Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. D K Kohli
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. D K KohliYour feedback matters!
- Heart: smoking is the biggest risk factor for all heart diseases. It accelerates the process of fat deposition in the inner walls of arteries (atherosclerosis). It increases blood pressure and heart rate. Not only these, smoking increases tendency for the blood to clot. It reduces the capacity of a person to exercise.
- Lungs: smoking destroys small hairs present in upper parts of airways. In normal persons these hairs protect lungs from germs, dust and other harmful particles. When this natural cleaning system is damaged germs, dust, smoke and other harmful chemicals enter lungs causing infection, cough and lung cancer. The air sacs of lungs (alveoli) get permanently damaged causing difficulty in breathing.
- Digestive system: smoking causes heart burn, delays healing of peptic ulcers, increases risk of crohn’s disease and formation of gall stones. It affects liver and increases chances of stomach cancer.
- Legs: smoking affects blood vessels of legs causing chronic pain in legs. This may further progress to cause gangrene of toes or feet.
- Eyes: the sensitive blood vessels of eye are easily damaged by smoking. This causes blood shot appearance of eyes and itching. In heavy smokers it may lead to degeneration and loss of eyesight. Smokers are at an increased risk of cataracts.
- Skin: due to smoking the skin is deprived of oxygen and it loses its texture. An average smoker looks 5 years older than his healthy non smoking counterparts. The skin loses its healthy glow and takes on a yellowish-gray cast. The more cigarettes smoked, the worse skin will look. Wrinkles start appearing very quickly as smoking affects elastic tissues of skin.
- Bones: it accelerates the process of osteoporosis
- Cancer: smoking causes cancer of lungs, larynx, oral cavity, pharynx, oesophagus and bladder. Tobacco smoke contains more than 60 substances which cause cancer. 87% lung cancer death occurs due to smoking.
- Reproductive system: smoking reduces fertility in both men and women.
- In women: smoking imbalances estrogen hormone in women. It causes dryness of vagina and reduces blood flow to genital organs. Women who smoke can get diseases of fallopian tubes and their egg production is affected. Smoking can cause abortion. It accelerates aging process and can cause early menopause.
- The growth of baby retards when mother smokes in pregnancy. It affects the brain development of baby and reduces iq. This happens even when mother is a passive smoker. The chances of miscarriage, premature birth and fetal death increase.
- In men: smoking impairs erections and can become a reason for erectile dysfunction. It also reduces sperm count and impairs sperm motility. But these are reversed after stopping smoking.
Hence quit smoking. Quitting smoking has immediate as well as long-term benefits for you and your loved ones
I had sex with my gf after 1 day from her period. After 2 days she took an unwanted 72. There is any chance for her to getting pregnant.
My wife is 2 months 3 days pregnant and she eat food and have vomiting and she has stomach pain is this is common.
How many time takes to girl become pregnant after intercourse? What is the conditions for a men and women to become parents? I need to know this basic things.
Sir / madam. My wife is 32 weeks pregnant. From the 3rd month on wards we have done scanning two times. That is on 3rs month and 5th month. Baby position is in cephalic. But recently in 32 weeks scanning baby position is in breech. Will baby move again into cephalic? Why baby moved into breech position in the 32 weeks. Can you please tell me the reasons and suggestions. Is there any complications?
Your habits have created who you really are. If you look at your habits, you can see how they act as building blocks that construct your true life. Many of you are unaware of the actions and thoughts you habitually commit each day. Scientific research suggests that the average person is only 5-20% consciously aware of the actions and habits they embrace each day. This means 80% or more of what we do is unconscious.
Most of the things you do in your daily life, you have no idea why you are doing them. Your habits eventually create something. The habits you embrace cause the effects you see.
- The goal is to catch yourself.
- The goal is to be awake and be aware of where you are spending your energy.
- The goal is to create new habits that can build a new you.
If you are willing to take a conscious approach to creating new habits, you effortlessly transform your lives. Let’s release the old, toxic, unproductive habits and embrace new, empowering and positive ones for a better tomorrow. Having said that, given below are 3 powerful habits that can change your life for the better:
- Positive mental attitude: It is the most important habit that you can cultivate within yourself as it helps you to develop other life-changing habits in your life. While positive thinking will not make you instantly successful, it can help you gain the mental fortitude that you need to work hard and succeed. You must try to eliminate negative thoughts from your mind and focus on the positives in your life instead. It is one of the most valuable skills one can have.
- How to do it: Keep a journal and maintain a log of negative thoughts that come to your mind and a positive thought with which you can replace it. Writing the positive thought will help you reinforce the message to yourself.
- Exercise: A healthy mind is not possible without a healthy lifestyle. You need to focus on your physical fitness and health to be able to keep a positive mindset. Developing a habit of exercising as frequently as possible is an awesome idea and to start small is the best way to go about it. Exercising and being fit allows you to be more confident about yourself, relieves stress. It also releases serotonin, which keeps you happy and positive.
- How to do it: Prepare a schedule for yourself and allocate your free time judiciously to exercising.
- Be goal oriented: We all have goals that we need to achieve but running headstrong into all of them at the same time is actually bad for your progress. It is essential to focus only on one goal at a time to be able to achieve them fully. No matter how great of a multi-tasker you may be, focusing on multiple goals divides your energy, focus and makes you less effective than you could be.
- How to do it: If you have set big goals for yourself, try to break them down into smaller manageable chunks and try to achieve them one at a time. Keep track of your progress at all times to know how far you have come and what you need to do to achieve your goals.
Remember, do not be disheartened if things do not work out for you initially. Instead of giving up, simply take a step back and re-evaluate what went wrong before going forward again. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The condition in which blood appears in the urine is known as hematuria. The loss of blood in this condition could be gross or microscopic depending on the cause of the condition. There are several causes why blood may appear in the urine. Whatever the cause may be, hematuria is mostly indicative of a serious medical condition.
Here are 5 reasons that cause blood to appear in the urine.
Infections like urethritis, pyelonephritis, cystitis or infection in any other body organ along the urinary tract is one of the most common causes of hematuria. Such bacterial infection in the urethra can also infect the kidneys and the urinary bladder. It results in the urge to urinate frequently and also causes blood to appear in the urine.
Another reason that can cause blood to appear in the urine is the presence of stones in the kidney or bladder. These stones are crystallized minerals that are formed in the kidney or the bladder but fail to pass through the urinary tract. They cause blockage and pain and result in hematuria.
3. An enlarged prostate
An enlarged prostate is a common cause of appearance of blood in the urine in men who are in their middle ages or older. Enlargement of the prostate gland causes the urethra to be compressed. This prevents the urethra from getting fully emptied while urination.
PKD is a kidney disorder in which cysts filled with fluid form in the kidneys and impair the kidneys, causing them to fail entirely at times. It is an inherited disease and causes blood to appear in the urine.
In children who are between 6-10 years of age, kidney disorder after streptococcal glomerulonephritis can be a possible cause of hematuria.
A cancerous kidney, bladder or prostate gland can also cause blood to appear in the urine. It is another major cause of hematuria but usually occurs in older patients. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist.