Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chitra Raghunandan
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chitra RaghunandanYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor. I am 28 years old. Besides my regular periods of MC, I am getting blood clots & white sticky fluid from my vagina due to I feel low & back ache, legs ache & pain in right lower side of my abdomen. I have taken Fluconazole for it but it again persists now after a month. Please help.
Hi, on 11 November I had sex with my girlfriend she didn't took any pill. But we didn't intercourse just had oral sex. Is there any chances to get pregnant? Because my sperm is not injected in to vagina. Just we try to keep but nt inserted. I want to know that is she get pregnancy or not.
My gf had unprotected sex with me on 7th day of her period. She took ipill within 12 hrs. Her LMP was on 3rd Feb 2018. She even didn't got her withdrawal bleeding. Now it has been 9 days passed she has yet not got her periods. She has taken two urine pregnancy test but both are negative. Will she get her periods or something else is there.
Dr. I am pregnant of 5 months. But my fetus growth is not so well. My belly is in its normal position. Just a lil growth. No one can say I am pregnant. Dr. Saidy baby is weak. So what should I do. Which help in my baby growth. And in my body growth.
B/l ovaries are slightly enlarged in size and show multiple small follicles of 4-5 mm arranged in periphery with inc strominal area and with absence of dominant follicles in both ovaries-PCOD. Left ovary meas3.1*3.0*3.1cm with approx vol 18cc Rt ovary meas3.2*3.4*3.5 cm with approx vol 19cc. Kindly suggest any homeopathic medicine.
Vulvodynia is a medical condition in which women suffer from chronic pain in the vaginal area without any cause. Even today, women don’t often go for proper diagnosis for vulvodynia because of the societal pressure due to which doctors and researchers are still not able to find out the exact cause of vulvodynia.
Types of vulvodynia
1. Generalized vulvodynia: This occurs when there is immense pain in different areas of the vagina. It can occur once in a while or the pain can be constant. Slight pressure or touch on the vagina can make it worse.
2. Vulvar Vestibulitis syndrome: Pain generally occurs in the entrance of the vagina. A burning sensation is felt when pressure is applied on the vagina or during sexual intercourse.
Possible causes of vulvodynia:
1. Irritation to the nerve or a nerve injury can increase the risk of vulvodynia.
2. An infection or a trauma in the vulvar cells can also give rise to abnormal responses which might cause vulvodynia.
3. The vulva can also respond poorly to inflammation due to genetic factors.
4. Yeast infection and hypersensitivity can also cause vulvodynia.
5. Muscle spasm
6. Irritation or allergies to chemical substances.
7. Hormonal changes like menstruation or menopause can also cause vulvodynia.
8. If you have a history of sexual abuse or rape, you are more likely to develop vulvodynia.
9. Using excessive antibiotic can lead to the weakening of the cells around the vagina.
Symptoms of vulvodynia:
1. Rawness, stinging or burning sensation in the vagina.
2. Soreness or acute aching sensation in and around the vagina.
3. Throbbing can also occur on the vagina if you have vulvodynia.
4. Itchiness in and around the vagina.
5. Pain can either occur once a while or all the time during vulvodynia.
6. Walking, exercising or having sex can also cause immense pain in the vagina.
7. The vagina can also ache while walking, sitting or exercising.
8. Discomfort can be felt on your entire vulva.
Vulvodynia can impact a woman’s life greatly. It can disable her ability to exercise or have sex. Vulvodynia can also make her withdraw from her social life or work. It is of utmost importance to book an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as possible if you have vulvodynia.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Pregnant women face double the risk of miscarriage when exposed to non-ionizing radiation emitted from the laptop, smartphone and even bluetooth devices, as per a recent study. The study was conducted on 913 pregnant women over the age of 18 years and were made to wear a small magnetic-field monitoring device for 24 hours.
The increased risk of miscarriage associated with high magnetic fields was consistently observed regardless of the sources of high magnetic fields. After controlling for multiple other factors, women who were exposed to higher magnetic fields, showed 2.72 times the risk of miscarriage than those with lower magnetic fields exposure. The study was published in the journal Scientific Reports.