Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dheeraj Malik
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Dheeraj MalikYour feedback matters!
My sister is 29 year old and affecting from Migraine from last 10-15 years. We have tried several treatment but not helping her getting cure completely.
I am a 36 years old male. I have tremors in my hands and some doctors have told me that these are intentional tremors and nothing to worry about. None of the doctors were neuro. Is this parkinson? Should I see a neuro asap?
My mother is now in coma stage , she was affected 2 times by brain stroke n now her condition is too sensitive her GCS is E4VM5. She is now ice tube feeding n tracheostomy. She is taking all medicine still her condition is not improving. And always she is getting cough.
I have both depression and insomnia. This makes sleeping at least 200% harder. What is some advice I can use while I wait for some medicine that doesn't affect my mental health? The fear of being alone comes from my depression and the insomnia forces me to be alone with my dangerous thoughts. Please help.
I have a problem of seizures from last several years. I have taken many medications for this but the problem is not solve. please suggest some solution.
Sometimes I feel whole vibration in my hands & legs ,is it symptoms of some disease or not? Please tell me.
My father is being suffering from Alzheimer's, some what he lost memory. Plse tell to regain lost memory.
I am suffering from insomnia about 20 years sir. Please advice me how to solve this problem and give proper advice to me sir.
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson’s disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.