Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D.R Gonsalves Kohli
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D.R Gonsalves KohliYour feedback matters!
Vaginal issues are usually connected with anomalies when it comes to discharge and even hormonal imbalances. A lot of ladies experience irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting between periods at some point in their lives. However, the periods might at times be irregular. Sometimes the bleeding is irregular and can occur at any age. Abnormal vaginal bleeding outside your menstrual cycle is called metrorrhagia and should be reported to a doctor immediately. In case it is accompanied by light-headedness, extreme pain or fever, urgent medical intervention might be needed. The bleeding is said to be abnormal when you are suffering from:
- Unexpected periods
- When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than usual
- When it is not expected like before age 9, when you are pregnant, or after menopause
Causes: Some of the most common causes for this abnormal bleeding could be:
- A growth in the uterus or cervix
- Medication change
- Premature delivery
- Vaginal dryness
- Hormone imbalance
- Polycystic ovary disorder (PCOS) , a hormonal imbalance.
- Contraceptive pills
- Possible pregnancy
Medical Help: Since abnormal bleeding could be a cause for concern, one must consult a doctor. Neglecting to see a specialist can worsen the problem. There is no home treatment for unusual vaginal bleeding. The treatment might depend on a number of factors. It includes the cause of bleeding, your age and whether you have children. Most of the women can be easily treated with medication while some of them might need surgical attention. With a few types of vaginal bleeding, it might be all right to hold up to check whether the draining stops or not. Check your symptoms to choose if you need to see a specialist.
Medication: Medicines for treatment of abnormal vaginal bleeding depend upon the cause. Some of the treatments are as follows:
- In case the reason for the bleeding is absence of ovulation (anovulation), specialists may prescribe progesterone.
- In the event that the reason for the bleeding is a precancerous or change in the coating of the uterus, progesterone medicines are prescribed.
- In case the reason is polyps or other kinds of growth, they are then removed surgically.
- In these cases, oral contraceptives can enhance cycle control and diminish dying.
- If the bleeding is excessive and cannot be controlled by any medicines, a surgical called dilation and curettage (D&C) might be vital.
- A hysterectomy is required when hormonal drugs can't control excessive bleeding.
A patient needs to make sure that only a professional should prescribe the medicines. One should not take over-the-counter medicines. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
My wife is having many different pregnancy symptoms but yet getting a negative test result. Her period is set to come on tomorrow or Monday possible but with the different symptoms could she be pregnant and why negative test results if so?
Dear doctors we got married 8 months before still now my wife didn't get pregnant. I am having doubt after ovulation day we do sex for 4 or 5 days but after that if we can do sex or not. If we do sex after ovulation for my wife pregnant is possible or due to the sex pregnant will not happen. I want to clarify the doubt wat are all the time do sex without getting affect the pregnant please suggest me.
Bipolar disorder is also known as manic depression. This usually sets in low and high moods in a person along with changes in energy and sleep.
People with bipolar disorder tend to have periodical changes; sometimes they are over happy and other times they might feel sad, depressed and hopeless. Between these changes they are normal. The highs and lows are considered as extreme poles of moods, thus the name bipolar disorder.
Manic term is used when a person with bipolar disorder is highly excited and feels confident. Also, feelings of irritability and recklessness along with irrationality might occur. Some people with mania might have a hallucinations that is they see and hear things that are not there, along with delusions.
The term hypomania is used to describe mild symptoms of mania, in which a person does not have hallucinations and delusions and the symptoms do not interfere with their daily life. Similarly, the term depressive is used to describe a person's time when they feel depressed or sad.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
- The highs and lows in a bipolar disorder do not follow any set pattern. One might feel manic or depressed for hours or days or weeks, months and even years together, before they actually switch to a happy mood. The severity depends from person to person and also changes with time by becoming less or more severe.
- Symptoms of mania or the high are extreme excitement, change from being happy to angry and irritable along with restlessness, speech is rapid with low concentration, less sleep and increased energy, grand plans, alcohol and drug abuse and impulsiveness.
- Symptoms of low or depressive phase are lethargy, worthlessness, feeling of sadness and hopelessness, lowered concentration, irritability, loss of sleep or excessive sleeping, loss of appetite and suicidal tendencies.
Diagnosis of Bipolar Disorder
- In case someone exhibits symptoms of bipolar disorder, then talking to a psychiatrist or a doctor helps. Doctors ask questions related to the mental illness and the associated concerns. Diagnosis is basically recognizing the symptoms of the person, whether they are due to some underlying cause or mood swings because of excessive alcohol. The symptoms have to be noted and the duration, for which they last along with the severity should all be noted. The most obvious symptoms are that of lows and highs in mood and changes in behavior, energy, sleep and thoughts.
- Consulting a doctor or talking to family and friends helps to differentiate the symptoms of bipolar disorder from unipolar disorder.
- Medicines that have mood stabilizers, such as lamotrigine, valproate, lithium, carbamazepine and antipsychotics such as olanzapine, quetiapine should be taken. Psychotherapy is also recommended.
