Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepti Malik
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti MalikYour feedback matters!
In some cases, psychological factors rather than physical incapability play a vital role in causing Erectile Dysfunction (ED). Child abuse or any instance of sexual trauma is considered one of the root causes of Erectile Dysfunction. Other than this, there are numerous factors like a person's emotional health and wellbeing can also be a direct reason behind Erectile Dysfunction.
The psychological causes of Erectile Dysfunction are-
- Pressure- Constant exposure to stress due to work load, difficulties in married life, parenting issues, financial issues can be a major reason behind erectile dysfunction.
- Guilt- The pressure of satisfying a new sexual partner may become so overpowering that it may result in poor sexual performance. This may lay seeds of guilt in a person and hamper his emotional health.
- Anxiety- If a person erectile droop at any instance, fear may creep in that it can occur again. This situation opens door for performance anxiety and may cause erectile dysfunction in the long run.
- State of Depression- Even a person who performs normally during sexual intercourse can suffer from erectile dysfunction if he is in depression. Depression poorly hinders a person's emotional health and cause a series of psychological as well as physical problems. The drugs taken during depression may even facilitate erectile dysfunction.
- Loss of interest in sex- Reasons behind this can be growing age, disputes with partner, any kind of stress or certain medications.
- Loss of Self-confidence- Failure in previous attempts for sexual intercourse, feeling of insufficiency in sex life may lead to loss of self-confidence. This can be one of the deciding factors behind erectile dysfunction.
Occurrence of erectile droop once or twice is quite common among men. There is nothing to be worried about. But if this problem persists, one shall consult a sexologist. Few tips to prevent and cure erectile dysfunction are as follows-
- One needs to open up and discuss such issues with his partner as well as his physician. If the cause of erectile dysfunction is poor emotional health, then he can undergo some therapy. Some stress releasing exercises or meditation can help you gain control over your mind.
- One can take some pills like Viagra and prevail over psychological impediments. It helps to boost up one's confidence while performing any sexual act.
- Try to remain fit and fine. Exercise daily to shed any extra weight. Avoid drinking and smoking and take a healthy diet. Take adequate sleep (about 7 hours in night) and get your blood pressure and cholesterol levels checked regularly.
All the above tips help in maintaining your physical as well as psychological health. Follow them and get cured of erectile dysfunction. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello doctor I am rishi I am 25 yrs old man n I have suffering from diabetes problem so what should I do.
Hi sir, Good after noon. I am male 34 years. My weight is 74 kg and height is 170 cm. My question is I am working as a In a designing field so that I have to watch system (laptop) through out the day. My eyes will get tired and I am always sleepy. My eyes will close automatically while I was working. Am I over weight. And some of my colleagues said to check my blood sugar. I went for a test of blood sugar with fasting and its normal. I will sleep enough in night from 10: 30 pm to 5: 30 am. Eventhough I have enough sleep why I am always sleepy and lazy in all the day. I am not feeling energetic in day times. Please give any solution to my problem. Do I need any medical check up. ?
Preparing for Penis Enlargement Exercises - 4 Ways to Warm Up Your Manhood
When preparing for penis enlargement exercises, one of the things you have to pay close attention to would the warm up of your penis. Warming up the penis happens to be very important when preparing for penis enlargement exercises and stretches in order to avoid unwanted injuries. Plus, if you do things right, you will get to reap even more benefits than usual once you get to the actual exercises afterwards.
When preparing for penis enlargement exercises, look at it as the same thing as the stretches that you do before working out at the gym. They will also enhance your gains in the same way and help you prevent injuries at the same time.
Preparing for penis enlargement exercises basically entails applying some heat onto your penis through your method of choice. You can either use a heating pad, an infrared lamp, a rice sock or a washcloth for this. Here are some of the different methods for preparing for penis enlargement exercises in more detail:
The Heating Pad Method
The heating pad is one of the most popular penile warm up methods to date since they are cost-effective and easy to find. To use one, just refer to the instructions found with the product itself.
The Infrared Lamp Method
The infrared lamp is most popular in the world of medicine and is used to get inside the skin to heat up the necessary tissues in the penis to warm it up. It may not be advisable to use this method at home, though, since you will need to make it a point to keep your testicles away from too much heat; otherwise, you could burn them without meaning to.
The Rice Sock Method
The rice sock is cost-effective, too. Plus, it is easy to make one. Just look for a sock, buy some rice and make sure you have a microwave handy. Then, fill up your sock with enough rice that will ensure that your penis will still fit into the sock later on. Then, tie the sock shut and place it into your microwave to heat it up.
Most of the time, this will take up to an hour to get the temperature needed to warm up the penis, but this will depend on your microwave, as well. If you have an especially powerful microwave, you can expect the sock to heat up much faster than if you have a less powerful microwave. Your microwave's speed of heating up the sock may depend on the amount of rice that you fill the sock up with, too.
Of course, it would be important to feel the sock before placing your penis in it, as well. If it feels too hot, make sure you let it cool down first to avoid unnecessary burns. On the other hand, if it feels too cool, heat it up in the microwave a little bit longer until you get the desired heat for the warm up.
The Washcloth Method
The washcloth method is by far the easiest method to use when preparing for penis enlargement exercises. Although it might not be the most convenient method since washcloths cannot exactly retain heat for long periods of time, it can save you a lot of money in the long run. You just need to have some patience and dedication when it comes down to it.
I am 68 year old diabetic. Can I follow high carb food suggested by you? If not then what should be my ideal breakfast items?
Supplements are just a way to add vital nutrients in your daily nutritional intake, but are not the only solution. First of all, it is important to note that your sex life does not depend on supplements. Various other factors can both positively and negatively affect your sex life. Exercise, weight and medications you take can have both adverse and positive effects. Try to improve your sex life by altering these aspects before you use supplements. Nevertheless, here are some supplements which may be beneficial for your sex life.
- Iron: Iron is used to boost the libido of women. The libido comprises the arousal, desire as well as the ability to have an orgasm. However, too much iron is not good for you. Over 20 mg can cause stomach problems and constipation while over 60 mg is life threatening.
- Niacin: There are two types of cholesterol in your body. One is a good cholesterol, while the other is a bad cholesterol. Niacin is a type of B vitamin, which raises your good cholesterol level. Men who have high cholesterol and erectile dysfunction tend to see improvements in their symptoms by taking 1500 mg of niacin for 12 weeks.
- Yohimbine: This is a type of herbal supplement only used for men. It is used to treat erectile dysfunction and should only be used on men. However, it is worth note that high blood pressure, heart palpitations, anxiety, headaches and dizziness are all caused by yohimbine. Therefore, it should be used with care only when the doctor prescribes it.
- Panax ginseng: This is one of those rare drugs, which raises sexual desire in women and also corrects erectile dysfunction in men. It is worth mentioning that Panax ginseng also causes insomnia. Insomnia is one of the side effects of this medication along with diarrhea and painful periods for women.
- Maca: This is a type of Peruvian root vegetable. It primarily helps women who are taking antidepressants and have lost their sex drive as a result. It can also be tried safely as it is a type of food as well and therefore, it is not as dangerous as some of the other supplements on this list. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.