Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Chanchal Pal
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Chanchal PalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Very good & experienced doctor
It was awesome consulting her
Tinnitus is perception of a ringing noise This signals some other underlying condition such as an ear injury or age related hearing loss. These sounds could range from being a buzzing, ringing, to a hissing sound.
Tinnitus may be caused by:
- Exposure to loud noise: loud noises emanating from honking, firearms or heavy machinery can lead to tinnitus.
- Aging: Aging can cause progressive loss of hearing and tinnitus.
- Blockage of the ear: due to earwax or fluid present in the ears, leads to tinnitus.
- Fixation of the ear bone: Any stiffening of the middle bone in the ear could impair your hearing and result in this condition.
Certain factors such as smoking, age, sex (men are prone to this disorder) and heart related disorders increase the risks of being affected by this condition.
The treatment of this condition begins with the identification of the underlying condition, if any. The various treatment options are –
- Removal of earwax: Excess earwax has gotten rid of which can relieve symptoms of tinnitus.
- Suppression of noise: Certain machines, known as white noise machines, produce random sounds such as the sound of rain or the sounds of waves, thus eliminating the ‘hearing’ of sounds which are common to this condition.
- Medications: Certain medications can help reduce the severity of the symptoms.
The air that we breathe today is full of toxic and hazardous pollutants. Pollution in the environment could leave mother Earth sapped of its beauty and biodiversity. Each year millions of people die all around the world due to different pollution related problems. The key to live a healthy life is to identify the sources of air pollution and implement practical ways so that we can help stop air pollution. This article is going to suggest different ideas that can contribute to stop air pollution in the world around us.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
So, I will posting articles related to air pollution and steps we can take to prevent it for better living.
Common Air Pollutants and their Sources
1. Carbon Monoxide: Generated by cigarettes, combustion engines, gas and fuel appliances, incinerators.
2. Lead from aircraft fuel metal processing plants, incineration and battery acid production
3. Ozone produced by car exhausts, factory processing, electric utilities, power plants, chemical solvents.
4. Nitrogen Dioxide from car engines, airplane engines, factories, and power plants.
5. Sulfur Dioxide -locomotives, ships, planes, and other equipment produce huge volumes of Sulfur Dioxide. Industrial processes, particularly ore extraction and purification, are also producers of the gas.
6. Particulate Matter: produced by nearly every single process involving chemicals and fuels, farming and construction.
Effects of Common Air Pollutants
EFFECTS ON HUMANS
- Coughing and shortness of breath, Asthma and sometimes premature deaths,
- Lung cancer
- IQ loss and impacts on learning, memory, and behavior in children due to damage to the developing nervous system,
- Heart disease
- kidney effects
EFFECTS ON ENVIRONMENT - FLORA AND FAUNA
- Lead can cause damage to flora and fauna.
- Ozone is a dangerous substance for most living organisms and multiple ecosystems on land and in the sea.
- Acid rains produced by Nitrogen Dioxide and Sulfur Dioxide are extremely destructive to the soil, plants and animals,
- Particulate Matter is harmful to animals, mammals being more affected
Tonsillitis is a condition, which is characterized by infection of the tonsils in your throat. The tonsils are a pair of lymph nodes that are situated in the throat; its primary function is to protect the body from various infections at very early childhood.
Although the disorder can occur at any age, it is majorly common among children. A large number of bacteria or viruses can cause this disorder, but the most serious symptoms occur when it is caused by the streptococcal bacteria.
Although tonsils combat these infections, at times, they can fall prey to the same, thus resulting in tonsillitis. Tonsillitis can be caused by both virus and bacteria; however, it is mostly caused by the former. Kids and school going children are very vulnerable to this disorder as they can come in contact with harmful viruses and bacteria very easily.
You will experience symptoms such as a sore throat, bad breath and have difficulty in speaking. Swelling of the tonsils will also make swallowing of food a difficult affair. Other symptoms of tonsillitis are stomach cramps, fever and headaches. The neck and the jaw may also feel tender due to the swollen lymph nodes.
If the symptoms are mild, then it usually does not require any specific treatment.
For severe symptoms, antibiotics are prescribed to combat the bacteria that caused the infection in the first place.
In addition to these treatment methods, there are certain home remedies that you can follow. The tips you can follow are:
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Use a humidifier
- Gargle with lukewarm water mixed with salt, regularly
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.