Hi sir, my wife is 3months pregnancy n it was by ivf. Now we were done blood test today tsh is. 09 n t4 is 2.03. Is there any risk to baby? Please suggest me a good solution please.
Dysentery is the inflammation of the intestine that causes appearance of blood and mucous in stool. It is caused by bacteria or parasites. In this condition, the patient passes semi liquid stool many times in a day. It is a contagious disease and is transmitted via the faecal oral route. Thus, a group of people like a family living together or students in a hostel are more prone to picking up the infection. This infection is also transmitted via anal sex.
Ayurveda is a herbal medicinal treatment, originated in India. It is known to have cure for various health problems. Usually Diarrhoea cures itself through diet change, but in case of dysentery, medication is required to combat bacteria and parasites. Some ways to treat Dysentery with Ayurvedic remedies are as follows:
- Isabbael for Chronic Amoebiasis: Isabbael is a formulation that treats dysentery caused due to Amoebiasis. When the stool contains mucus and the infected patient feels a cramp before passing stool, it is considered an Amoebiasis infection. Isabbael is very good for bacillary dysentery as well. It is advised to consume 1 teaspoonful twice daily with water for 5 to 7 days for best results.
- Ambimap for dysentery: Ambimap herbal formulation possesses a multi-purpose approach to control and cure dysentery (Pravahika). It is known to treat and cure all types of parasitic infection and provides immediate relief. For best results, 1 or 2 tablets should be taken 2 to 3 times a day with water.
- Churna for dysentery: Churna is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine in powdered form and is high beneficial in treating dysentery.
You can also opt for Ayurvedic remedies that can be formulated at home. They are as follows:
- Combine powdered dry ginger root, amla powder, long and black pepper in equal proportions. It is advisable to store this dry mixture in a glass container. For best results, consume one teaspoon of this mixture with lukewarm water two times a day.
- Another great way to combat dysentery is to drink buttermilk. Just add a bit of rock salt as well as powdered roasted cumin seeds. Drink this mixture two times a day preferably with breakfast and at lunchtime. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Am 35mnth pregnant after my last 9th month scanning the result shows umbilical cord is rounded for d baby in neck. And yesterday onwards I feel pain in and side part of stomach in left side. Am afraid and pls snd me a suitable rly. Soon.
What to do for irregular periods. I tuk medication for pcod prob from gyno but dint work out. I dnt have thyroid prob too. Its very much normal. Am putting on weight bcoz of irregular period. Please help me.
I am 23 years old. I got married in dec 12 2015. On june 10 2015 I came to know that I am having pcod I want to conceive please suggest what could I do my periods are regular but my digestion system is not working properly.
I am 24 years old my last period date is 06/01/2016 up to now I am not getting period. I was checked pregnancy test it is positive but I am getting lower abdominal pain why this pain occurs.
The most advanced and effective communication device in this century is mobile phone. Mobile phone is not only being used by the corporate or highly qualified professional. People from all type of social group have mobile phone in their hands now. Usage of the mobile phone is not increased only with all social groups but also with people of all age groups. Children are the more noticeable group as they are using cell phones of all types. A recent research study shows that children are really capable of using any advanced type of mobile phones even without any proper guidance. Though mobile phones are the effective mode of communication, it is a well known fact that it also has adverse side effects if being over used. The mobile phones emit shockwave radioactive radiations that affect the body in various manners.
Adverse effects of mobile phone usage:
Today's children are growing up in a radio-frequency environment that never existed in human history before. The radiation emitted by mobile phones and mobile phone masts can have adverse effects on children. Some include:
- Affects your Immunity Status: cell phones after a full day usage contains many germs on their display which are highly numbered than your toilet seats. These germs are easily transferred to your body as you touch frequently or use close to your face for talking. This increases the risk of exposure to the germs and reduces your immune strength as immune status are not fully developed for children.
- Increase Risk of Chronic Pains: prolonged use of mobile phones for playing games or texting requires continuous movement for your hands which may develop chronic pain in joints of your shoulders and hands.
- Vision Problem: children when concentrate much on playing games in mobile phone they even fail to blink frequently with the increased interest and attraction towards the game. This causes the dryness of the conjunctiva and also increases the ocular tension.
- Affects your emotions negatively and increases the stress level
Mobile Phone Safety For Kids:
As a parent, you must take preventive measures to minimize your child's exposure to the harmful effects of mobile phones. These include:
- Do not give cell phone if your child is under 16 years. A child's brain is too sensitive to withstand the effects of mobile radiation.
- Do not let your child hold a mobile phone directly up to his head. Use an air-tube headset instead.
- Do not let your child make calls in buses, trains, cars, and elevators. The mobile phone works harder to get the signal out through the metal, which increases the power level.
- Do not let your child use cell phone when the signal is weak. It will increase the power to the maximum, as the phone attempts to connect to a new relay antenna.
- Limit the use of cell phone around children.
- Make sure that there is no mobile phone mast or network tower near your home or your kid's school.
- Do not let children take mobile phones to school.
- Do not leave mobile phones in your children's bedroom at night.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am not getting pregnent after stoping the ocp before 3 months ago, how much time it will take to become pregnent I was using the ocps from last 2 years.
