Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra RaghunandanYour feedback matters!
I am taking medicine for pcod since 2 months and am also loosing weight still how much time it will take to get pregnant what is the minimum and maximum time to overcome this pcod problem please can you suggest.
I had safe sex with my fiance on 27.03.2017. Her period cycle date is 17th of every month. The period in the month of April came on 15.04.2017. But today is 23.05.2017, still the period not came out. Is there any chance of pregnancy? What is the remedy? please help.
Hi I am 32 years old I got married last month I made love to my wife every night but still she got period on time. She is not pregnant Is it normal.
Dear Sir / madam, How to do sex without protection with wife? How to follow calendar method. Once we ejaculate inside the vagina the seven will be there for four days. I got this from article. So if I do in the 7 th day will she get pregnant.
I am 21 and my gf is 20 .3 days back we cuddled and there was precum on my penis .i think I touched it before I started fingering here .can it cause pregnancy? She is supposed to get her periods around 15th feb. Today she had a thick creamy vaginal discharge .i read precum contains some sperm from previous ejaculation but I masturbated 3 days before that incident even urinated before I fingered her. Can she still get pregnant?
I'm having pain in my right side waist region from around 6 months, I was suffering from Herpes I took medicine & now I'm taking Neuro_mpg 75 (pregabalin & methylcobalamin capsules) but the pain still exist. Can you tell why its so.
I am 21 old female.. I am not having my periods monthly.. When I am on my periods, I am suffering with severe stomach pain at start and ending of the period.. What should I do to get my periods monthly and how would I avoid stomach pain problem?
My months is very irregular nd even it was approx to mill but when I went for a check up there was no issue in reports what shall I do.
The thought of undergoing a major surgery worries most people as they stress about the possible surgical complications, outcomes of the procedure or just get scared with the idea of getting an incision. But, following a few simple steps before the surgery may enable you to not only lessen your fears but also accelerate the recovery process.
Here are some of the most effective tips to prepare yourself in a way that ensures a stress-free surgical procedure.
1. Acquire knowledge about the surgery beforehand: Keep yourself thoroughly informed about the surgical procedures you will undergo. Ask your surgeon about the time required for complete recovery, your stay at the hospital, hygiene standards of the hospital etc. Also, talk about the surgical complications that you may experience and the measures to be taken from your side to deal with them.
2. Inform the doctor about your prevalent health issues: Talk to your doctor if you are suffering from any medical conditions currently like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis etc. Also inform him if you are under any kind of medications or allergic to any particular drug.
3. Enquire about the types of anaesthesia available: Knowing about your anaesthesia choices always help you prepare better for an operation. While some surgery requires specific types of anaesthesia for other you can decide whether you want a local, regional or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia is used for affecting a small area while the regional one is used for numbing a larger part and general, your entire body.
4. Be prepared to deal with the post-surgery pain: You might experience post-surgery pain depending on the type of procedure followed. Ask your doctor for suggestions on the type of medicines you should do to curb this pain. Generally, most doctors recommend drugs, hot or cold therapy, massage etc.
5. Look for a caregiver in advance: You will require some support and care after the surgery while you recover. Seek the help of your family and friends in this regard and ensure that someone can stay with you for at least a day after you return from the hospital.
6. Follow the pre and post surgery instructions given by the doctor: Follow all the instructions given by the doctor regarding the kind of diet to be followed, restriction from consuming certain things like alcohol or any other lifestyle changes required to keep you healthy before and after the surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.
Food additive advantages
Some additives improve or maintain the food's nutritive value. Vitamins a, c, d, e, thiamine, niacin, riboflavin, pyridoxine, folic acid, calcium carbonate, zinc oxide and iron are often added to foods such as flour, bread, biscuits, breakfast cereals, pasta, margarine, milk, iodized salt and gelatin desserts. Instead of vitamin c, you may see ascorbic acid listed. Alpha-tocopherol is another name for vitamin e, and beta carotene is a source of vitamin a. In addition to providing nutrients, food additives can help reduce spoilage, improve the appearance of foods and increase the availability of a variety of foods throughout the year.
Food additive disadvantages
Some food additives can potentially cause harmful side effects. For example, butylated hydroxyanisole, commonly known as bha, is a preservative used in foods including potato chips, crackers, beer, baked goods and cereal. It has been classified by the u. S. Department of health and human services as a preservative" reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen" sulfites, which are added to baked goods, wine, condiments and snack foods, could cause hives, nausea, diarrhea and shortness of breath in some people.
Colors are additives, too
Coloring, in the form of dyes, pigments or other substances, is technically considered a food additive. These substances are often used to enhance color that's lost due to storage or processing. Pigments derived from natural sources, such as vegetables, minerals or animals, are exempt from certification. Man-made colors require testing by both the manufacturer and the fda to ensure they meet specific guidelines for purity.
Artificial preservatives can help your food last longer without becoming contaminated with food-borne illnesses, which is the reason they're found in so many different processed foods. Although all artificial preservatives used in the united states have been deemed" generally recognized as safe" by the u. S. Food and drug administration, not all of these additives are 100-percent safe for everyone. Some preservatives are associated with adverse effects, which can involve an unpleasant reaction in people sensitive to a particular additive or a potential increased risk for cancer.
