Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepika
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. DeepikaYour feedback matters!
I can't remember questions more than 2 minutes. I am 16 years old male. My ssc exm is coming so plssssssss. Gv me reading tips .nd how cn I increase my memory .nd remember nd concentration power.
Sir my wife is suffering from schizophrenia from last ten years. She is 29th years old, and she is taking treatment by lots of gold medalist psychiatrist from ten years but not getting better result. And we wants to know the side effect of these medicines due to she is taking psychotic medicine. Pl. Advice me as soon as possible. Thanks.
Sir due to not successful in government exam I have lot to tension and right now I am unable to find any job in ranchi due to these issues from last few days I have severe headache will you help me sir.
Hi I've schizophrenia Can there b a complete cure of schizophrenia within 2 or 3or4 years Give me a positive answer.
Sir, I am 20 years old. I have stammering problem I can not talk anything any word any speech because my mouth breathing everywhere sir please tell me how I can cure this problem.
Hello sir am umendhar from India. First I wanna tell you my problem .i have a panic attack and anxiety with Agropobhiya. When I was going to out side when I walking in a road and going market and villages city. When I was a alone and driving. Some places. I can't stay .it's suddenly comping a panic. Anxious. Symptoms like this headache head heating. And fear. Raising heart beat And some symptoms like anxiety. What can I do ?sir please help me.
Im getting lot of anger on people. Want to kill like everyone when getting anger. I hate the people. Want to be alone .go somewhere. Im getting disturbed with all thoughts of people & my past .were no one is. How to control my anger. I faced a lot of problems from my childhood.
I believe in punctuality. So if I have given a commitment to meet someone. I start feeling restless/nervous till the time that I have met. But I feel good that I met my commitment of punctuality.
I am a 64 years old man, well eucated and still earning well. I am well behaved, decent and very considerate towards others. I always try to ensure that I am not a cause of any trouble or inconvenience to people around me. I generally try to remain away from people and avoid interactions. However, I have developed a feeling that many people atteractions because of the fear of being misunderstood. When I was in active employment many of my colleagues used to be quite afraid of me because of my profesional competence, sincerity, honesty, and dominating nature. Of late, I have started feeling that people around me harbour a feeling of jealosy and envy towards me, because of which I have developed a phobia of people and try to remain in my room at home as well as office. Lease advise, what should I do to avoid this phobia because on slightest provocation people react very badly towards me. Therefore, I have developed a great phobia but I can not run away from the society and have to learn the ways of life and modulate my behaviour rather than expecting others to change. Despite being a medical doctor, and being pretty well informed and aware, I am going into a shell, please suggest some way to get out of this situation.
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.