Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Deepa
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. DeepaYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old and my girlfriend 18 years old .yesterday had sex she is in periods I only enter very small amount of sperm .should she get pregnant.
Have you ever been all comfy and settled in bed only to feel a little itch? You give it a rub or scratch, and before you are content, the sensation returns. So you scratch it again and again as the itching grows and becomes a nuisance.
This is nighttime itching. We scratch a small itch maybe a dozen times a day unconsciously, but how serious is it when you develop itching at night? It may be a temporary reaction to a number of mild causes, or it may a signal an underlying health issue. We will uncover nighttime itching remedies and ways to prevent reoccurrences.
What Causes Nighttime Itching?
Pruritus is the itching of the skin. As with many conditions and illnesses, it seems to become worse at night. You may think it is dry skin, especially if it occurs mainly in the cold winter months when the skin becomes more susceptible due to the lack of moisture in the air. Or you may attribute it to your laundry detergent, new body soap, parasites, or even stress. Before you rush to the doctor or pharmacy to grab a bottle of lotion, let’s take a look at what causes itching at night.
1. Bed Clothes and Linen
Your personal items could be causing your nighttime itching due to irritants and even parasites. Changes in your body processes can cause you to develop an allergen to laundry soaps, body soaps, and shampoos, even if you have been using the same brand for years with no negative reactions. It could also be associated with a dust mite allergy. A change in your system can also impact the tolerance of certain components of your jewelry. Unfortunately, you could also have an infestation of bedbugs, fleas, or other insects.
2. Decreased Stimulation
As we sleep, our energy and stimulus levels decrease, which may make us more conscious of issues such as itchiness, even the most mild of the condition. If you suffer from a severe skin condition, it can disturb your sleep cycle to the point of waking you up in the night. Without a proper REM cycle, you can experience changes in mood and physical symptoms.
3. Internal Clock
Your internal clock, also known as circadian rhythm, refers to the biological processes your body goes through over a 24-hour period. These physical, mental, and behavioral changes in the system respond to your day (light) and night (dark) environments. Nocturnal itching episodes may be associated with these changes, although no definite factor has been identified.
- Cytokine and prostaglandin can cause the itching sensation in an unbalanced circadian rhythm as these substances produced by cells affect inflammation outcome.
- Skin temperature rises at night, which may stimulate the itch facilitator levels in our skin.
- Corticosteroid body levels tend to decrease at night, which increases symptoms of an inflammatory skin disorder.
- Water loss through the skin intensifies at night time.
- Parasympathetic activity is known as the “rest and digest” portion of our autonomic nervous system. In this state of normal control, your body is in a relaxed condition, and at night, it increases and may stimulate itching.
- Natural pain-relieving catalysts in our system rise in response to the darkness with a damaged circadian rhythm. A lessened pain increases our sense of itchiness.
- Aside from severe dry skin, several health disorders and diseases also have symptoms of dry, itchy skin that seem to be exacerbated at night. These conditions are atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, urticaria, lichen simplex chronicus, liver and kidney issues, and blood disorders. There are some sleep pattern disorders that can also cause nocturnal itching.
How to Treat Nighttime Itching?
You can try to resolve the nocturnal itching at home with several remedies and prevent a reoccurrence.
1. Soak at Night
Bathe in the evening to remove the day’s dead skin cells, dirt, and sweat. Keep in mind very hot water can irritate and dry out the skin. Use warm water and spend 15 minutes or less in the shower or bath.
2. Use Mild Soaps
Use unscented soaps, especially at night. Antibacterial and perfume-infused soaps can draw the moisture from your skin and cause itchiness.
3. Moisturize the Skin
Use a moisturizer created for dry skin conditions. Moisturizing after a bath or shower can help prevent itchiness as it replenishes the skin’s moisture.
4. Change the Sheets
Change your sheets frequently. If you cannot alternate bed linen daily, hang your bedding in direct sunlight to remove dust mites and any bacteria and dead skin cells.
5. Flip the Mattress
Use a mattress protector or flip mattress weekly as it may be home to millions of microscopic organisms. Replace the mattress when you can.
6. Call Pest Control
Have a pest control agent inspect for infestations. There may be an issue with bedbugs, body lice, fleas, or scabies mites. You can still feel the effects from these parasites without direct contact as they attach to clothing, linens, and mattresses.
7. Ventilate the Room
Sleep in a cool well-ventilated room. This will reduce body temperature and sweating, which can stimulate itchy dryness. Try keeping the bedroom heat down by opening a window, turning on a fan, or keeping the air conditioner on.
8. Use Lightweight Fabrics
Wear light cotton sleepwear and use light blankets. As your body temperature rises, so does the intensity of the itch.
When to Call a Doctor
If you have tried the aforementioned home remedies for nighttime itching with no relief, you may want to consult your doctor. Depending on the cause of your condition, you may be prescribed antihistamines to diminish itching or corticosteroids to reduce inflammation if itchiness is associated with a skin disorder.
You may need calcineurin inhibitors to suppress your immune system or even antidepressants. These will help in lessening the itch symptoms related to mental stress or psychogenic disorders.
