Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. DeepikaYour feedback matters!
Am healthy ,due to stress am not able to concentrate properly in anything and feeling anxiety. Please provide some suggestions to overcome.
How to have a better and heathy life because I want quit smoking, alcohol, marijuana everything and live a simple and good healthy life. Please help me.
Hi! Sir! My girlfriend has some throat problem. Her voice comes out with some disturbance. Her voice does not sound like a female voice. it is 20% of male voice mix with her (female) voice. Please guide me with the best solution. Please suggest some natural way. Thanks you!
I am 36 year old male. I am suffering from Asthma. Recently my marriage got fixed and I am in very much fear, how my life will be. Will my problem pass on to kid? How my wife will take it etc.
I'm under 18 and suffer from depression and anxiety. Can my gp prescribe me medication for this without referring me to the child adolescent mental health service?
Hello. I have faced speaking problem (fumbel, very fast speaking) from my childhood nd this problem made my lyf worst in many occasions. Nd this problem especially trigger on too much anger, happiness and in my odd situations .plz suggest me what to do? Will I talk fluent, clear like others? Is it treatable or not? Or should I concert which doctor.
Sometimes I have negative thoughts in my mind and sometimes I go into very deep thinking about someone else but I don't want to. Please help me.
I have a habit of the drinking and smoking how to quit the smoke and any side effect are arise please suggest me.
Loads of negative feeling kill me from past 3 years. No confidence loads of fear . How do I get out of This . No happines in both professional and personal life . Into depression . Help me
Upon reaching adolescence, children's bodies undergo several changes and so do their minds. It is then that their minds are most, as well as least impressionable. And the daunting question regarding the upbringing of an adolescent is how to treat their constantly changing behavior?
Here are some of the tantrums adolescents more commonly throw, and what should ideally be your approach to it:
- Your child seems to hate you: It is very common for a phase of emotional exclusionism to prevail between 16-17 years of age approximately. And the worst thing you could do is heighten that emotion by returning the hatred. Make sure you're firm against any extremely unacceptable behavior, but at the same time, show them that you're there for them no matter what.
- Electronic devices become the center of their attention: Whenever you want to have an earnest conversation with your children, their attention seems to be drawn solely to their phones and computers. They feel the need to be connected to their friends and all times. Ways to monitor that are by setting limit to the maximum hours spent on devices or making them pay their own bills, which will make them more responsible rather than splurging unnecessarily. Also, if your child is not entirely secluded from the family, it is probably best not to interfere all the time.
- Ignoring the curfew: Your kids often stay out later than the set limit. But it is quite possible that your curfew is unreasonable when compared to other parents' curfew. Find out what the average time limit is; it may prevent your child from bearing a grudge against you. In case they still fail to respect your curfew, make sure you spill out to them what the consequences can be, like being grounded for a week. However, in certain cases, your child may be spending time doing nothing constructive, but away from home. There may be something else going on, find out what that is.
- Being friends with the wrong people: Sometimes it might happen that you think some children do not have a good influence on your child, but you cannot say that directly because adolescents tend to get very defensive about their choice of friends. Unless the adolescent is doing something harmful with the friend, like using drugs, let him exercise his choice. Otherwise, don't hesitate from seeking professional help to counsel your child.
- Being over-dramatic: Every emotion is heightened in your child and you cannot tell them that what they are whining or being overjoyed about are trivial, because that's their prime focus then. Let them realize on their own how irrational they sound or else you may risk spoiling your relation with them.