Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Dharam VirYour feedback matters!
I am a 47 year old man and about 2 years ago I had undergone an angioplasty to remove a block in my left artery. Now since a month I am getting sharp stabs of pain on the left side of my neck from behind the left ear to the left shoulder muscles. I sometimes feel dizzy which lasts for a couple of minutes. I got checked by a physician and was given tablets like Taxim-AZ, Aceclo MR, Calpol 500 mg and Mac RD capsules for a period of three days. The pain had stopped but has returned after the course got over. I have free movement of neck and left arm but sharp piercing pain every now and then along with a dull throb on the left side at the base of the skull. What should I do?
I feels very tired all day and does not even gets well sleep in night why is that happening with me.
Dear sir, I had been taking tablets for high blood pressure. But for the past ten months I did not take tablets .It is because my blood pressure is found to be normal as and when I check it. What can I do?
Iam 58 years old 170 cms in height and current weigh 86 kgs. Iam suffering from Type 11 diabetic. Presently on medication. Please advice what amount of calories I should consume to bring down my weight to 76 Kgs and maintain there after. I exercise every day for 1 hour.
I am suffering from hair loss since 7 months. I have tried everything but nothing is working. Suggest me something which work properly.
How to make a long and smooth hair and how to maintain hair strong and health and how chance the hair colour brown to black?
Hi. My hair is falling so much. And I have dandruff problem. Due to which I have pimple type something in my face. I used so many Ayurveda for dandruff problem but it didn't work. I usually wash my hair twice in a week due to which my headache also started. I feel as if a big stone is there on my head. I have hairfall problem headache problem and skin problem also. How to overcome from all those. And my CA exams are going to start. Plzz help me.
I am male of 22 years. My chest is grown a little and looks like female chest. Can I get it fit and looks normal male chest without any surgeries. Please help.
It?s caused due to exposure to the sun or excessive heat and characterized by rise in temperature, convulsion and coma.
Symptoms of Sunstroke:
Signs of shock (ex. Bluish lips and fingernails, confusion)
? Loss of consciousness
? A temperature over 102F (38.9C)
? Rapid breathing and/or pulse
? Weak heartbeat, lethargy, nausea, vomiting, and dark urine
Prevention of Sunstroke:
Sunstroke can be prevented by drinking plenty of water and avoiding overtaxing the body in hot weather.
Home Remedies For Sunstroke:
Natural Remedy : Apply onion paste on the forehead.
Herbal Remedy for Sunstroke with Fenugreek(methi):
Take some dried fenugreek leaves. Soak them in cold water for sometime. Then crush the leaves with hand. Sieve and add little honey.
PREVENTIVE ACTION :
Use some unripe mangoes. Boil them and sieve properly. Cool it and add little sugar, black salt, roasted cumin powder, back pepper powder and salt to taste. Drink this tasty panna (the raw mango juice) just before going out in the sun. This would protect you against the attack of sunstroke.
Cure Heatstroke with Wood apple(Bilva):
Similarly the juice of wood apple(bael) also provides a good shield against sunstroke
Drink water / Butter Milk / Lemon /Orange / sugarcane Juice
Call emergency services. Depending on the symptoms and the person, call primary care physician
Stay out from Direct Sunlight
Avoid Alcoholic Drink outdoor on hot day
Move person from hot area to shady or Air-conditioned area
Do not use Medicine like aspirin or acetaminophen
Do not give anything by mouth if unconscious.
Colitis is characterized by an inflammation of the large intestine (colon). It is generally caused due to reduced blood supply, autoimmune reactions (wherein the immune system erroneously starts attacking the body’s healthy tissues) and infections in the large intestine.
Symptoms of colitis
1. Presence of blood traces in the stool.
2. Acute colitis can itself be a symptom of hemorrhoids (inflamed and swollen veins in the anus or the rectum)
3. Tenesmus (constant urge to empty the bowels) is also quite common
4. Occurrence of abdominal pain in regular intervals, thus resulting in diarrhea
5. Constant abdominal pain
6. Fever and sudden chills throughout the day
Types of colitis
1. Inflammatory bowel disease: This condition is characterized by inflammation of the intestines or all the parts of one’s digestive tract
2. Microscopic colitis: This involves inflammation of the large intestine (colon), resulting in a cramping sensation that can be painful
3. Chemical colitis: This condition is caused due to prolonged exposure to certain harsh chemicals which results in intestinal swelling and inflammation
4. Ischemic colitis: The most common form of colitis, this occurs mainly due to an insufficient blood supply to the large intestine
5. Infectious colitis: Caused due to certain bacterial or parasitic infections
Treatment for colitis
1. Medications such as acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be recommended to ease the pain
2. The drug ‘Loperamide’ can control the diarrhea. However, this should not be consumed if there is presence of blood in the stool
3. Colitis reduces your appetite. Thus, it is important to maintain a healthy diet in this regard. Avoid consuming dairy products or high fiber foods because they further inflame the large intestine.
4. Colectomy (surgically removing a part of the whole of the colon) is recommended in the most severe of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.