I have low lying anterior placenta in my 20th week now I take scan in my 30th week it was normal now. There is a way to get normal delivery.
I get my periods sometimes at the cycle of 25 or 26 is it any problem due to thyroid, is there any problem for conceiving.
My friend was discussing about oral sex. Soon he is going to get married. Is it good or bad to have such habit with wife and each other.
11 tips to overcome loneliness
I have seen in my practice as a counsellor too often, that people are living in big cities, full of people, but they feel very lonely from within and at the brink of anxiety and depression.
Simply defined, loneliness is a condition of emotional disconnect, socially feeling misfit and never ending solitude. Lonely people often feel insecure and pessimistic about finding desirable and compatible friendships. Poor self-esteem and an underdeveloped sense of one's worthiness, likeability and attractiveness prevent the lonely person from taking risks and venturing out into new relationships. Hence, they typically lack confidence and enthusiasm to pursue new relationships or nurture existing ones. As a chronic condition, it can be emotionally and psychologically debilitating.
Contrary to what many people believe, loneliness isn't just a result of being alone or an absence of friends. It is a deeper problem that is caused by thoughts and feelings of inadequacy, imperfection and shame. Chronically lonely people are often holding onto pessimistic predictions about the prospects of finding companionship, social connections and supportive relationships.
The lonely often suffer in silence. For many, it is hidden behind a facade of normalcy. While smiling and having fun, many hide their core feelings of loneliness. For these people, loneliness is not a reflection of what is happening in their lives at any given moment, but what occurs secretively and silently within them. When around people they know, they pretend to be upbeat, positive and happy, while at the same time feeling unworthy and insecure. Since it is a shame-based experience, it is typically kept a secret.
Lonely people inadvertently put themselves in a catch-22 situation: social opportunities seem like a heavy burden fraught with the potential of rejection or abandonment. The more you feel lonely, the more you feel inadequate and unworthy, the more you stop believing anyone will ever like or love you, the more you isolate. With a belief of potential rejection or abandonment, the lonely person is unable to put their best foot forward in any given social situation. Hence, loneliness feeds on itself.
The causes of loneliness are varied and multi-dimensional, including social, psychological and physiological factors. The major cause of chronic loneliness is often attributed to early developmental factors such as a child's lack of attachment to their adult caregivers who only conditionally love (love with strings attached) their children. Similarly, childhood neglect, abuse and abandonment are early childhood factors that eventually manifest into adult loneliness.
Since loneliness is a deeply embedded psychological experience (condition), having enough friends can never result in feeling secure and lovable. Building up one's self-esteem and ability to love, respect and care for oneself is fundamental in solving and healing the deeper psychological conditions that create chronic loneliness. Counselling helps people to explore their early childhood wounds in a safe and confidential space and learn new ways to 're-parent' themselves by learning to love, acknowledge and appreciate themselves.
Life is too short to waste on suffering from core loneliness. Please heed to my suggestion: open up, take a chance and access the hidden part of you that deserves true and loving companions. Heal your childhood wounds. Learn to love yourself and eliminate loneliness from your life!
The following are 10 tips to battle and conquer loneliness:
1. Catch your inner critic's attempts to sabotage yourself. Pay attention to self-degrading thoughts like 'I am too fat for anybody to want to date' I wish I were funnier and had interesting things to say 'or' people never seem to understand me,
2. Replace negative self-talk with affirming messages, such as 'I am perfectly lovable just as I am' and 'I welcome love, friendship and support into my life'
3. Fight the urge to isolate. Isolation validates your fears that you are not worthy of the love and support you absolutely deserve. Sometimes you have to force yourself to do exactly that which you are dreading -- like putting yourself out there.
4. Weed out the toxic relationships and create space in your life for relationships that fuel your spirit. You can't grow lovely succulent vegetables with a large patchwork of weeds.
5. Nurture your support network. Even if there is only one person to start with, you can build on it. Don't underestimate the importance of what you have to offer.
6. Expand your social network. Online social sites such as meetup. Com is an ideal place to meet people and to explore hobbies, interests and social groups.
7. Open your self-up, take risks, and allow yourself to be vulnerable. Since loneliness results in isolation, experiment by sharing aspects of yourself, including experiences, feelings, memories, dreams, desires, etc. This will help you feel more known and understood.
8. Ask for what you need. Find your voice. Tell people what you need from them to alleviate the loneliness. Friends respond to direct messages for help and support. Give it a try, you might be surprised!
9. Take action. Don't wait for an invitation. Be willing to take a risk, be proactive and invite people to share in your life, whether it is for coffee, lunch, a walk, an event or a gathering in your home.
10. Recognize the importance of being alone and enjoying solitude. Being alone is not the same as being lonely. Peace, quiet, freedom, space and the opportunity to connect with your deeper self.
11. Consider therapy. Counseling is something that is healthy and proactive that can help you overcome the self-defeating behaviors that exacerbate loneliness. With the support of a therapist, you can change your thinking and relationship patterns and achieve the life you want!