Dry, itchy skin can be triggered by stimuli at night, which can interfere with your resting and sleeping times. There are various mild skin conditions that cause night itchiness as well as several health issues that should be addressed. Home remedies to counteract or prevent itchiness can be undertaken before calling a doctor. The answer may lie in your bedding, personal hygiene items, or even in the air you breathe. If all attempts fail, contact your doctor for guidance as it could be a hidden medical condition or a symptom of a related issue.
Now I am seven week pregnant. And from last 2 to 3 days. I have urine infection. Can you suggest what'll I do.
A healthy and nutritious breakfast can make a good morning even better. Myths and misconceptions are galore when it comes to a healthy breakfast. Many of the lip smacking breakfasts come with zero nutritional value, but they look so tempting that we fall for such delicacies. A healthy breakfast is not always healthy. Some of the assumed healthy and nutritious foodstuff can do your health more harm than good. Thus, one needs to get their facts right before zeroing upon a particular breakfast.
- French toast - a perfect toast to unhealthy life: Ideally, a healthy breakfast should give you energy and keep you fit and active throughout the day. French toast is anything, but healthy and nutritious. It has negligible nutritional value. With this breakfast, all those rigorous exercises will prove to be futile. Some people go a step further. They team this already unhealthy breakfast with French fries and sausages. This palatable breakfast can give your waistline nightmares, not to forget the associated health complications. Bread toast with boiled or scrambled eggs is a much healthier and nutritious alternative.
- Cake and pastry - the sweet devil: Cakes and pastries for breakfast are sure to throw your health in jeopardy. Pastries and cakes are both simple carbohydrates. When taken in, these are immediately broken down to glucose. An elevated glucose level often results in an abnormal rise in insulin level. This can lead to serious health problems, with diabetes and obesity being the most common complications. There will inflammation affecting the whole body. Your skin will be the worst affected. It will lose its radiance and appear wrinkled and saggy.
- Donut for breakfast - a complete evil: It is the best way to welcome the unwanted calories and fats into your body. Donuts mostly contain trans- fats that can result in serious healthy complications. You will feel lethargic throughout the day. Obesity and donuts are like two faces of the same coin.
- The sugary juice - a road to obesity: For some people, the breakfast is incomplete without fruit juices. While fruit juices appear as a good, healthy option, the facts are just the opposite. Freshly prepared juices can still be accepted, but the packaged fruit juices are a big no. The packaged juices are loaded with sugar that can never do your health any good. Whole fruit is a much better and recommended option for your health.
- Bagels - a big no: When loaded with cream or cheese are no longer considered healthy. Flavoured yogurts are equally unhealthy and should be avoided. Before going for packaged cereals, the nutritional contents should be well read and understood.
Your health is important. The sooner you realise this, the better it is. Reach us at to know more about the healthy breakfast options.
Hello. Am 25 year am married I have a 3 year child & next am pregnant. My problem is mere head mai jhuummi hoti hai like a vibrate 5mints I don't no why please tell me doctor.
- If you could take a pill daily that would lower your blood pressure, reduce stress, boost your immune system, and promote bonding with your mate, wouldn't you do it? You don't actually need a pill to tap these much-needed benefits. There's another way that's more fun, with no side effects: having sex with your mate. So why do so many couples let their relationships fall into a sex-free zone?
- It starts with your pressure-cooker job, on top of your load of household chores. Add your husband's own stressed-out work life, his ailing mother, and some unexpected bills that are throwing off your budget. Pepper the mix with two small (or large) children, and what you have is a recipe for a couple who would just as soon collapse on the couch as shimmy under the sheets.
- This scenario is so common that therapists have an acronym for it—DINS, as in "dual income, no sex." And it's not only men who are unhappy about it. According to an Australian study in the Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy, 28% of women ages 35 to 54 who are married or in long-term relationships would like more sex, please. With 53% of the men also reporting dissatisfaction, that means at least half of couples are experiencing a "desire gap."
Keeping track of your cycle probably doesn't sound that interesting or important, but you can benefit a lot by doing that. There are changes that your body goes through and there are specific times when you are ovulating; knowing all these would make your life a lot easier, which is only possible by tracking your period.
- Know about your body: Getting your period every 28 days has always been considered normal but only 15% of women get their periods on the clock. Many factors such as stress, illness, exercise etc can cause your period to delay. This is where tracking your cycle can help you finding the pattern that is specific to your body condition. During your cycle there are lots of changes happening in your body. The hormones cause a change in the fluid produced from your cervix and also lead the basal temperature of your body to increase. Monitoring these changes through tracking your cycle is known as the sympto-thermal method. By this way know about how fascinatingly your body works.
- Desire to get pregnant: Tracking your cycle will help you get pregnant. During your cycle, there is a specific time which heightens the possibility of conceiving. The fluid production from the cervix due to hormonal change is the cause of such possibility. Knowing your cycle can take out the stress from trying to get pregnant and it can also determine any abnormalities that are preventing your pregnancy.
- Avoid pregnancy: If you know the time when you are most likely to get pregnant through tracking, you obviously know when not to have sex if you are trying to avoid pregnancy. Using sympto-thermal method for the purpose of birth control has proven to be 99.6% effective, which is higher than birth control medications.
- Health benefits: You can reap a lot of health benefits by tracking your cycle. Conditions like fibroids, polycystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis are quite common in women, which can be detected by tracking your period. If anything is wrong in your reproductive system, the cycle will indicate it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.