Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak SachdevaYour feedback matters!
Number of his eyes is increasing day by day. Is there any way according which our eye sight increases?
I'm currently under Anti - Tuberculosis allopathic medication for the past three months. Lately I've got a problem of eyesight. There seems bubble-like matter and dark spots moving in front of my eyes. I even feel a haziness and dizziness leading to a sort of vertigo due to this. I think this has been due to the side-effects of my anti- tuberculosis medicines. Is there a serious risk to my eyesight? What should I do? Can you please suggest any suitable health tip for my eyes?
Its a bit personal but I want some solution to it actually I am masturbating from the last two and a half years and now my eyesight has gone bad its -0.75 for the right eye and minus 0.5 for the left eye and now I am also seeing floaters please help me that if I take some extra diet and stop masturbating at all will my eyesight cure I want to join Army and for that eyesight is very crucial. Why studying concentration has also gone very bad I was a topper till class 10th but now my studies are affecting very much due to concentration and eyesight and also fatigue please please please help only one question if I stop masturbating will it improve my eyesight.
I have a problem of red eyes in nights and i cant sleep, even after using drops they are not reducing.
My age is 20 and I have headache pblm I used painkillers balms but the pain remains 2-3 days when its start and it also effect my eyes and neck both also pain alot what should I do for this?
Sir. I am using glasses of -1.50 & -1.25. I want to remove glasses. Is this possible at age of 44. Actually in last 3 months I m facing problem in reading of books with glass from near. However there is no problem in reading of distance board. Kindly advice.
I have red eyes and irritation on my left eye from this morning. I use contact lens and I have power on my both eyes. What should I do know?
I am having floaters in my eyes how can I reduce them? Why it is caused? How can I stop increasing floaters?
I am 25 years old. My symptoms are heaviness in head, headache, trembling, palpitation, deep breathing, incontinence of urine, nervousness, restlessness, pressure in eye, problem seeing in sun light, forgetfulness, dry lips etc. Please help me.
I am 25 years old and I want use lens for my eyes because my eye sight is not good days whyy but its any side affect for lens in my future life tell the ans.
When I am opening & closing my eyes I feel there is something in my left eye, getting irritation. I tried itone eye drop yesterday night but no effect. By today morning left side headache started were irritation continues. Pls help.
I am a 19 yr guy. I started developing eye floaters one week ago, is it curable or dangerous. Pls am worried whether its cause of something else serious.
I have pain in my head. Its a very bad pain but after sometimes it will gone and come after few hours. What should I do?
Macular Degeneration is an age-related macular degeneration incurable eye disease, which might result in blurred vision or no vision in the centre of the vision field, which might lead to visual distortions, reduced central vision, decreased intensity of the colours and can make it difficult for the patient to recognize faces, read, drive and to perform other activities.
Types of Macular Degeneration
1. Dry Macular Degeneration: It is characterized by the presence of drusen and thinning of macula because of a breakdown or thinning of the layer of retinal pigment epithelial cells in the macula.
2. Wet macular degeneration: In this type of AMD, there is an excessive growth of blood vessels, which causes bleeding, leakage, as well as scaring under the retina, which results in a rapid and severe loss of the central vision and might become permanent if not treated.
Causes of Age-related Macular Degeneration:
This is caused due to a problem related to the part of eye known as Macula, which is a spot at the centre of the retina of the eye. The focus point of the incoming ray of light is on Macula, which is responsible for see the things direct in front of us, especially reading and writing.
- Age: As the age increases, the probability of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration also increases significantly. The degree of the macular degeneration might vary person to person, but ageing is a major cause of suffering from age-related macular degeneration.
- Smoking: Smoking increases the chances of developing the disease in comparison to someone who does not smoke. The longer you have smoked, the more are the chances of developing it.
- Family History: The risk of developing the Age-related Macular Degeneration increases if it runs in your family, i.e. if your parents and siblings are suffering from it, then your chances of developing it are quite high as compared to the ones who do not have any family history.
- Obesity: The obese people have the higher chances of developing Age-related Macular Degeneration.
- Alcohol: Higher alcohol consumption also puts you at the risk of AMD, which is why one should always take alcohol in limited quantity only.
- Sunlight: As going out in sunlight without sunscreen is harmful to your skin, the same is harmful to your eyes for longer duration, and one should always wear UV-absorbing sunglasses to protect his eyes from AMD.
- Ethnicity: The white and Chinese are more prone to developing AMD as compared to the black people.
- Cardiovascular disease: The persons who have suffered diseases that affect the heart and other blood vessel are at higher risk of macular degeneration.
Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration
1. Anti-VEGF Drugs: The dry macular degeneration cannot be cured while the wet macular degeneration can be stabilized and maintained with a number of medical treatments to be injected into the eye, such as Lucentis, Avastin and Eylea. These are not long procedures and continued monitoring of the vision to maintain or improve the vision.
2. Laser photocoagulation: It consists of a concentrated beam of high energy thermal light that is directed towards the retina to obliterate and seal leaking blood vessels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.