in house for take care of him. So, we are decided to shift the son at dombivli my mom' s home and we are staying at mulund. Is it possible with my son or some problems happens with him?
My baby hardly takes food. She keeps on crying whenever the food is brought near her. At present she is on solids like cerelac and dia mix. She also has hard stools. She drinks a lot of water. As new parents we are worried.
Are you aware of the number of people who suffer because of pneumonia? As the weather becomes cold and damp, chances of getting affected by pneumonia increases. Pneumonia can originate from virus, bacteria and a host of other factors. It is one of the most common ailment which affects the adults, all over the world. Hence, it is important for all of us to prevent ourselves from pneumonia and for that we can follow the below mentioned steps:
- Know about the symptoms of pneumonia first: It is difficult to detect or diagnose pneumonia, especially in people over the age of 65. In older patients, the common symptoms such as fever, chills, cough may not be experienced. You should watch out for non-respiratory symptoms like weakness, dizziness, delirium and confusion. It is even more difficult to diagnose pneumonia in people who are suffering from preexisting conditions.
- Practice good hygiene: Common respiratory infections, influenza and cold may cause pneumonia. You should follow hygienic habits. Wash your hands regularly before meals and use hand sanitizers in order to prevent the illness from spreading. You should also maintain proper oral hygiene as several oral infections may also lead to pneumonia. You should also keep away from people who are affected by pneumonia or any other illness like flu, cold and serious diseases such as measles or chicken pox. All these factors may cause pneumonia.
- Get vaccinated: It is recommended for people of all ages who may be at a risk of getting pneumonia to get vaccinated and immunised against pneumonia causing virus called pneumococcal pneumonia. This is a one-time vaccine, which prevents and reduces the severity of pneumonia. A booster vaccine after every five years may also be prescribed. Elderly people should be vaccinated against all diseases which cause pneumonia.
- Quit smoking: Smoking accounts for being a major cause or risk factor for pneumonia. It increases a person’s chance of getting pneumonia as the lungs’ ability to defend themselves from the infection is reduced. By quitting smoking, you will be able to prevent pneumonia.
- Maintain a good general health: Maintaining an overall good health and following healthy habits will help you in preventing pneumonia. This is because your immune system stays strong and is able to fight efficiently against pneumonia-causing infections. A proper diet with all essential nutrients is also recommended along with regular physical exercise and proper rest.
Severe cases of pneumonia are capable of making you suffer and you may be admitted to a hospital. According to studies, it has been estimated that more than 60% of people over the age of 65 need to be hospitalised because of pneumonia.