Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Dheeraj Malik
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Dheeraj MalikYour feedback matters!
Hi Sir, I am 22 years old how to get rid from hand tremor please suggest a good solution for this problem sir Thank you.
Hello doctor I am male 31 year. I feel like my total body shivering and always feel my very heavy in hand. What is the reason kindly advice me. What so I do.
My mother is 69 yrs. Sagittal images of limbo sacral spine were obtained on body coil. She also has mild diffuse disc bulge and has numbness/ pain in her right leg. Please suggest what could be the solution.
Hi this is ajay Kumar28. Male, I am suffering with headache from last 2months,, I do have sight spectacle with -1.00 power, but it's not refractive headache, it's not a migraine, it comes during evening and early mornings. Please help me out of this situation.
Since last three days I'm getting migraines I need a quick remedy. And also some suggestion to avoid getting any more in future.
My Son (3 years, 3 Months) is diagnosed with Mild PDD. Is it form of autism? What are the best treatment Options ?Can he outgrow it by age ?He does not exhibit all age appropriate skills.
Autism spectrum disorders are a group of severe neurological and developmental disorders which begin in early childhood and can last throughout a person’s life. It affects the ability to interact with others and also hinders communication and well as learning ability. A proper health center can diagnose the presence of autism spectrum disorder early on. Many tests are available for evaluation and diagnosis as it is a range of disorders which can have a variety of symptoms. The environment and genetics also play a role in the development of autism spectrum disorder but the exact cause of autism spectrum disorder is not yet known.
Symptoms of autism spectrum disorder:
- Your child may not be able to respond when called by his or her name by 12 months age.
- Will avoid eye contact and also have the desire to stay alone.
- Have trouble understanding or relating to other people or talk about their own feelings.
- Delayed speech and language skills which would affect the ability to speak.
- Show unusual reaction to sound, smell, taste or feelings.
- Answering questions with unrelated answers that have no meaning or link.
- Prefer to play alone and would avoid physical contact.
Diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder:
- Comprehensive Diagnostic Evaluation – The behavior of your child and development is first studied by the doctor in detail. The tests include genetic testing, neurological testing, hearing and vision testing among others. Doctors may also suggest other specialized tests in certain cases.
- Developmental Screening – The development of your child’s basic learning skills with respect to the age is checked. The doctor checks for some delays in the progress and will also monitor movement, behavior and speaking progress of the child. Some additional checks are also done for low birth weight, premature birth among other things.
- Applied behavioral analysis – This is a notable treatment and widely accepted by doctors all over the world. ABA is known to encourage positive behaviors and improves a variety of skills in a child.
- Occupational Therapy – Teaches the skills to live independently like eating, dressing and social skills. This can help people afflicted by autism spectrum disorders to lead a normal life within the society and thus relate to as well as interact with other people.
- Speech therapy – It improves and focuses primarily on communication skills and also uses picture boards and gestures to improve the abilities and induce learning skills.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When I eat food, I feel too drowsy and act like a zombie. This happens even with low glycemic food such as vegetable salad (no oil) or vegetable juices. It is not psychological and I do not have sleep apnea. I have this problem since childhood. What is my problem?
Sir, I had an choroidal plexus AVM in the right temporal horn of the lateral ventricle. Due to surgical complications, I had underwent Gamma knife radiosurgery on May 2017. And they asked to report after 6 months with MRI. In the MRI of brain, there is impressions said that, *A case of right temporal AVM-post Gamma knife surgery *Few residual tortuous vessels in the right media, posterior, temporal lobe with adjoining gliotic changes. After seeing this report and MRI doctors said that AVM is still in that size no enlargements and shrinking takes some time. I was early taking eptoin tablets. Due to some side effects like in-activeness they given levipil 500 mg tablets instead of eptoin. Is there any side effects associated with this. How long do I need to take these tablets. I also feel pulse in my forehead sometimes severe pulse which cause headaches. And elevated heart beat. What's the reason for it. Does this gliosis affects my memory. Please help me in detail.
Alzheimer's Disease is a neurological problem that is characterised by a cognitive decline and memory loss. It is a type of neurodegenerative dementia. The symptoms of Alzheimer's Disease include not being able to absorb and retain new information, lack of reasoning and judging, not being able to take on complex tasks, impaired visuospatial abilities, problems in reading, writing and speech, among many others. If a person has at least two of these symptoms in a debilitating manner, then the diagnosis can be made in favour of Alzheimer's Disease. The main causes of Alzheimer's are shrinkage of the brain size and death of the brain cells. The immune system is also said to trigger this neurodegenerative disease.
Let us find out what medical science has found so far:
- Connections: Many a times, in Alzheimer's disease, the memory and behaviour of the person changes because the brain is unable to make proper neural connections which can lead to memory loss of how a person behaved and the elements that formed the basis of the patient's cognition. Apparently, the immune system behaves in the same way within the brain and blocks the connection. This happens because there is constant communication between the brain and immune system along neurological lines, which is where the disease first emanates.
- Inflammation: The brain is prone to inflammation or swelling that is not the normal kind. This inflammation happens as a result of the activation of the infection fighting neurotransmitters and the chemical changes that happen in the brain when an infection strikes. The inflammation usually happens in the plaques or clumps which the brain tries to protect. These clumps are made up of a protein called Amyloid. The immune system is responsible for creating this inflammation in the brain of the patient.
- Pattern Recognition Receptors: Many of these receptors work in different manners and cooperate with each other to create a response in the brain. These PRRs can be found in the brain plaques, and they develop the signs of danger which further fuels the inflammation in the brain as a matter of protection.
- Activation of Cells Linked with the Immune System: When the PRRs begin to respond, it basically activates the immune system and the cells of the same. This is the basic reaction that causes the changes in brain which then leads to the attachment of the protein to the tissue that is diseased, in which case Alzheimer's Disease starts. The inflammation that we had spoken about earlier basically happens in the nervous tissue.
It is important to recognise and act on the initial signs of Alzheimer's Disease before it progresses beyond one's control.