Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. CharuYour feedback matters!
My 2 months 15 days child baby boy is having a white patch on the stomach, armpit, chin area what could the reason be and does it vanish as he grow.
My baby has cold & cough before 15 days treated with antibiotics, antihistamine till he having cough what shall I do?
Hlo sir I have one baby 1 year I am feed him BT now I am pregnant kya mai apne pehle bche ki feed continue rakh skti hu SB mana kr re hai I am confuse tell me.
For my son his age is 3 month and he is having too much loos motion and he is having infection on it so what to do?
Hi, My son is completing 10 years today and I would like to know the list of vaccines he should be administered and from where I can get it done.
Hi my baby girl is 5 month old since last 4 days was doing very loose potty but in general intervals mostly 3 to 4 times a day. Yesterday frequency increased to 5 times and we visited doctor be.
My baby is 4 month old. And suffering from cough. I used ascoril LS 15 ml syrup .Please suggest me the medicine. How much ml I given the syrup.
Hi Doctor, my son age is 10 months old and 9 kgs weight. He has some nuro problem like cerebral dysfunction. Doctors are saying like right now muscle power is low, if it improves he can able to walk quickly. My doubt, is there any foods specially for children to improve muscle power? If yes that will add my sons life. Thank you so much. Please help me on that. Could you please tell me the best nutrition food for 10 months baby. Thanks.
Hi, my baby is 3 & half year old. Her weight is not increasing & she is weak. Kindly give good treatment for her to increase her weight & health. Her diet chart menctioned below: morning one cup milk. At 11 am one chapati with veg. At 1: 30 one chapati with dal. At 5 pm one cup milk with biscuit. Evening two chapati with veg. Her weight is 13 kg from last one year. She is active also but her weight is not increasing.
My son is of 6 years and he is not look healthy. As he is sharp and quick in everything but look very weak. Please suggest me.
My son is 4 months old and he has a black mole on his back side of left leg. Is it anything to concern?
My child is 45 days old and she was diagnosed with hydrocephalus on 8 th month. And she was a normal delivery at end of 8th month. We see only head circumference is high, her activities are normal. Its preferred to do etv for her.
I am 32 years old. Recently I hv a c section delivered a baby. After that I used some ayurvedic mefic to keep body heat. So now am getting excess dehydration. My total body is burning. Unable to feed baby also am getting fatigue, tired really feeling discomfort. What should I do.
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.