Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Nephrologists in India. You will find Nephrologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Deepak AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old male and having problem with excretion of faces. It takes me 45mins for the excretion. Many a times I have to go two times to the washroom. Kindly Suggest some ayurvedic methods so that I can be relieved of the problem.
I have been on dialysis for nearly 1 month and both my kidneys are not working properly. How can I get them to work and reduce my dialysis.
My mom is having serum creatinine 6.6 and urea 280 .she is 69 years old. What should be done .doctors added Caspofungin 50 MG (anti fungal) O.D. ,and magnex Forte 1.5 MG B.D. From last 5 days but there is no improvement. Kindly suggest me what should be done now?
I feel burning sensation while urination and white stuff comes out may be the white stuff is pus cells. I am also facing the problem of frequent urination and I drink lot of water as doctor suggested. And I also stopped drinking tea/coffee Recently I have my urine test (culture and routine) but the test was normal. Tell me what to doo please?
I am working in night shift since 3 years, can you let kindly few tips to save my health mainly eyes kidneys etc.
What happen with continuous mest urination what its effects and please teel me in what time period a person has to do or not to do. What will be the appropriate size of penis plzz I'm not I'll but I just wanted to know that please Sr/ mmam.
I have a stone 6.6 mm in my right kidney between kidney and urine track I understand that before endoscopic intervention preliminary tests like ECG Echo etc will be undertaken what if I am found unfit after those tests then what would happen.
I hv undergone stress incontinence surgery in 2011. Now the same problem is repeated. Urine leakage is more now. One doc says the surgery is not performed well. Other says now it is a different urinary bladder problem. What should I do.
I used to masturbate. But now I am feeling that something is there at my urine place. I have done kub sonography, urine routine, blood, liver report and ecg everything is normal. After going to urine it is more. And sometimes pin like feeling at urine place. And makes me to go for urine.
Can anyone tell me how to do kegel exercise correctly? How much I should hold, relax and the correct postures of kegel exercise, I am male suffering from urine incontinence and weak erections?
Im drinking alcohol. I got stones in kidney. How to remove the kidney stones. And how to reduce the alcohol consumption. And how to loose weight. What are the medicines have to use to stop alcohol consumption. How to remove kidney stones totally. Please say.
I am just discharged from Urology ward and now still using cbd. My diagnosis is Dysfunction bladder. I am hematuria 4/7 ,urinary incontinence. Since 2 days ago suddenly I get hematuria again but today im period. My bladder really pain.
My friend has burning sensation when she goes for Urine. What is the solution to get rid of this Pls. She is 29 years old.
I have a problem of uti sometimes. After taking medicine it will be fine. If I stop to taking problem occur again. What can I do? the medicine is alcasol syrup.
HI i am having uti infection and only in the morning. When I drink warm water so the whole day I feel comfortable. suggest me what is the sign and symtoms for.
There are two kidneys in the body on the right and left sides, which have a significant role in metabolism, as outlined below.
- Regulation of minerals, including sodium and potassium
- Production of urine through which metabolic wastes, including urea, are cleared out
- Production of the hormone renin which is essential for controlling blood pressure
- Production of the hormone calcitriol which ensures the bones receive the required calcium
- Production of the hormone erythropoietin which is essential for proper red blood cell growth.
Any impaired kidney function leads to all these associated organs being affected, such as increased blood pressure, improper bone functioning and blood cell formation. So, whenever a kidney disease is suspected, early diagnosis and treatment is very essential. This results in minimal treatment and better prognosis.
Most people undergo an annual chemical test to check the blood and urine, which would indicate increase in protein levels or other abnormalities. When there is increase in the protein level, a kidney disease needs to be ruled out. One of the best ways to identify renal issues is to do a renal scan. Some of the common reasons for getting a renal scan done are listed below:
- To assess the blood flow through the kidneys. Improper flow often is a result of arterial narrowing and high blood pressure. This could be the first step in diagnosing hypertension. This is usually followed by a blood chemical test, which indicates the increased amount of protein and urea in the blood.
- To check the abnormalities in the shape, size, and structure of the kidneys.
- To assess kidney disorders like tumours, cysts, abscesses, etc.
- To assess the effect of injury on the kidney from a trauma or injury.
- To identify renal stones, the size, number, location, etc., which is essential for planning the treatment.
- To find and assess any growth in the kidney. To assess the efficacy of the treatment for kidney diseases.
- To assess how well a transplanted kidney is functioning.
- The good thing about a renal scan is that it can help identify more than one problem during a single scan.
What is done?
A radioisotope material is injected into a vein and the flow of this material is then monitored. This scan evaluates the blood flow through and to the kidneys; how the urine flow takes place; and the size/structure of the kidneys. The scan will take about two hours to complete. A renogram is a graph that shows the flow of the tracer through the kidney.
A different density of uptake indicates different disease conditions. It is usually a painless procedure other than the slight discomfort caused by the needle prick. The results are usually available within two days for the doctor to interpret and take appropriate action.