Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Took I pill a month ago. Got the periods however two weeks late. Or delayed. Initially there were white discharges and abdominal cramps; however, everything is fine as of know and I even took four (4) home preg tests each after a gap of a week all were negative. Can we worry about pregnancy?
I would like to address one of your possible issues Called pms. At the monthly attack of the mother nature, women undergo a terrible combination of physical, psychological and emotional disturbances with varying severity. Though it is nothing to worry about, it highly upsets the environment for a few days.
1. Intense irritability and mood swings
2. Sadness and crying bouts
3. Poor concentration
4. Sleep disorders
5. Physiological changes including breast tenderness, headaches, digestive problems, bloating and weakness.
6. Stress, anxiety and low self esteem
These are some changes that you experience during those days. Have
You wondered about their causes?
# hormonal changes
# changes in the brain chemicals
# poor nutrition and dietary habits
# alcohol or caffeine consumption
# a family history of depression
The home remedies I am going to mention are suggested by different women who had experience fighting their pms symptoms.
1. Exercise. There is no question of what exercise and for how long. You can do any moderate exercise that you are comfortable with for at least 30 minutes. Some women also enjoy rigorous physical activity for 15 minutes. Cuddling up in bed is not recommended unless advised by the doctor.
2. A healthy diet with whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables. Low vitamins and nutrients can aggravate pms.
3. Sugary foods, excess salt, refined foods and caffeine should be controlled.
4. Some women find relief by eating foods rich in magnesium, Vitamin b6 and vitamin E.
5. If you have digestive problems, don't go hungry. Eat small, Frequent meals.
6. See if milk can make you feel better.
7. Omega 3 acids may improve your irritability and mood swings.
8. Try pineapples. Who knows, manganese in pineapples, brown rice Or raspberries may work better.
9. Sleep well for at least 8 hours at night.
10. Cultivate a habit of going out with family, friends or engage in creative habits, go to a spa, do yoga or just about anything
That would take the stress out. Ask privately if you need further information.
Doctor while I am doing toilet the toilet is like blood and it is paining and I fell to go toilet in every time.
Hi I am 29 years old female I am into my 5th week and 3 days pregnancy since two days I have notice little bleeding which is light red I have a cramping since yesterday afternoon till now and backache also but my cramping and backache are for sometime as they go away and come but yesterday afternoon it was painful and got relief by evening I am concern is everything ok as I have not made any appointment till yet for Dr. but did took pregnancy test was positive my last periods was on 7th sept 2016 please can you help.
We have been having unprotected sex for around a month and my girlfriend is facing problem like regular urination. Help me how to diagnose if she is pregnant or not . N how to terminate pregnancy.
Hi sir, I am a patient of insomnia. M in a deep depression. Take pills to sleep from past 3-4 years. But now I think these medicines showing its side effects m gaining weight day by day. What do I do. And I want to know weather these pills ll affect if I conceive in future. If yes then pls. Tell me how.
What are the reasons for pain near belly button. And also slightly bigger lower abdomen and stomach. All the 8 hpt with the help of preganews came negative. And also 2 beta hcg test were taken from 42 & 63 days after the unprotected sex incident. Also the unprotected sex took place on the 5th day of period. The cycle has always, been regular for past 6 months. Its always 26-33 days. The incident took place in november 2015. And after 18 hrs an I pill was also taken as a precaution. Got bleeding for 2 days after 6 days of I pill intake. Got a normal period in december and january for 4 days. Within 30-33 day gap. But in february had period on the 29th day cycle. But only for 1 day. After that only spotting for 2 days. On 73 days from the november incident a transabdomen ultrasound was taken which showed uterus is anteverted. Empty and measures 8.9cm*4.7cm*3.6cm. So can it be pregnancy or it is something else. Also I do not want to get. Pregnant now. please help me.
High Potassium Foods
- White Beans
- Dark Leafy Greens (Spinach)
- Baked Potatoes (With Skin)
- Dried Apricots
- Baked Acorn Squash
- Yogurt (Plain, Skim/Non-Fat)
- Mushrooms (White)
Many people have a common workout woe that while they are working out for hours they are not losing weight. The reason on a broad sense is simply that you are undoing your workout. Let me explain the reasons here.
1. Calorie overload/dieting - A general opinion amongst a lot of people is that since they are working out, they can binge on their favourite foods. Another group of people are those who workout with utmost sincerity but do not eat post workout. Both are equally harmful and aide fat generation.
2. Not staying hydrated - While working out, our bodies lose a lot of water. Often, we confuse the feeling of being thirsty as being hungry. So after a workout, when one might actually be hungry, one ends up filling the stomach with food. Stay hydrated at all times, especially before and after workout.
3. Drinking alcohol - A lot of people workout during the day and drink in the evening. This is a strict no-no and if not adhered to, you will end up gaining more weight than losing. Usually it is recommended staying completely off alcohol while trying to lose weight because drinks have calories and high sugar content. If abstaining is difficult, restrict the quantity.
4. Not working out enough - Human mind can be fooled very easily into believing what is not. We often believe that we our workout is enough and we don’t need to increase the number of counts, level of difficulty etc. It is good to give yourself a pat in the back, but never too soon.
5. Rewarding yourself - Rewarding yourself after losing every kilo is a very bad idea. Set a big goal and reward yourself only once achieved.
6. Drinking energy drinks - Advertisements promote energy drinks as a must for people who are working out. What they conveniently hide is the fact that these drinks are full of sugar.