Artificial preservatives may act as antioxidants, make food more acidic, reduce the moisture level of food, slow down the ripening process and prevent the growth of microorganisms, all of which help the food last longer. This means you can make fewer trips to the store and have less food waste because the preservatives help minimize the amount of food you buy that goes bad before you can eat it.
Limiting foodborne illnesses
Approximately one out of every six americans get a foodborne illness each year, according to the centers for disease control and prevention. Without artificial preservatives to limit the spread of the organisms that cause these illnesses, this number might be even higher. Some of these illnesses, such as botulism, can be deadly.
Potential adverse reactions
Certain preservatives, including sulfites and sodium benzoate, may cause adverse reactions in a small percentage of the population. Sulfites help limit the growth of bacteria in wine and the discoloration of dried fruit, but can cause potentially deadly allergic reactions in sensitive individuals, including rashes, low blood pressure, diarrhea, flushing, abdominal pain, asthmatic reactions and anaphylactic shock. Sodium benzoate, also called benzoic acid, is used in acidic foods to keep microorganisms from growing. In sensitive individuals, it can cause asthma, hives.
Increased cancer risk
Although sodium benzoate is usually considered safe for people who aren't sensitive to it, when combined with ascorbic acid in acidic foods it can produce benzene, which may slightly increase your risk for leukemia and other types of cancer, according to the center for science in the public interest. Nitrates and nitrites, which are often used to preserve cured meats, such as lunch meat and hot dogs, may also increase your risk for certain types of cancers, according to the u. S. Environmental protection agency.
A healthy diet is one which will improve not just your physical health, but your mental health as well. It is essentially concerned with healthy nutrients and essential amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. A healthy diet can be obtained by consuming the correct proportion of vegetarian and non-vegetarian foods.
The following section focuses upon how to have healthy and controlled diet in and out of home for yourself and your family!
1. Tips for your family
- Have the food as slowly as possible.
- Have small quantities of food at one time.
2. At home
- Eat on small plates to control having extra quantities of food.
- While doing the monthly shopping of groceries, buy the food in small containers to make yourself aware of how much you are consuming.
- Try to have meat, poultry and seafood with herbs and spices instead of sauces or gravies.
3. Outside home
- While having food at restaurant, have lighter version of the food. Foods rich in gravies and spices can adversely affect your health.
- Experience mindfully the experience of tasting the delicious food. This is good both for your physical as well as mental health.
- Avoid having desserts immediately after food if possible.
- Try to have healthier foods like fresh fruits, sorbets, whole grains and other lighter versions of your choice of foods. Carefully notice the amount of food you are consuming no matter whatever you eat!
- Try to start your meal with broth-based soup or green salad. Order a healthier version of the food first and foremost in order to avoid being influenced by the choices of others who are having the meal with you.
4. Tips solely focused on and for your family
- Be a role model for your child by showing how to have smaller and required portions of the food, especially those with high calories.
- Teach them by offering healthy foods and letting them to choose the amount they want to eat.
- Encourage them to have plain water when thirsty. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
A sexless marriage is one where the couple does not get to have intercourse. This can happen due to many reasons including lack of interest in sex, lack of libido or sexual drive, lack of arousal, erectile dysfunction, vaginal issues like pain and dryness as well as premature ejaculation and various others. In a marriage or any long term relationship, sex is like a glue that holds the couple together and gives them an intimate basis to understand, support and respect each other through thick and thin. So it is important to fix this problem of a sexless marriage where the relationship has fallen prey to complete lack of sex or has not been consummated at all. Here are a few ways to do so.
Honesty: Getting an honest opinion from your partner regarding the utter lack of sex or non-consummated status of your relationship can actually make a world of difference. Stick to an honest approach yourself and tell your partner everything there is to know. That can goad your partner into sharing the truth, too. In such a case, trust comes into play and respect also enters the relationship.
Physical Ailments: If there are physical ailments like penile and erectile dysfunctions, premature ejaculation and other vaginal disorders, then this must first all be discussed by the couple. It is important for both parties to admit and become aware of the presence of a problem before visiting a doctor or a sexologist together so as to find out the cause and treatment for the condition.
Share Experiences: In many cases, the stress of past sexual trauma or handling the performance with a new love interest can lead to problems as far as sex goes. So, in such cases it is important for both partners to invest time in getting to know each other outside the bedroom and having a good time with each other without bringing sex into the picture. With this, one can slowly forge a connection on the basis of which, sex will also naturally follow. Cultivating hobbies, making mutual friends, visiting places and other such activities can help a couple bond better.
Find out Each Other's Preferences: A major part of intimacy comes from being able to openly discuss each other's sexual preferences in terms of likes, dislikes, toys, pornography viewing and other such things. So it is important to open up and be open so as to facilitate greater pleasure and culmination of the act.
Learn your way around each other with trust, honesty and respect in order to create a relationship where a caring touch is rendered even to the most intimate acts.