Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am looking for a Homeopathic solution for my problem and don't know which doctor can help. I have a problem of Candida (Candidiasis) or Yeast infection in my stomach from many years. I had the habit of eating sugar and adding sugar in everything as a child and thats where it started I think. I am trying to control it by not having any wheat and having more yogurts and curds in diet. It is controlled in very miniscule though. I still have problem of Bloating, Gas, Constipation and THICK WHITE THRUSH ON tongue (which smells so bad) in the morning. Is there any doctor who has cured or has any remedy for CANDIDA in homeopathy. Coz I just found out that homeopathy can treat this disorder!
I have a problem in gum which is very loosely attached to my teeth how to rectify this problem. So I need quick advice please respond it.
I am 16 years old I have tooth ache from last 5 months I have used many medicines but no use what to do please give me any medicine.
Mera 3days se left side corner ka teeth bohut pain kar raha hain naya teeth nikalne mai kitna din lagta hain 3days ho chuka or kitna din?
I am very painfully teeth in last month. And I tried all type checked but not get any result please sir, help me give such suggestion.
Hello sir I am naveen I am 25 yrs old man n I have suffering from cavity problem so what should I do.
He chews lots of tobacco in a day and his teeth have been spoiled due to this reason so any way to reduce the quantity of chewing his tobacco.
Using mouth wash good or bad, instead of brushing if we mouth wash ok, or use mouth was then brush without tooth paste will be o.k.
My jaw often locks and than there is only a limited mouth opening and after some time it starts opening with a clicking and popping sound. What should I do?
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.