Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. D K DassYour feedback matters!
I work on my computer for more than five hours and I am having backache and also getting yellow teeth.
Is there any permanent cure of cervical if yes how long does it take for permanent cure? Please advise.
Hi I am 43 years male and I have pain in my both legs from knees down to feet. Sometime under feet difficult to walk. Also hv lower back pain. When get up in morning time it's difficult.
Low back pain is one of the most common medical problems and it occurs due to injury associated with the nerves, bones, and muscles of the back. The pain can vary from a sharp shooting pain that happens at various intervals to a gnawing pain that can last for weeks on end. While the former can go away with some muscle relaxant, the latter may need a combination of medications and exercise.
- Common reasons include improper sleeping posture, lifting, fracture, lack of exercise, disk injuries, arthritis, and many more. Most of these instances would lead to medium to long term pain that will not subside on its own and for long Physiotherapy has proven to provide good relief.
- The aim of physiotherapy is to reduce pain, improve movement, and maintain the spinal function in the long run. Most often, the therapy sessions would last for about 4 weeks when the regular course of medications have not helped much.
- Nerves, muscles, bones, and disks of the lower back are supported by the abdominal and back muscles. The intent of the exercise is to strengthen these two sets of muscles so that the spine/lower back per se is not very susceptible to injury. The exercises would be a combination of stretching followed by strengthening and conditioning, all aimed at these two sets of muscles.
- Some common exercises include bottom to heels stretch, knee rolls, back extensions, deep abdominal strengthening, and pelvic tilts.
- In addition to being used as a sole mean of treatment, physiotherapy is also used in back pain to treat severe cases both pre and post surgically. What is corrected by surgery needs to be enhanced by the regular exercises as prescribed by the doctor.
- One disclaimer that a doctor might want to give is that physiotherapy may not be beneficial if exercises are not done properly or if the patients do not adhere to the scheduled prescription. The long term success depends not just on getting the relief, but on following the maintenance exercises as prescribed. This is more important and helps avoid relapse of the back pain. A good posture and improved core stability with ongoing exercises is the key to success of physiotherapy in low back pain.
- While most people consider low back pain as a chronic condition, it can be managed effectively. It is important to realize that there is no overnight cure and that it may not get better on its own. Physiotherapy is a very good intervention; however, it will depend on the severity of pain and how it affects the patient's lifestyle.
I am 19 years old my back born problem this so painful have painrelief cream but is not not relief me please help me.
Facing with knee pain,is their any medicin without side effects?present I am using topnack sr once in a week.lost week I went to doctor.he was given Diacerein Capsuls IP 50 mg.pl give me advice.
Hi I am 30 yrs old and I am suffering from thigh pain from last couple of weeks. It's getting more when I am driving car. What should I do for relief?
My shoulder having so much problem due to accident pain after 16days. What can I do. I feel some ligament are missed behaved.
Torn cartilages are quite a common form of injury occurring in the human body. While one can’t always be too cautious of injuries, one can still try to be conscious of their muscles and do not move about in an abrupt manner to cause injury to themselves. Further, even though torn cartilages are very common, they are quite painful and most often they occur in the knee. Here are some tips to ensure that your torn cartilage heals well and you are exposed to less pain during the healing period:
Rest: You must take rest. While it is advised to take bed rest, humanly it is impossible to spend all day in bed. Thus one can move about a little but avoid walking and straining their legs and knee too much. At times crutches can be taken while taking a few steps in the room.
Ice Therapy: Putting ice bags in the affected area helps in relaxing the muscles and reducing the pain quite a lot. Though previously people adhered to putting hot water bags, the scenario is slowly changing to ice therapy.
Compress: When you are suffering from a torn cartilage, the doctor often puts a bandage on the knee to compress the area. This is done so that the muscles are brought together and they can heal on their own with time and rest.
Elevate the Knee: Often it is seen that during such cases, the knee or the hands are rested in an elevated platform. This platform is created with the help of a pillow mostly. This lets the cartilage get time to rest and heal on its own.
Avoid Strenuous Activities: This includes jumping, running, jogging, kicking etc, when it comes to the legs and writing, lifting weight etc. when it comes to the hands. These activities require a lot of strength and power and most of all the use of the cartilages. Since the cartilages are torn and in their healing mode, it is best to avoid such activities for a certain amount of time to not put pressure on the cartilages and damage them further.
Painkillers: It has been already mentioned that the healing period can be painful. Thus, the doctor may prescribe some painkillers to ease the pain during this time.
Thus, these are some of the easiest ways to deal with a torn cartilage. The recovery period may be painful, but it happens to many people and is completely healable in nature. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.