Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D.R Gonsalves KohliYour feedback matters!
I want to conceive a baby after 2 months. What kind of precaution I take (in food, in lifestyle changes)
I am a 32 years old married women and i suffer from irregular periods my doctor has prescribed Novelon tablets and sysron n tablets and i am having it for the past three months last sunday i vomited twice and started feeling giddy and went to a doctor who said that my blood pressure had slightly shot up and prescribed stemetil md but yeasterday when i got my blood pressure measured it was 150/70 when i contacted my doctor he told me to continue with stemetil md help i never had this pressure problem is it the side effect of novelon? kindly advise
The inability to conceive after indulging in unprotected sex is known as infertility. It can also be referred to the biological incapability of a male to cause the conception or a woman being unable to carry the pregnancy for full term. Research has shown that female problems contribute to over half of all the infertility cases while a majority of the other causes include sperm disorders.
Treatment of infertility depends on:
- Cause of Infertility
- Duration of Infertility
- Age of both partners
- Personal preferences
Causes of infertility in women include:
1. Ovulation disorders: This is regarded as the most common cause of infertility in women. The disorders can be caused due to the following
- Premature ovarian failure
- PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Poor egg quality
- Overactive or Underactive thyroid gland
- Chronic conditions like cancer or AIDS.
2. Problems in fallopian tubes or uterus: Abnormalities in the uterus or fallopian tubes render the woman incapable of conceiving naturally. This might be due to:
- Submucosal fibroids
- Previous sterilization treatment
3. Medications: There is a possibility that treatment will cure infertility. Examples include NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Treatment of infertility might involve a significant amount of psychological, physical, temporal and financial commitments.
In men, treatment is done to treat lack of healthy sperm or general sexual problems. The treatments include:
- Change in lifestyle
- Sperm retrieval
You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Woman.
Even though it is possible to restore fertility in women using only one or two therapies, a number of treatments might be required before conception is possible. Some of these treatments include:
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Stimulation of ovulation with fertility drugs
- Surgery to restore fertility
In situations where pregnancy does not happen spontaneously, Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) can be used by couples to achieve pregnancy. It is a form of fertility treatment which involves the handling of sperm and egg. The entire ART team consists of psychologists, physicians, embryologists, nurses and lab technicians.
One common ART technique is In vitro fertilization (IVF). It is a process where an egg and sperms are manually combined in a laboratory dish, followed by transfer of embryo to the uterus. Some aspects involved in an IVF cycle are:
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Assisted hatching
- Donor eggs or sperm
- Gestational carrier
Some complications that may occur during the treatment of infertility are:
- Multiple pregnancy
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS)
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Sir. Im 27 years old 56 kg suffering from thyroid and irregular period .I can not get my periods until and unless without taking tablets so I take for evry 2 months for 5 days then I can get period after a week for 3 days .blood goes normally for 2 days and how the day ends blood starts stopping from 2nday night onwrdsand complete stops on 3rd day evng. I take thyroid tablet 50 mg daily empty stomach before breakfast at any time when I wakeup. But these days don't know what happened my face getting swelling. And day bi day the problem is increasing more compare to my body my face is bigger than normally wht it has actually. So currently I done my thyroid test, blood test and sugar test as well Reports. thyroid--- Tri-iodothyroine total (TT3: 133.84 ng/dl thyroxine-total (TT4: 11.57 g/dL Thyroid Stimulating hormone (TSH: 5.19 iU/ml Haemoglobin---------14. 7gm/dl Blood Glucose Fasting: 80.9 mg/dl Parallel urine sugar: Absent Post meal (2 hrs after meals: 108.6 mg/dl Parallel urine sugar: Absent Method: GOD-POD/End point So want to know what could b reason Y dis is happening im worrying alot because my face is changing as well. How to get cure naturally or which Dr. I have to consult Regarding my problem suggest me.
I had unsafe intercourse with my partner 7 days ago, my periods date is 12th june but still do not come. I do not want to be pregnant at any cost. Plzz suggest me smthng so that my periods come and I do not get pregnant. Is meprate10 mg can be taken good for me to avoid pregnancy. Or suggest some other medicine for periods. If by chance I got pregnant than is it safe to use abortion pills coz I can not go to a doctor now. Please solve my query. N please keep it confidential. I'll be very thankful to you.
Meri gf k periods ki date 3 h bt 11 k baad b uske periods nhi aaye. We did sex but forgot to use condom. But ending andar nhi kari. Kya fir b wo pregnant ho sakti h if yes den kya iss pregnancy ko tblt se roka jaa sakta h?
I had unprotected sex on 15th n 16th February. My periods are generally regular. My last period was on 24th January. What are the chances of me getting pregnant.
Hi, I have a friend whose periods last for around 10 days. She weighs around 53 kgs and 5.8 feet in height. She is 22 now. Is this normal? If not What must she do?
Should I and my partner go to blood test before having sex? Because this will make us aware about transmitted diseases. Ex:- HIV. Is this right? And any other alternate option that will give 100% security for having Sex with partner.
I had 4.8 hemoglobin rate due to which I got irregular periods. Now got treated nd increase its rate to 11. But still suffer frm irregular periods.
I have missed my period last month last period comes around July last week its more than 45 days what should I do. Also I have not done any unprotected sex.
1. Sit straight in your chair with support of lumbar roll, rolled towel or small pillow over low back area.
2. Try to sit on the edge of chair so that you do not lean forward. While sitting on edge is comfortable to make your spine erect, form an arch, make your head to drop in front and your shoulders to round.
3. Drop your shoulders and rest them.
4. Arms should be close to your sides with elbows bend at 90 degree position.
5. Head should be stretch towards the ceiling.
6. Chin tuck in.
7. Upper back should be straight by rolling shoulders backwards along with tummy tuck in.
8. Neck in comfortable straight position.
9. The height of the table should be adjusted in a way so that it should not be too high or too low in the level of eyes so that neck should not bend up or down.
10. Knees should be in 90 degree flexion so that they are on level with your hips.
11. Feet should be place flat on the floor. Make sure it should make a level with knee and hip position. If knee or leg pains then you can also keep small stool or footstool or other support to rest your foot on it.