Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra RaghunandanYour feedback matters!
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks.
Me and my wife had relation immediately after her period ends and now worried that we don't want baby sor early, my wife took contraceptive pills also but after 2 days and m worried now can you please help me regarding.
I am 26 years old I am trying for baby since 1 yr. My period is irregular ,my doctor suggests me follicular study .at 10 day my right ovary 8 mm and left is 7 mm and endometrium t/t is 5.2 and 13 day rt ovary nd left ovary is same size and endometrium t/t is 6 mm. After that my doctor giving me hcg5000 I.u injection .Tell me that injection increases my follicle size? And when I am ovulating? Suggest me any medicine and treatment for increase my follicle size soon. And this injection is safe for me or not?
Summers are here and so is the summer collection plus the summer heat. Summers are the time when women are happy that they can at last wear their floral sundresses, wear shorts, spaghetti straps, and those who are planning to go to a foreign destination for their summer are probably sweating out at the gym to flaunt their perfect body in a bikini.
However, along with all the good things there are also bad things and so with being able to strut out of the door wearing the latest fashion, women are also worried about the damage by the sun is causing to precious, spotless and fair skin. Not to mentioned, about the skin rashes and the horrible sweat, which make us look disheveled and ugly
Therefore, summer brings good and bad and hence we have to learn to be happy with the good and accept the bad. So today, I am going to give you some splendid tips to deal with the heat this summer.
So let us start with the first thing and i.e. put on a good sunscreen before you leave the house, because the sun can do a lot of damage to your skin and I doubt you want that.
The second thing is that wear an antiperspirant cum deodorant, this will stop from wet patches forming on the armpits of your dress and your back, and it will also make you feel fresh and good.
It is good to wear loose cotton clothes during summer because it will give you free moment, it will be airy and you will feel comfortable wearing it, rather than feeling itchy and sweaty. Make sure that you wear cool colored clothes like blue, green, white, etc., always carry a hat with you to protect yourself from the direct rays of the sun.
Make sure you carry many wet wipes with you so that whenever you feel hot and sweaty you can wipe your face with that. In addition, carry your antiperspirant and deodorant to make sure that you don’t smell due to excessive sweating.
Drink a lot of water, and fruit juices. Heat can make your skin look dehydrated and lifeless and drinking a lot, of fluids will help to restore the beauty of your skin.
Hence, these are some of the tips, which you ought to follow to beat the heat this summer and enjoy a happy summer.
I am a 20 year old male my height is 5'8 , and I want to increase my height for that I've started in taking ashwagandha. Can it help to increase my height and please suggest me way to take ashwagandha and time period and any other way to increase my head height. Thank you.
My last period date is Jan 25 and I had sex on feb 5, till yet I didn't got my periods But I felt few cramps in stomach and medium breast pain and it increased bit. I felt as I'm pregnant, I don't know how many weeks I'm pregnant and how to count that. Please let me know how many weeks I'm pregnant. Presently I'm healthy and not using any of medicines. I want to go for abortion Is it good if I use abortion kit? Should I consult any doctor regarding dosage? Or please guide me how to take steps.
Ultra sound is commonly known as sonography. It is a process of reproducing ultrasound images of soft tissues of a particular body part and other organs on the computer screen with the help of the echoes of the sound waves produced by the transducer, a high-frequency generating instrument.
Ultra sound is commonly used during the different stages of pregnancy to denote the foetal health, date of delivery, birth defects etc. However, in recent times, the ultra sound has also been associated with the diagnosis of other body parts such as the eyes, heart, gall bladder, liver, ovary, uterus, kidney, uterus, testicles, and ovaries. Ultra sound has also been useful in conducting biopsies for suspecting cancer patients, although not all of the cancers are detected by this imaging process. 3D & 4D ultrasound imaging are useful for looking at a particular body portion with much more precision and in slow motion respectively.
The advantages of ultra sound are:
1. The process of ultrasound imaging is a painless and a fast one. It does not require any insertion of needles or similar objects to denote the problems of the concerned body part.
2. The process is more convenient as compared to other similar imaging processes like MRI, mammogram and x-rays as they can capture images of the soft tissues, blood flow & cysts more clearly than the other processes.
3. The process is free of any harmful effects as there are no chances of exposure to radiation as compared to similar processes such as CT scans or X-rays. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.