Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Delhi. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Chander Kala SharmaYour feedback matters!
Me and my wife are planning to have a child soon. We have been married for a year. Can I get some basic level tips that increase our chances to have a baby?
Hello my last period was in 15th july and I had sex from 7th day till yesterday on alternative days, now pls advice shall we do more or wait till next period for pregnancy.
Hello Doctor, I am newly married and wanted to know how to produce healthy baby and precaution. Please help me.
I ve been married from 4 years, we are trying for baby and are unsuccessful. I have PCOD and thyroid. Thyroid is in normal range .But due to Pcod, have irregular periods. How can I successfully conceive. Any suggestions?
I suffer from severe pain during my menstruation so much so that I cannot avoid taking pain killers for 2 consecutive days. Earlier I use to vomit and my BP use to come down but it has improved since 2 years. All my ultrasound report and uterus report are normal. I consulted 6 doctors till date and most of them say the pain will go gradually after marriage and gave me Iron pills to have. I am married now but this problem is still pertaining. I have been facing this since 7 years. Pls help and guide. Does taking often pain killers during menses is OK? I hope it will not affect me in conceiving in future.
My menses are irregular, I heard that thyroid causes irregular menses, and I grown up 3 kgs weight for a month, is it true that I need to check for thyroid test? Does thyroid is permanent in the body? I was scaring , please suggest me.
Are you experiencing swelling, bump and lesions in your vaginal area? These might be an indication of female vaginal sores. They may be itchy, quite painful, are usually tender and may also produce discharge. The sores usually develop because of skin disorders. Most cases of genital sores are symptoms of some kind sexually transmitted infection (STI).
Diagnosis of female genital sores
A physical examination is undertaken for finding out the exact cause of genital sores and swelling in women. A pelvic test may also be carried out and you will be required to provide your doctor with your medical history reports. Blood tests, including blood work and a culture of the sore are also used for diagnosis. A culture is referred to as the method of taking a sample from your genital sore and testing it for the detection of bacteria. An ideal treatment method is suggested by your doctor after proper diagnosis.
Based on the symptoms you experience and observe, you can cure vaginal sores by using simple self-care methods before consulting a doctor. A sitz bath is effective for getting relief from pain and discomfort. You can prepare a sitz bath at home by filling your bathtub with warm water and adding a saline solution or baking soda to the water in the bathtub. The water should be up to your hips when you get into the bathtub. You may even purchase a small basin meant for a sitz bath, which is available at all drug stores.
There are various ways of treating vaginal sores and the exact treatment depends on the cause of the sores. Here is a list of the most common treatment methods:
- Use certain oral and topical medicines for treating the sores and getting relief from pain.
- Try other medicines which include pain relievers, antibiotics, corticosteroids, antiviral medications, and certain anti-itch medicines for treating vaginal sores.
- Some forms of genital sores do not require treatment, but you can get rid of them if they are bothering you. A noncancerous cyst is such a type of sore.
- The long term outlook for vaginal sores depends on the cause. Sores accompanied by swelling occur due to chronic skin conditions, which are likely to affect you again in the future. You should get an existing STI treated for avoiding the recurrence of vaginal sores.
- The best way to keep away from vaginal sores is to have safe sex using protection, such as condoms. This will prevent the infection from being transmitted to your sexual partners. You must not hide the fact that you are having vaginal sores to avoid harassment, and should always open up and seek proper treatment.
5 uncommon ways to live longer
Things such as exercise, a healthy diet are a great way to live longer. However, there are certain uncommon strategies that you could incorporate in extending your lifespan.
Things such as exercise, a healthy diet are a great way to live longer. However, there are certain uncommon strategies that you could incorporate in extending your lifespan. Here are 5 tips to help:
Alcohol: Scientific studies showed that moderate drinking is linked to low mortality rate, while a lack of alcohol totally raises a person’s risk of dying. The study also showed that mortality rates among people who don’t drink alcohol are actually higher than those of hardcore alcoholics. However, moderation and red wine are important.
Sex: Scientific Study has shown that sexual activity has a “protective effect” on health. Though the study features additional evidence to support the idea that women benefit from more frequent encounters, also. The study further shows that men who achieve frequent orgasms can raise life expectancy by 3-8 years and lower mortality risk by about 50 percent.
Shopping: A study discovered that shopping regularly decreases mortality rates for men and women. This doesn’t mean you should spend carelessly. The benefits of shopping have to do with walking and socialising
Laughter: Norwegian scientists have disclosed that those who inject humor into their lives can increase their lifespans by as much as 8 years. Moderate laughter aids in keeping blood vessels elastic. Hysterical laughter can over-exert the body’s organs, which can accelerate certain health conditions or biological defects.
Love the curve: women with larger hips, bottoms and thighs have a lower risk for heart and metabolic diseases. Apparently, when fat lives in the hips and derriere, it helps absorb fatty acids that can lead to the arteries being clogged
I missed the first pill of 21 days contraception but took 2 on second day. Will I need emergency contraception if I have unprotected sex in next 6 days?
I' am 32 years old. I am not married yet. I am going to do that within 1 year. After marriage will it be troublesome to have a baby? If it is not then how many years we can wait? Or we have to take a baby immediately? Need to say that I had to abortion a few years ago and my would be husband 5 years younger than me and I am physically fit and slim. Answer please.
A simple, uncomplicated cataract surgery should not take more than 10 minutes to perform. The best part about a cataract surgery is that most people see almost immediate results and improved vision. However, full recovery can take awhile. Each person heals at a different speed but ideally, your eyes should heal completely in a month.
Here are a few tips to help speed up this process and avoid infections and eye injuries:
- Take it easy: Just because the surgery takes a short time is no reason to underestimate its importance. Do not drive on the first day and as far as possible avoid driving for the next few days as well. Do not put any extra pressure on your eyes by bending, lifting weights etc. This will ensure that your stitches do not tear open. Try to avoid excessive sneezing and coughing as this can jerk the lens out of place.
- Protect your eyes: Wearing sunglasses is a good idea after a cataract surgery. This will protect your delicate eyes against dust, wind etc. Avoid using community swimming pools and hot tubs immediately after such a surgery to lower the risk of infections. Avoid rubbing your eyes aggressively. For the first week, keep your face out of the shower so as to avoid feeling the need to press or rub your eyes as well as to protect them from bacteria in the water.
- Lubricate: Your eyes may feel dry and scratchy after a cataract surgery. This is normal and not something to worry about. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops to be taken after the surgery. Use these regularly. Once this is over you may need additional artificial tears or lubricating eye drops. However, do not take these drops without first consulting your doctor. If your eyes are sensitive to the preservatives in bottled eye drops, look for single use ampoules. Ensure that you always wash your hands well before administering the eye drops.
- Keep the eye clean: Though washing your face is avoidable, you must still keep the eye clean. Use cotton and a sterile saline wash for the first few days. You can later replace the saline with cool boiled water.
If you feel any deterioration in your vision, pain or excessive discharge in the operated eye, you must immediately consult your doctor. Seeing sudden flashes of light or floaters in your vision should also not be ignored.