Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Deepti DhingraYour feedback matters!
I am 30 yrs old my hair quality is very good and long also but very less at front at head so please suggest to grow new hair. Thanks.
The main causes of hair falling in younger age are- chronic diseases, improper way of having diet, excessive burden on the mind, severe fever, hormones disorders or hereditary hair fall.
Homoeopathic medicines in hair problems
1. Selenium:- cold natured patient suffers from hair fall of eyebrows, moustache and genitals
2. Fluoric acid:- the hot natured patient suffers from hairs fall.
3. Acid phos:- provides relief if the patient suffers from grey hair in early age or hair fall due to worry.
4. Mezereum:- if symptoms like- dandruff in the head, hair dryness, layers on the skull like chalk, constant itching in the head, etc.
5. Nitric acid:- the patient suffers from purulent pimples in the head with hairs fall due to which, he is not able to touch his head by his hands.
6. Kali-carb:- in the conditions of hair fall with dryness in the head. All hair problems end by taking this medicine.
7. Syphilinum:- hairs fall stops within few days if correct potency is taken.
8. Antherum:- if the patient suffers from hairs falling of beard
9. Lycopodium:- lycopodium is considered as very effective medicine if any one suffers from hairs fall; grey hair.
10. Thuja:- if the patient suffers from hair fall due to dryness in the head and scabby dandruff, using the mother tincture of thuja is very beneficial.
11. Ustilago:- if the patient suffers from following symptoms like- hairs falling in early age and stop growing of hairs again after falling once, etc,
12. Phosphorus and calcarea phos:- in symptoms like- hairs falling in bunches as one bunch of hair falls from one portion of the head and after that another bunch of hair falls again, etc.
13. Natrum muriaticum & sepia:- if a woman suffers from hairs falling during her pregnancy.
14. Arsenic:- if the patient’s hair falls due to weak hair root and he suffers from head dryness, skin dryness, etc,
Homoeopathic treatment cures hairfall completely if correct potency is choosen. No side effects.
I have too much pimples on my face and acne also how to overcome from the problem doctor please suggest me a lotion or any cream.
Aayurvedic and allopathy. Which treatment is helpful in case of Seborrheic eczema, or dermatitis. Please suggest me some remedies and precautions for cure.
I am 19 years old I have scars on my face due to over heat because of masterbating what should I do?
I am only 21 years old and 2-4 of my beard strands turned white. Some of them were golden in colour before, since I have many golden-red hair strands in my beard. How can I prevent it from turning white.
Hi Doctor, my child is 4 years old. Her lips got cracked at the edges. She drink's plenty of water daily. Please suggest me a Medici or lip balm or home remedy for this problem.
I have lot of dandruff in my hair and I loss some hair and also I have white hair so please help me to solve this problem?
Hello sir, My hair is very falling and dandruff And My face have acne. Please give me herbal solution.
I have a student and on my face is pimple whole face so I do not like it but its my big problem and I never go to school and that case plolem so what I do doctor please know me about its.
Ringworm of the scalp usually affects children. This is a common type of a fungal infection of the scalp and has nothing to do with the worms as the name suggests. This is treated with antifungal medications and though the antifungal shampo-is not to-effective, it might be advised along with medication.
Causes of scalp ringworm:
- Most of the times a ringworm infection is transfered from person to person through sharing towels and touching. The fungi and its spores can remain alive on brushes, combs, sheets, furniture and unwashed towels for long. Some people are only carriers of fungi, meaning that they carry the fungi and its spores in their hair and skin but do not have any infection and symptoms. But they might pass the fungi to others who may develop the symptoms.
- It spreads from pets like cats and dogs who are very prone to fungal infection of the skin. They easily pass their infection to children and other family members. Farm animals are also a source of fungal infection and if the farm gate is touched from where the infected cattle passes, it is enough to cause infection.
- Also at times there is no reason and fungi infection can just happen out of the blue. Like for example, the fungi spores can get transmitted through air, they might get into the air by an infected person and land on someone else's head. This can develop into fungi and can cause infection.
Symptoms of scalp ringworm:
- The infection looks more like dandruff, a severe form of dandruff in different parts of the scalp. This is often mistaken to be psoriasis.
- In some infection there is loss of hair leading to bald patches. These patches become scaly and inflamed. The patches might have broken off small hair.
- Several painful pustules and boils occur on the scalp
- In severe infection there is boggy swelling on some part of the scalp, which is known as kerion. This might be tender and oozing and if not treated can lead to hair loss and permanent scarring.
- In severe infections like with pustules and kerion, one might develop high fever and the glands of the neck might swell.
Treatment of scalp ringworm:
The treatment of the fungal infection of the scalp involves the following:
- Antifungal Medicines: These are usually taken in the form of tablets and following are advised:
- Griseofulvin: This is often the first choice and a course of 8-12 weeks is required. The tablet can be crushed and taken with water.
- Terbinafine: The course for this is four weeks and is important to complete the course in order to get rid of the infection.