Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Sinuplasty Procedure
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Foreign Body in Eyes, Ears, Nose and
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Surgery
Ear Microsurgery Procedure
Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Micro Laryngeal Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak SonkarYour feedback matters!
Sir,mujhe maxillary sinusitis hai, aisa mujhe doctor ne bataya jb maine unse checkup krwaya to phir bhi mere sir(head) me dard(pain) hote hi rehta hai,medicine regular use kar rha hoon.
The most common ear infections happen because of bacterial or viral growth in the middle ear, the part which lies just behind the ear drum. Middle-ear infections can be very painful and children are most commonly reported in children. Most of these infections are caused by the blockage of the Eustachian tube, which connects the ear and the throat, causing the build-up of fluids and swelling. Here is a guide to the most common forms of ear infections and their symptoms, ranging from the acute to the chronic.
Acute infections have intense symptoms but can be cured with time and treatment. They generally last for shorter durations.
In Chronic cases of infections, the patient complains of recurrent symptoms multiple times. Chronic ear infections have the potential of causing permanent damage to the ear.
Symptoms reported by most patients with Ear infections:
1. Pain in the ear (Mild to severe): This is caused due to increased pressure owing to the blockage of the Eustachian tube. Collection of fluid inside the ear would increase the intensity of pain in most cases. Children will keep tugging at their ear and most likely be cranky.
2. Redness and swelling: Both of these are inevitable accompanying symptoms in case of any infection in the body.
3. Oozing of the fluids: The blockage leads to the fluid being released from the ear which can be watery, thick yellow or mixed with blood depending on the severity and type of infection.
5. Difficulty in sleeping.
6. In some cases when the infection spreads, difficulty in balancing the body is experienced as body balance is maintained by ears.
7. The patient might also experience increased irritability.
8. Ear infections can also cause a hearing problem if the condition continues to go untreated.
Ear infections should be promptly dealt with to prevent long-term damages. So here is what should be done when you have ear pain symptoms.
1. Consult an ENT who will prescribe pain medication as the first line of treatment.
2. After the necessary tests are done, antibiotics are prescribed in most cases by the doctor. Other medications for palliative treatment (to ease the symptoms) are administered. However in a few rare cases, the infection might be because of non-bacterial causes in which antibiotics might not cure the state.
3. In case the problem keeps recurring, one must visit the doctor again and get further tests and treatment done.
As prevention is always better than cure, care should be taken to avoid all chances of carrying the infection to your ear. Maintain cleanliness in and around, especially in the case of children.
For further queries; we'd be happy to help!
Hi, I am getting this few symptoms, dry throat, chest strain, frequent hunger ,my hb1ac is 5.9,total cholesterol 227, ldl 149, total RBC 5.6,my concern is why I am getting dry throat frequently had done full body blood test.
I have a sore throat and my voice has changed from last 2 days. I also get dry cough which worsens the throat voice again. Please suggest some remedies. Thank You.
Hi, I am 30 years old. I was an alcoholic (weekly 4 days drink for 3 years) and I have high blood pressure. I have consulted a psycartist for alcohol withdrawal (used withdrawal symptoms tablet for one week) and it's been months now. I used to have tab for high bp morning and evening Amlong 5 mg daily. I am getting dizziness while driving, after using restroom, while taking bath. Etc. I am 124 kg weight. I am trying to reduce weight, still I want to get rid of the dizziness or anxiety, which is disturbing my life pls help. Is the tablet getting me into dizziness, or High bp or alcohol withdrawal? Can I take Himalaya 52, for liver functioning properly? It might bad because of drinks right. Please advice. Thanks Vinay.
As I facing some troubles with my daily routine travelling to college out there in sun, suddenly it started bleeding out of my nose and little weakness in my body. This is for tje third time happen to me jus wanted to know how come I control this? As I can't skip my classes.
I' m 24 years old and I often have running nose along with sneezing. It all starts with irritations in my eyes. What should I do.
I have vertigo issue from 2 years and my left ear is always blocked and also not feeling sense, I also have sinus problem in a nose. My head is spinning suddenly on anytime. Kindly do the needful help.
I woke up today with pain inside my right ear. I do not get the reason. Please tell any immediate remedy to get rid of this pain as soon as possible.
I feel dizziness and unbalance during when walked. My BP is also increase. But it is contemporary. I also feel blurr vision sometimes. My HB is 8.9.
I have sneezing problem and running nose too from 2 -3 months. Is I am suffering from snowfelia. please suggest me any solution.
Sinusitis or sinus infections can be quite a debilitating ailment when it becomes recurrent. Sinuses are cavities within our head just behind the nose which extends up to our forehead and to certain areas of the cheeks. These cavities are filled with a mucosal lining which helps you breathe and also filters the air which goes to the lungs. When the mucosal lining gets inflamed, it blocks the normal drainage of the mucus into the nose. This results in headaches, nasal polyps and general discomfort. Homeopathy offers some great remedies for this condition, without side effects. Some of these are discussed below.
Homeopathic remedies for sinus problems
- Belladonna: This medication is very effective when the sinusitis has resulted in a suppressed discharge from the nose which occurs intermittently. If you have a splitting headache which feels unbearable, Belladonna can help relieve the symptoms quickly. If the infection of the sinus has spread to the throat and results in cough, Belladonna can be equally effective in those circumstances as well.
- Pulsatilla: If you are experiencing a greenish mucosal discharge from your nose without a painful burning sensation within it, Pulsatilla can be a very effective cure. Another indication where this medication is very effective is when you have headaches centered just above your eyes rather than over the forehead or other parts of your face.
- Kali Bichrome: This is another commonly prescribed medication to deal with the symptoms of sinusitis as well as to reduce inflammation and cure sinusitis altogether. If you have a lot of mucosal discharge that drops into your throat along with discharges through the nose, Kali Bichrome is the drug to go to. Other indications where it is effective are pain and heaviness in the nose and the inability to breathe with headaches in and around the eyes.
- Silicea: If you are feeling cold and constantly chilly along with nasal stuffiness, Silicea is the medication to go to. Along with discharges, your nose may form hard mucous crusts within it. Trying to manually remove these crusts may also cause bleeding. Silicea will reduce these symptoms and is also effective in reducing a headache which occurs mostly on the left side of your face.
- Merc Sol: If you are experiencing a yellowish green discharge from the nose along with a burning sensation and increased saliva secretion in your mouth, Merc Sol is the remedy to turn to. It is also effective wherein the headache has spread all around the head. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.