7. Not eating enough vegetables - Many people turn to protein shakes and unhealthy foods instead of eating regular home-cooked vegetables which are packed with nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Me and my girl had an intercourse I made sure I didn't load inside two days prior her period she have to start her cycle on 23rd of Feb but she didn't she felt cramps and tender breast and she is discharging white fluid and sometimes she felt her period started but it actually didn't is she pregnant or is it just an irregular period.
Today employees working in rotating shift duty at different services across 24 hrs in each week (24/7)is a common work culture phenomena. Being a consultant I found that shift duty as a major cause of some common but persistent health problems. Shift rotating duties may lead to increased degeneration process of the body. If we consider increasing age as a factor along with this, it can lead to serious health problems in some individuals. In addition to this employees take a meal in canteens but its food quality, making methods and nutritional value are different from home. All these factors lead to health problems commonly related to the digestive system and other systems of the body.
Shift duties as risk factors to diseases
1) Cardiovascular disease (heart diseases)
2) Stress, depression
3) Insomnia (no sleep), headache
5) Gastrointestinal disorders -acidity, bloating, IBS etc.
6) Musculoskeletal disorders - joint pain, back pain etc.
7) Diabetes, asthma...
It's not just about shift duty; our body is well adjustable to any situation. It just needs time to adjust .As the body and circadian clock trying to adjust; your duty shift rotates again. In this cycle of the rotation, body tends to have more wear and tear resulting in health problems as it affects body metabolism and immunity. Research shows that injuries and accidents have been estimated to increase by 15% in evening shifts and 28% in night shifts. U S - NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY and HEALTH recommends employers to avoid quick shift changes and should rotating shifts schedules should rotate forward.
A Recent study shows that 12am to 3 am is the natural time of healing and detoxification of the body. This period is essential to maintain an equilibrium of body as well as of mind.
Ayurveda says that constituents of the human body should be in SAMYA AVASTHA (BALANCED) to maintain body health and mind health. That becomes hard to achieve due to shifting duties nowadays. Ayurveda will help you in this regard by
1) Suggesting lifestyle changes
2) Diet plan
3) Exercise and yoga
4) Detoxification therapies
5) Medicines -if needed to treat health problems.
Hi doctor my sister can not become pregnant because my Jiju have no of counts less, they tried ivf also but all is vain. What to do?
I had sex 3 days back. And I took i-pill on my third day. I doubt that a single drop of sperm went inside. Is there any chance of getting pregnant. Also I am on my third day of periods.
Hello sir/mam! I am 23 yr, 1 years back in october 2015 I had taken periods delaying tablet uske bd periods thoda upar niche ho rhe the. Uske bd I had taken ocp 72 hr in January. Uske kuch din bad se mere periods delay ho rhe the 15-20 days weight gain b ho rha h. 15 days z the maximum days jb delay hote h.abhi kuch din pehle hi itna delay hue. Den bleeding bhi jyda nhi hui but blood was in darkest red or brown in colour. 2 din bleeding rahi uske kuch din bd spotting dikh rhi thi. Or aj thoda bleeding hui. I do not understand muje kya ho rha. Is there any serious problem? Please help!
Consuming 2.5 spoons horlicks with warm water early in the morning is better or 4 spoons sattu in water? Please tell.
1. Bananas help overcome depression due to high levels of tryptophan, which is converted into serotonin — the happy-mood brain neurotransmitter.
2. Eat two bananas before a strenuous workout to pack an energy punch and sustain your blood sugar.
3. Protect against muscle cramps during workouts and nighttime leg cramps by eating a banana.
4. Counteract calcium loss during urination and build strong bones by supplementing with a banana.
5. Improve your mood and reduce pms symptoms by eating a banana, which regulates blood sugar and produces stress-relieving relaxation.
6. Bananas reduce swelling, protect against type ii diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen the nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high levels of vitamin b-6.
7. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron from bananas.
8. High in potassium and low in salt, bananas are officially recognized by the fda as being able to lower blood pressure and protect against heart attack and stroke.
Eating bananas aids digestion
- Rich in pectin, bananas aid digestion and gently chelate toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- Bananas act as a prebiotic, stimulating the growth of friendly bacteria in the bowel. They also produce digestive enzymes to assist in absorbing nutrients.
- Constipated? high fiber in bananas can help normalize bowel motility.
- Got the runs? bananas are soothing to the digestive tract and help restore lost electrolytes after diarrhoea.
- Bananas are a natural antacid, providing relief from acid reflux, heartburn and gerd.
- Bananas are the only raw fruit that can be consumed without distress to relieve stomach ulcers by coating the lining of the stomach against corrosive acids.
Natural cures from a simple banana
- ?Eating bananas will help prevent kidney cancer, protects the eyes against macular degeneration and builds strong bones by increasing calcium absorption.
- Bananas make you smarter and help with learning by making you more alert. Eat a banana before an exam to benefit from the high levels of potassium.
- Bananas are high in antioxidants, providing protection from free radicals and chronic disease.
- Eating a banana between meals helps stabilize blood sugar and reduce nausea from morning sickness.
- Rub a bug bite or hives with the inside of the banana peel to relieve itching and irritation.
- Control blood sugar and avoid binging between meals by eating a banana.
- Eating a banana can lower the body temperature and cool you during a fever or on a hot day.
- The natural mood-enhancer tryptophan, helps to relieve seasonal affective disorder (sad).
- Quitting smoking? bananas contain high levels of b-vitamins as well as potassium and magnesium to speed recovery from the effects of withdrawal.